Cars Etc.

Used 877-267-7918

Making Deals Since 1983

Good customer service

by from Knoxville, tn |

I searched all over knoxville for a Mini Cooper. Even visited the mini dealership. The cars weren't in as good of shape or the colors I liked until I drove by cars etc. they were very helpful and I got a used car in very good shape. And they worked to help find me financing with no credit history. I had been to 5 lots and dealt with every kind of car salesman you could imagine and was thankful for a no pressure visit with Patrick to get my new car.

October 9, 2014

We are so happy that we were able provide a good vehicle and friendly service to you! We look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Friendly and helpful!

by from Knoxville Tennessee |

Fast and friendly service. Extremely helpful and nice. Great car buying experience.

October 7, 2014

Thank you for the rating. We look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Very underhanded business here

by from Madisonville |

My husband purchased a 2009 ford F250 here. One of the first thing he does prior to purchasing a vehicle is look at the tires. This is not his first rodeo in buying Ford super duty pick ups. We have a large horse business. He does a ton of hauling. He knows exactly what he is doing when purchasing a truck. At any rate, this truck had new tires and nice wheels. It also had a chip. The programer to the chip was on the dash when he test drove this truck. The truck was without a tailgate and the driver side mirror was broken. He said he wanted the tailgate for the truck as well as a new mirror. All was agreed and he bought the truck. He left the truck to behind as they were to do the requested repairs. Once he was back from an out of town trip (two weeks later), he called to ask if the truck was ready. They replied "yes." He reiterated what was to be done repair wise. They then replied "oh, there must have been some miscommunication......we didn't know about the mirror". They said they would get right on it. He went to pick the truck up and found they had put a mirror on which didn't match the other mirror. He decided he could live with it and went home. After getting home, he noticed the tires and wheels had been switched on the truck and the programer was missing. He called to inquire about this and no one knew anything about it. After a little more pressure, they admitted to switching the tires as they said they were faulty tires. Well, why would you switch tires after someone had already purchased the truck "as is"? As for the programmer, they had no idea what happened to it. In the end they decided they would replace the mirror with the correct one. This took literally 5 minutes which should have been done in the first place. We encourage anyone buying from this outfit to take photos of the vehicle prior to purchase. We did not do this so had no proof the tires and wheels were changed. They put 6 ply tires on the truck which was a very dangerous thing to do and you definitely could not haul a trailer with those tires without having a serious blow out. We also encourage anyone who has raw dealings with this outfit to call the Attorney Generals office. We did this only to find out we are third in line in complaints against this outfit. I might add that we paid this vehicle note off and now have title in hand. $27,000 is not chump change to us and we expect to have decent service when plunking down that kind of cash. Think twice about using this dealership. Also, the truck was not serviced. We took it to a diesel mechanic who chanced the oil and plugs. The oil was just about black!!!

Truck Purchase

by from Old Hickory, TN |

We had no problem with customer service . The entire staff was kind, courteous and friendly. Only issue we have is that we were not informed that the driver side door lock is broken. Will not open with the key. Would not have been a show stopper but would have been a point for negotiation. We will be out the expense of having the lock repaired.

SUV Purchase

by from Chattanooga, TN |

Looked at lots of SUVs online and even drove to Nashville to look at one....and was unimpressed. The Cars Etc. pictures were very representative of the actual condition of the vehicle. Stopped by for a test drive and briefly discussed pricing. Then went to check out a couple of other vehicles at other dealers. After being held captive at the local Ford dealer for over an hour with no possibility of an acceptable trade...... I went back over to Cars Etc. briefly discussed trade numbers again and drove off in my new SUV in less than 30 minutes. No pressure. Probably the quickest vehicle purchase I have ever experienced. I hope the vehicle is as dependable as the purchase was easy. Thanks David!!!

Never Again

by from Knoxville, TN |

I bought a car on October 11th on October 23rd it would not start, at all. I am a stay at home mom and rarely ever drive. I spoke with someone on the phone who said "If you can get it down here we will take a look at it for you". So we had it towed to cars etc from west knoxville (expensive) and they ended up saying it was a bad starter. Now out of fairness I assumed that since I had the car less than two weeks and it was completely immobile now they would, in good faith put a new $60 starter in it for me. Well I spoke with James the owner and he had a terrible attitude with me from the start and gave me the run around about how it was illegal for them to fix it for me, then when I said that it was not very fair he said "well then come get your car and let someone else fix it". well as a woman who knows nothing about cars my hands were tied, I have no transportation to get my daughter to and from school and if theres an emergency what could I do? So I will have to get it fixed and I just think It was very bad business on their part. I have dealt with dealers in the past who would have gladly fixed the issue in good faith with no questions asked. I understand the car is technically mine after I drive it off the lot, and if it had been months i would not even have called the dealer about it,but it was 13 days after i bought it. I was in tears after talking to James and am still shaken up about how he treated me over in his words "a cheap fix" yet he was unwilling to do the right thing and fix their defective car. I am sure I will have to move on and deal with it without a suitable resolution, but I dont want another woman to have to be treated as I was. I am sure he wouldnt want anyone to treat his wife or daughter that way. very sad and dissapointed in this company. Definitely gone down hill from what it use to be.

serenity

by from Cohutta,ga |

was very mislead on 3500 silverado,truck had not been serviced and had a oil leak,also had a lot mud and grass on the undercarriage,was told they were not aware of problem and it was a issue that I could up with GM.Buyers need to be aware check vehicles througly before purhase.

November 4, 2012

We are very sorry you were not pleased with the 2011 Chevrolet 3500. I am sorry if we did not communicate clearly with you however we were actually offering to take it to the local Chevrolet dealership here in Knoxville for you to have it checked out seeing that the truck was still under full factory warranty they would have been able to resolve any issues they may have found. Again, I am sorry you were not satisfied with the vehicle and wish we could have resolved the problem for you.

Excellent Experience

by from Clinton, TN |

Recently was shopping for a car on Cars.com and found just what I was looking for at Cars Etc. When I called, the staff was helpful and answered all my questions. I really like that I didn't feel pressured to make a purchase, even on the lot. The car was in great shape and I could not be happier with my purchase. I would definitely recommend Cars Etc. to anyone looking for a quality car purchase.

Not very reasonable

by from maryville |

Went to look at trucks and they have miss leading adds. State the vehicles have equipment that is not on the vehicle. Then they are real nice about letting u drive the vehicles, then will low ball u on yours and ask full value at least on their stock. They are worse than a dealer. Won't go back.

September 26, 2012

We are sorry that the adds that where presented in the ad where not on the vehicle. That was a mistake on our part and we do apologies. We try to work as fair of a deal as possible for everyone, however occasionally we are unable to put a deal together that works for both parties.