Mad City Sales

99 W Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI 53713

Used 800-940-9115

Poor Service - No Communication - Promises not kep

by from Madison, WI |

First impression not so bad. Team is friendly and seem committed to the organization. I signed up for the concierge vehicle search program. $200 fully refundable deposit. 9 days past and I didn't hear from anyone. Finally called and tried working with this dealership for another 9 days. Nothing improved. In fact, the owner was suppose to working on the vehicle search and he wasn't any better. I do not recommend spending your time here. They promise way more service and quality than they can deliver. This dealer is getting poor reviews on almost every website.

demanding, high pressure sales, and misleading

by from Reedsburg, WI |

After hearing their ads on the radio I figured to give them a try. So I gave them a call the night before I had intended to go to the dealership. I asked about several different vehicles listed on the website and all were available but one that had been sold. When i got there the next day, a salesman was at the car door before i could even get out. He was telling me how he had three or four people looking for a car just like mine, and how they sell the most vehicles in all of dane county. So I asked him where the vehicles I had called about were (only saw one on the lot). He told me that they had so many cars that they stored the rest on another lot, and I could not look at the cars til i had been approved for credit. After finding out that my credit wasn't good enough for their "credit for the people". they became very pushy and demanding that my down payment be several thousand dollars plus my trade-in, and that I had no other options for any kind of financing. When it came to any kind of dollar amounts on what they were going to give for my trade the salesman changed the subject as fast as he could. All and all they try to break you down til you agree to their terms. Since then I've been approved for a auto loan from another dealership with zero down and had no hassle doing so. Best of luck to you and I hope this helps in your search.

STAY AWAY! AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!

by from madison, WI |

I would give this NO STARS if I could rate it lower. Exactly what you would expect from a used car dealership....if it was a skit from Saturday Night Live. Said anything on the phone just to get us in the door and surprise, surprise they did not even have the car from their web site that we told them we were driving there to look at-but they were happy to show us other cars which were in accidents, filthy and not worth $200. Their "customer NO-service" was pathetic, very shady place...would never go back!

Follow Up Customer Service is very poor

by from Janesville, WI |

I can't say the customer service itself was bad, but not completely upfront for sure. I was told my spare key was misplaced and my saleswoman would do her best to locate it and then mail it to me. However, she did mention it would not be a big deal to order one, of course I wasn't aware it was going to cost me well over $100.00. In addition, it appears my credit references only served as referrals to my friends and family. I have had to explain and apologize for giving out peoples personal information more than once. A little shady at best, I would say. I could go on, but I will end with one suggestion. If you are going to have customers rate their experience maybe it shouldn't be at the salespersons desk. I love my car,but too many little things that did not seem honest to me for me to ever recommend them to anyone.