Subaru 46

364 Rte 46, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Used 888-687-3939

Sold an unsafe car

by from East Meadow, NY 11554 |

I purchased a used vehicle after seeing their add on ebay. I called and spoke to the salesman. I specifically asked him if there was any major issues with the car that would cause it not to pass NY inspeciation. I got an answer that gave me the confidence to agree to buy the car. I advised the salesman that I was driving 2 hrs from long island to buy as a first car for my daughter. I test drove the car and it was bumpy and low to the ground but It is a car, I am used to driving SUV's. It was a very bumpy ride home and I took it to my mechanic when I saw the next day that the front drivers side had dropped and the car was on an angle. I was advised by my mechanic that all 4 struts were broken, the drivers side had let loose and that the brakes were so bad they could not even save the rotors. He told me that I was lucky that I did not have an accident on the way home. This repair cost me 1596.96. The dealership told me, sorry AS-IS. I said I had asked about major issues and I was told they can't predict these things. Their dealer sheet in the window for this vehicle states that it is given a full safety check. A basic mechanic would have seen that there was no way this car would pass anything. It scared me that they shook my hand and let me drive out of their dealership with an unsafe car. I am telling everyone never to buy a vehicle from them.

Did not honor quote given to me

by from 07823 |

I requested quotes from local Subaru dealers through cars.com. Subaru 46 was one of the lower quotes I went in to speak with a salesman and get the new car buying process started. When he went to the sales manager things went south. The sales manager would not honor the quote given to me even though the email from the dealership was shown to him. He had some excuse of the old sales manager who just left the business gave that quote and there is no way they could sell a car for that price. They were not the only dealership that came back with this price. I received a call from sales,an after I returned home. He spoke with owner of dealership but his words were we could 'work' with the quote given which is not the same as honor. They need to do some big time butt kissing to get me to step foot in that dealership again. My friend also is buy a Subaru and we are planning on doing at same dealership...we wrote this one off.

WARNING: Dishonest Service Manager!!!

by from 07852 |

I ve owned Subaru s for over 10 years and I have always trusted the delearships with servicing my cars. Well I will never again trust this dealership. I took my car for a $34.95 oil change, just a regular service. Well the service manager said they did their usual all points check and found my windsheild wipers totally torn and he said they would not be usable, I told him I didn t seem to have any issue. That is when he told me didn t I think I needed to see when I drove my baby around. That scared me enough that I agreed to the new wiper blades. Even though he never told me the cost. When I went to pick up my car, I was given a bill for over $110. The explanation given was the cost of the wiper installation which was $56 alone. When the manger was question he blatently lied and said he had advised me of the cost. I am sure I was never advised, my family does not have the free cash for that big of an expense.