Penske Audi West Covina

(3.1) 9 Reviews

2016 E Garvey Ave S, West Covina, CA 91791

Bad overall experience

by from Milwaukee. |

I was interested in a specific vehicle so I emailed the dealership. Over the course of 1 week only 1 person emailed me back and didn't answer any of the questions I asked about the vehicle. They then asked if I was interested in a different vehicle which I was not. Poor overall experience.

Great Buy

by from Glendale, CA |

Great experience went in looking to just test drive, enjoyed it so much I ended up buying a new 2014 Audi A4 S-line. Made an appointment earlier in the week, came in met with sales (Luis) who was friendly and knowledgeable. We looked at several different options of the same model and ended up on a great price / deal for an A4.

Best SoCal Dealership, Hands Down

by from Claremont, CA |

Penske Audi, and Nathan Buttry in particular, go above and beyond in every aspect through the car buying process. Their business model is the way all dealerships should be - getting people into the car they love as easy and painless as possible. Nathan's patience and ability to find solutions is unparalleled. I have already recommended Penske to my company, and friends - and they will have my business time and again!

Best auto purchase I've ever made

by from Austin, TX |

Buying a 2013 RS 5 from Penske Audi in West Covina was actually a pleasant experience. This is an incredibly rare model...in very high demand, but Penske Audi was still willing to work with me and my crazy requests (even when Audi itself wasn't). I live in Texas, but I'm moving to Oregon in a few weeks. I wanted to send them $5,000 as a deposit to hold the car for me until the sale of my condo in Texas was final. Then I could afford to give them more cash without selling any shares of Apple while their stock price is artificially low. Then I asked that they hold the car for a few weeks while I finish up some photography work before flying to Oregon. Finally, I wanted them to ship the car to my new address in Oregon. They worked hard to make it all happen! Luckily, my condo closed quickly, and I had the proceeds in my account that same day...because I don't think they were willing to hold the car much longer. They put my RS 5 in a squeaky-clean, underground garage, and they're going ship it to me in a few weeks inside of an enclosed container. Another dealer in the Los Angeles area had two RS 5s, but they were demanding $5,000 over the sticker price. No thank you. To add icing on the cake, they didn't pressure me into buying a ton of wacky upsells like every other dealer I've encountered. Yes, they recommended I get the clear bra to prevent chips in the paint, and I did. I turned everything else down, and the guy in financing was perfectly fine with it. Usually, you get some hustler who shuffles papers around and plays mind games with you until you agree to a bunch of useless, expensive add-ons. This didn't happen with Greg at Penske. Furthermore, the add-ons I declined weren't useless. I just couldn't bare to see the monthly payment go any higher. I've seen all the terrible reviews for this place, and I'm sure the owner of Penske Audi has as well. There must be some new people working there. Obviously, I can't speak for their service department since I'm having the car shipped to a different state. Thank you, Luis, Estevan, and Greg. I can't wait to drive this bad boy!

Best Audi Dealership in socal

by from Laguna Beach, CA |

I was looking for a new Audi to replace my A4 2T (2005), agreat car whose time to retire had come. I talked with or visited 6 or 7 dealerships, checking out inventory both new and preowned. Honestly, this was the only dealership where I was given the time of day. I arrived without an appointment; was allowed, even encouraged, to test drive three different models; had great conversations with Gene Miu about each vehicle; received a very fair offer on my trade-in; and was respectfully walked through each stage of the buying process. The sales manager, Chris Dunham, is a knowledgable and espcially thoughtful individual; and the finance department, friendly and hugely competent. I ended up buying another A4; and the whole process was actually a pleasure. These are great people to work with-- engaged, forthcoming, and full of integrity.

Ok experience

by from San Bernardino |

Good thing was there was no high pressure sales tactics. Overall experience was good. My main complaint was the time it took to buy the car. Took about 4 hours. Finance manager was kind of annoying. Had to correct two mistakes on the paperwork, and it took even longer. But overall, the experience wasn't so bad.

Scam!

by from San Dimas |

Went in for a used 2010 Toyota Prius V that we saw on cars.com. It turned out the car was only a basic Prius II. After confronted them about it, they said the V only means it's a 5-door vehicle. So basically they falsely advertised the car and trying to sell the basic model for more money. If we were not careful enough, then we would be a victim of the scam. Must avoid this dealership!

Unprofessional and incompetent employee

by from Los Angeles, CA |

If you are planning on purchasing a vehicle and sending request through the Internet, I suggest you don't waste your time with Penske Audi West Covina. One of the employees of the dealership continually addressed me by the wrong name even after I replied twice informing the employee of my correct name. I went to another dealership to purchase my car and I informed the employee at Penske Audi West Covina that I had already found a car. Either the employee doesn't know how to read or blatantly ignores them, but this person continues to send me emails and still addresses me by the wrong name. I let the manager know about this employee but a couple days later, I get another email from the employee. So, unless you want to get stalked by an incompetent and unprofessional person, I'd suggest you go to a different dealership.

Penske Audi West Covina responded to this review

February 1, 2012

Please accept my apologies for the quality of interaction you experienced with Penske Audi. If you would be so kind to provide me with your contact information, I will remove it from our database to ensure that future communication is halted. You can reach me directly by phone at 626.384.3402 or by email to jwest@socalpenske.com Thank you in advance, Jeff West, General Manager

Salesperson inexperience & lack of responsiveness

by from Orange County, CA |

Selesperson did not have the experience and communication was a weakness. In addition to poor costumer service and follow up when asking for information.