C. Wimberley Chevrolet

57333 M 51 S, Dowagiac, MI 49047

New 888-817-2588
Used 888-576-6276
Service 888-822-1580

North or South There's no better deal!

Above and Beyond

by from South Bend |

I was looking for a preowned Audi AWD. They did not have it but found one for me in NY and arranged to buy it for me. I did not have an offer from any dealer like that before this transaction.

2012 Enclave Service - 101014

by from Buchanan, MI |

This is a 2nd to none dealer ship in all phases of Car purchasing or servicing. These folks take care of their customers and treat them above and beyond. I have had nothing but positive experiences every time anyone in my family has purchased a vehicle or gotten them service. Thanks C. Wimberley and the entire team for your customer service and making every visit enjoyable.

Escape Hybrid

by from Omaha Ne |

Sent an Email about the Escape Hybrid, was not contacted, had to call dealer.

Not the experience I was hoping for

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

My husband and I purchased a 2009 Jeep Commander from C. Wimberley Chevrolet Ford in Dowagiac, MI January 5th, 2013. At first I was overall pleased with the experience; very kind sales people who seemed transparent about both the vehicle and their business dealings. However, after having the vehicle for no more than one week, we experienced something very frightening with the car and didn't feel like the dealership handled the incident very professionally. We were driving at approximately 25 mph approaching an on-ramp to the highway, and the front wheel broke free from the vehicle and went underneath the car. The mechanic who later fixed the car said that the ball joint broke, and the wheel tore free. It did quite a bit of damage to the vehicle, but fortunately my husband and I were not hurt. This certainly would have been a much different story had this happened on the highway. The following Monday morning we contacted the salesman who sold us the car, Brett Reeves, and told him what happened. He was very apologetic and put us in touch with Chuck Jr. of C. Wimberley Chevrolet Ford who also was very apologetic and assured us that this was a fluke and should not reflect on them as a dealership. He wanted to "make this right" and offered to have the vehicle towed back to the dealership (about 90 miles away from us) and have it fixed there, then towed back to us. A generous offer, for sure. However, I was not confident in their repair abilities after having purchased a vehicle with a problem that they failed to identify earlier OR disclose to us upon purchase. After talking to Chuck Jr, he stated that there was a "clunk" recorded in the notes of the vehicle, but their mechanic wasn't able to find anything wrong with it. So it was just brushed under the rug, so to speak. After telling Chuck Jr that I wasn't interested in having the vehicle repaired at their facility, he then offered to buy the vehicle back from us. Also, a generous offer. However, we have been looking for this exact vehicle for over a year; one with lesser miles, all options, exterior and interior color, etc. The Commander met all of the criteria, and we weren't interested in starting the search all over again. We chose to go through our insurance and have the car fixed locally. Once given the quote from the insurance adjuster as to the cost of repairs, which was $1800.00, we let Chuck Jr know. He then proceeded to tell me that number was "absurd and astronomical", that there was no way it should cost that much to make the repairs. At this point, we were not asking for him to make the repairs himself, just letting him know everything that was damaged and the cost to repair each component. We asked Chuck Jr to only be compensated with a rental vehicle in the meantime, which ended up being 10 days total. That was when correspondence on the dealership's end stopped. After calling multiple times and leaving three messages (two from myself and one from my husband), we figured out that C. Wimberely Chevrolet Ford was no longer interested in helping to "make this right" and just chose to ignore what was going on. I am extremely disappointed with my experience with this dealership. It comes down to ALL TALK, NO ACTION. I went to a dealership to buy a vehicle was was safe and reliable rather than buying through a private seller. I instead got to experience a very frightening mechanical failure and had the dealership turn its back on us when things subsequently did not go their way. I wish I could recommend C. Wimberley Chevrolet Ford of Dowagiac, MI to my friends and family, but I can't. This experience has made me second guess my trust in dealerships altogether, and I cannot in good faith send others here after going through what we did.

new car

by from dowagiac,mi. |

great dealership treat like anomal person .always goes out of the way. gets the car i always need.