Preferred Auto - Illinois Road

Used 888-751-4386

Your Preferred Dealer!

Purchased a 2011 Toyota Highlander

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I recently purchased a 2011 Highlander from Dave Waldren at Preferred Auto on Illinois Road. This was the best experience that I have had with purchasing a car. The entire team was helpful and friendly and feel that they are genuine. Not trying to up sell and do not play games. I wanted to get a price, make a decision and take a car home and was able to do that without 10 trips to "ask the manager". We quickly put the deal together and was on my way. I am confident that Preferred will address any future needs that I may have and I will recommend them to my family and friends!

June 6, 2014

Thanks for your business and the awesome review Jennifer! Hopefully you have been taking advantage of the free car washes for your Highlander, stop in and say hi anytime!

A little disappointed

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I found a car online that I wanted to contact Preferred about. I submitted an inquiry with a note asking that I be contacted via email and not by phone, this was due to the fact that I was unavailable to reach via phone during their business hours that week due to my work schedule. However, I received three phone calls (none of which I was able to respond to due to the aforementioned circumstances) and no emails at all. The last voicemail I received told me (somewhat pressingly) to call them back so they could take me off the calling list (which makes no sense), something I was unable to do that week. This is not an angry review, it is just a review to let Preferred Auto know about this situation in hopes that they can remedy it for customers in the future. It is a basic business principle; if a customer wants you to email them, don't call them multiple times instead (and never send a single email) and then tell them they NEED to call you back so you can stop calling them...perhaps it wasn't meant this way at all, but it comes across as desperate and unprofessional. Some people can only use certain forms of communication at a given time. Perhaps this is a small issue, but it did prevent me from coming to look at a vehicle I was quite interested in and pushed me to buy from another dealer with a similar vehicle instead out of principle. Customer service is paramount to me in the buying process and if a dealer cannot do the small things properly, I don't trust them to do the more important things (everything included in the car buying process) properly. All in all, it sent the impression that this dealer did not care about me as a customer as much as they cared about just getting a sale.

TOP NOTCH AUTO DEALERSHIP

by from Fort Wayne, Indiana |

I am a repeat customer with Preferred auto, but the first time buying from the Illinois Rd. store in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I had the best customer service from the moment I got out of my car. Someone greeted me and lead me to the person I had an appointment with. Dave Walden was the greatest. he truly listened to my needs in a monthly payment, worked for me and I was able to drive off that night in my Nissan Rouge. I elected to stay with Preferred because of their great customer service, knowledgeable sales staff and the quality cars they sell. The facilities are the best, well cared for and they seem to have the customer's comfort in mind while they are waiting. if you are looking to buy I recommend you stop by Preferred auto, Illinois Rd. store or shop online. Make sure you Ask for Dave!

August 15, 2015

Thank you Judith for the opportunity to help you out and for the kind words!! I hope this reply finds you enjoying your 2010 Nissan Rouge and you continue to enjoy it for a long time! Remember to send in those referrals! Have a great day!!

Love the 2012 Dodge Durango!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

My husband and I just bought a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew from Preferred Auto. We were extremely pleased with our experience with this dealership. We especially want to thank Seth Hanson for all his help. We originally went to Preferred Auto a few weeks ago to test drive and research different models. Seth was great with answering our questions and giving us the time we needed. We weren't in a position to buy that day, and we did not feel pressured at all. Our great experience and the quality of the Durango they had lead us back to Preferred for a serious second look at the car and we wanted to do business with Seth. The process was smooth and we felt we got a great car for a very good price. My husband and I both would recommend going to Preferred Auto on Illinois for a used car, and definitely ask for Seth Hanson.

Great service center!

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Hard-working. Honest. Family oriented. Customer-driven. Quality work.

2013 jeep jk

by from Sturgis michigan |

"Super Dave" was great! Thank you very much for this awesome experience!:)

Excellent Van was better than the pic

by from Providence, Ky |

I was very happy with the salesman David he was very honest and the vehicle was better than what I had imagined there was no way I was going home without it. We drove over 400 miles to look at this vehicle and it was well worth the drive. Very satisfied and if I ever need another vehicle I will sure check with them again. Thanks again David we are very pleased.:

August 11, 2015

Good morning Stacy Thank you for the kind words. And thank you for your business! David Waldren

2000 Trans Am WS6

by from Chicago, IL |

Bought a 2000 Trans Am WS6 with a few mods from them just over a year ago. It is the only used car my family has ever bought that we did not get screwed on. It is low mileage, perfect condition, we got it for an unbelievably good price. Everyone was kind to us. It was a little long to finish up financing, hence the four stars, but by God any time someone is looking for a used car, I always check the Illinois Road location inventory before anywhere else. I would recommend them 1,000 times over. Good cars, not beat up, good facilities, good service. By far the only great experience I've ever had.

Honest Service

by from Fort Wayne |

Jim and Brian are very knowledgeable about service and parts and only recommend repairs that are truly needed. I not only have the 13 vehicles that I manage at work serviced and repaired at Preferred I also trust them with my own car and truck.

June 7, 2014

Thanks for the Review and for your business in the Service Dept!

Poor customer relationship

by from Fort Wayne |

Terrible customer service, went in store to meet my internet contacts partner. He was busy, and I just wanted to know a price on a car. Went to counter to ask the guy sitting there about a price on a Pilot. He said "I have no clue." I turned around to walk out, and my daughter later said he made a funny face at me. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN! Then the orginal contact called and attempted to apologize saying that guys just goofy. REALLY?!

June 8, 2014

Thanks for your review and I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes we were busy but were about 2-Min away from having someone free to help you with your search for a Honda Pilot. The guy behind the counter was not in the sales dept and wouldn't have known any pricing. After speaking with those behind the counter we are positive that your daughter misinterpreted what was going on. There is no way any of our staff would make a funny face or anything along those lines towards a customer. Hope you found the perfect SUV and thanks for visiting!

Awesome

by from fort wayne, in |

Jim, Brian and staff are awesome! We take all of our cars to Preferred. We don't go anywhere else. We totally trust they won't 'up sell' to us and therefore we continue to return for needed repairs and maintenance. When they tell you it can wait, we know what to expect down the road and value their honesty.

June 7, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience!