Brown Motors

(2.8) 5 Reviews

399 federal street, Greenfield, MA 01301

Used 413-772-2111 Used 413-772-2111

If you have other options, don't go here.

by from Greenfield, MA |

Read this whole review before you make the same mistake I did. I took time off from work and set up a 3pm appointment for a basic oil change. Arriving at 3 they took my truck in and exactly 1.5 hours later I went to the front desk to ask why it took that long for an oil change. I was informed that they hadn't even looked at my truck yet. 1.5hours later and not once did these jerks even bother to mention that this oil change might take over 2 hours. As I was in the office waiting for my keys, I overheard a woman say to an older guy (I assume the manager)..."so you my truck failed the inspection, not because of anything wrong with the truck, but because your computer is not working correctly, am I right?"...the old guy replies "Umm, uhh, well essentially yes. But it's out of my hands now". So basically, this service department is a joke and if you value your time, be aware that they don't. The dealership is the same way. Customer service is most definitely not a priority here. I will never buy or have a vehicle serviced here. You shouldn't either.

recently purchased minivan

by from West Springfield, MA |

We were very apprehensive about buying from Brown Motors based on posted reviews. They treated us fair. We went slow always looking over our shoulders. We explained our concerns about posted reviews. Carl Swanson (our sales person) explained they hired a new sales manager and things were different now. I /we agree based on how we were treated. Our 2012 Town and Country has been good to us so far. I would purchase from Brown Motors again. Purchased 12/2013

Not again

by from Turners Falls, MA |

We recently went to Brown Motors in Greenfield to purchase a used minivan. We purchased from Brown in 2004 and had such a pleasant, honest experience we didn't think twice when we were in the market for a used vehicle again. Unfortunately, this time around was not so pleasant or honest. When my husband noticed a couple of things of concern with the minivan we test drove, the sales manager told us he "forgot to mention that". Overall, we liked the van and it was in pretty good condition. We decided to purchase it but continued to have a bad experience with the sales manager. He was downright rude to us and even raised his voice at us in the showroom when we asked to have a certain stipulation that we agreed upon added to the purchase & sales agreement! The sales manager was very unprofessional and sneaky. We have had the van for just over a month and it is going into the shop for the 3rd time next week! I am sad to say that this time around my husband and I are very unhappy with the lack of customer service and the way that Brown treats their customers. I do not recommend purchasing from them unless they get a new, trustworthy sales manager.

Refreshing!

by from Greenfield, MA |

When I went to Brown I was pleasantly surprised by the low key and straight forward sales approach. Pricing was up front and reasonable and the process was smooth and easy. I will definitely recomend Brown in the future!

worst deal ever

by from greenfield ma |

Some friends and family told me not to go to Browns because they are a rip off. But I did anyways. I bought a used Wrangler with less then a hundred thousand miles on it. I looked it over a bit and took it for a test drive. The rust was a bit more then I wanted, but oh well. Can undercoat in the great land of New Hampshire. I put less then three thousand miles on it and it needs the following ;brakes all around, CD player, power steering pump, CV joints, radiator, and some suspension work. Also way more rust then I thought once I lifted it off the ground. Pretty much they sold me junk with a smile on their face. I will never go back and will strongly advise others not to go. What gets me the most is I payed almost full Blue Book price and the thing is a piece. The way things are breaking I'll probably have to replace the trans and engine in the next three thousand miles.