Delaware Public Auto Auction

Delaware Public Auto Auction

2323 N. Dupont Hwy, New Castle, DE 19720

Used 888-515-6178

Up to 65% Off Retail Pricing

Not bad for an auction... friendly service

by from Wlimington, DE |

I brought a car from here a few years ago and it ran great for a little ford. the only problem was no AC which i was able to fix pretty easily. I kept it for about 3 years before buying a new one and am currently thinking about going back for a used car this year. Given lack of issues i had with the car i rec'd from Dpaa last time i feel confident. Its an auction so taking your mechanic with you is the key. shop smart!!!

September 10, 2013

Keisa, thanks so much for your kind words, we do our best to encourage all customers to bring in a mechanic or someone that knows a little about cars to help them inspect them prior to purchase so good job taking advantage of that. Please keep us in mind for your next used car purchase and if you have any questions please feel free to call us.

Don't ever buy a car from these fools

by from wilm.de |

I don't even know we're to start I really need my head examine back in dec.of 13 I brought a 2000 acura rl everything was ok when I went back to pay for my veh.i came back out and pulled off I'm going down rt.13 and the check engine light came on so the next morning I called and was basically told tough sh-t ok I put close to 2500.00 in repairs unfortunately that car was in a accident well I went back and got screwed and on a 2000 mazda 626 check engine light please don't deal with people like this they are criminals I wouldn't even look at those clowns

August 19, 2014

Kernell, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. My name is Brandon and as the Manager of the auction I deal with every issue about the cars or the auction personally, and never do I say "touch luck", "you're on your own", or "not my problem". My # 1 goal is and as always been to do my best to assist each customer with any issues they may have with the auction or their car. We spoke directly yesterday about the issues you were having/had with your car and before we got to the part about how I can help you you stormed away, and I guess decided to leave this review. As an auction we don't own these cars and because we don't own them they are sold AS-IS. It is the customer's job to inspect the car prior to buying it and than deciding if it's the one for them before bidding on it. These cars come from all over and while we do our best to check each car out before putting them up for sale but it's hard to determine how each car will be once purchased. I am sorry that you have had issues in the past and seem to be having problems with your current car (even though) you drove it here yesterday. I am still willing to help if I can; so give me a call at the office if you would like it.

Truth or Dare

by from Pottsgrove, PA |

I purchased a car there about a month ago. I misunderstood the auctioneer stating 73,000 miles not 173,000. A bit loud in there, so really pay attention and ask again even though it is a bother to them. Also when I was looking at the cars still, they told me to exit the car its going to be auctioned and it clearly was not even close in line. Cute little car I bought... looked good...thats it. Needs so much repair,,,motor mounts, sensors, tires. Not worth it. And yet they told me it was the deal of the day. Single mom with 2 teens driving...Very upsetting. Selling the car to someone who has the opportunity to fix for a lot less. But still now my search goes on. I do however would tell anyone to bring a mechanic knowing person. That would be the deal.

June 17, 2014

Wineshellar thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about our auction. You are correct, it does get a little loud in the auction lane with the auction going on, people talking, people bidding, and car running, and it's very important that all customers pay attention while bidding. The auctioneer will never say the miles on the cars because of this very reason and it is up to the customer to verify all that information prior to bidding on a car. You are also correct that someone coming to buy from a auction should indeed bring a mechanic to help them look over the cars before bidding. The cars we offer are used and on consignment and having someone help you look over it is the smart thing to do. We offer 2 hours for inspection of all cars so when customers are looking at cars while the auction is going on we let them know to step out for safety reasons. We also give the customers one final look over of the car while it sits in the auction lane being auctioned off. Used cars often need at little tlc so no matter where you purchase it from expect to do some work to it. I'm sorry you're experience buying from a car auction wasn't all you expected it to be and my hope is that you give us another try in the future.

Think "Twice" and get a Car-fax "First"

by from Roosevelt Long Island NY |

This place needs a a lesson or two on how to deal with new customers after driving over an hour 1/2 to see vehicle was greeted very poorly .. A very bad habit of passing the buck so one doesn't look bad. Very good at "Lying" to you in your Face! More than obvious the Vehicle had some major issues, was told they know nothing about the condition of the vehicle they just wash and sale as is and have the nerve to want to charge you $25 for a Carfax after you put a down payment on vehicle! ! Wow, really? Bad business people bad business!

June 13, 2014

Often times customers are used to purchasing from new/used car dealerships where they 'own' the cars on their lot, and forget that we are a car auction. Being a car auction means that we do not own these cars and because we don't own them it is our jobs to encourage the customers to come in and preview the cars for themselves rather then give our own personal opinions out to the customers, which in most times is different then the customers. Sometimes this doesn't sit well with the customer because they are calling from a ways away and we understand that but through trial and error over the years we have found that it what works best for our business. We also do not offer carfax reports because we do not own the cars, we offer a incentive to get one but it has nothing to do with you putting a deposit on the car first. My hope is always that people realize they are buying from a 'Car Auction' and things are much different, that doesn't excuse the poor customer service you feel you received so I will use your feedback as training material so that we can continue to improve in this area.

1998 jp grand cherokee limited .9L

by from Hampton,NH |

I asked for exterior,interior ad engine compartment pics and also to see the carfax. I live in NH.Before I make a time consuming and expensive trip I want to make sure it is he right vehicle.I am still waiting for the items I requested!!!!!! Ron

April 21, 2014

Ron, Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for us. We pride our selves on making sure that all of the vehicles are clean and pictured up with in 2 days of hitting our inventory. I am not sure what day you called and asked for extra pictures but my system is showing that we have had pictures on the car in question (1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee stk #15677 since 4/8/2014). I apologize if you spoke to someone here and they promised more pictures and didn't get them but I wished you would have given us a follow up call instead of a bad review for it.

Nell 2014

by from Laurel, MD |

I brought a car from Delaware Public Auto Auction was told by the guy that works there my car would be repaired by they're shop within a whole week and a half for someone to look at it. I called on the day the guy told me someone would look at it and they receptionist told me the guy who informed of the repair wasn't authorized to fix it. She said they weren't going to repair it even though I completed a work order. No was even rude. Although Delaware has 3 day lemon law they refused to give me my money. I wouldn't trust them all they want is your money. They will lie. The isn't safe to drive.

April 21, 2014

Nell, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. As a auction we don't own these cars, and encourage all customers to inspect them in full prior to bidding on them in the auction lane. During our discussion you explained that you had not looked at this car and bid on it as soon as you arrived to our auction. If or when a customer has an issue with a car prior to it leaving our lot we were attempt to check out the issue as a courtesy, but we do not FIX them for free.As I remember it, you were having issues with the seat on your car, and it was explained to you that your car wouldn't be looked at for several days because of the weather. The second part to this is that your threatened to contact your lawyer because you were upset with the seat. If a customer wants to go that route there's no point in continuing to assist them until the legal process has been resolved. We never discussed returning your money and realistically there was no point to return your money over a broken seat. And if my memory serves me right your purchased a few cars from us in the past and never had any issues. My hope is that you understand the auction process and we are given another chance to win your business.

Angel Bailey

by from New Castle Delaware 19720 |

I had a very pleasant experience today. Would absolutely recommend to friend.

March 7, 2014

Angel, thank you for choosing us for your used cars buying needs. I am very pleased that you had a great experience and happy to hear that you will be telling your family and friends about us.

bmw 2000

by from delaware |

I buy a bmw in this dealer I drive froom Lebanon pa to Delaware almos 2 hour I buy the car and the car broke in the middle of Delaware no cluch the car was over heating oil leek a lot of staff that edwar didn't tell me me abou it he trick me whith this car they sell a lot of junk cars there please veaadvice

February 27, 2014

Martin, I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your car. Are you the customer that came in during the auction (after our 2 hours inspection) and demanded that we sale you a car before it went through the auction lane? Are you the customer that we broke our procedure to accommodate you because you absolutely had to have it? Martin, while your sitution is not good we did all we could do to assist you when you came in, the cars are sold as-is and we always encourage our buyers to inspect the cars before they purchase one. I would love to help you with this problem so feel free to give us a call so we can work it out.

Bought a Car!!!

by from Wilmington, DE |

Everybody that helped me out was very friendly and professional. I appreciate all the help from the staff that made purchasing my vehicle easier. I reccomend buying your next automobile here!

February 27, 2014

T. Allen, Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. it was out pleasure to assist you and hope that we are you go to place the next time you are in the market for a car.

Bought a Car!!!

by from Wilmington, DE |

Everybody that helped me out was very friendly and professional.

February 27, 2014

J. Gibbs, We appreciate you taking time out of your day to leave us some positive feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with our auction and it is my hope that you come to us again for all your used car buying needs.

great service

by from Chesterton, md |

I had a great expetience here at delaware auto auction, this was my first time here. it was fast and the employees were awesome. I will be sure to refer friends and family to this facility.

February 27, 2014

Tamira, Thank you for your positive review. I am glad that you had a great experience here at our auction and yes please let your friends know we can help them too!!