Swope Toyota

1104 N Dixie Hwy, Elizabethtown, KY 42701

Used 270-300-3781

My last service there was a disappointment

by from Elizabethtown, KY |

How you like some one threw your driver side's floor mat to the passenger's side..upside-down and twisted? And you have to find this out after your service is completed and paid for, that is also when you are ready to drive your car away outside the service center. Then you also find this rude note tells you that basically your floor mat is not a good one (hint: shop mats from them??). I mean, how many times I have my car serviced by Swope Toyota in Etown with the same set of mats? Why this time; why not the first time I had my service there? What part of the "service" is this??? I spent more money there and thought would receive a better service there for my car. But I'm now pretty disappointed, by their attitude.

January 28, 2015

Pala, thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve your customer service experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our service department and are happy we have been able to keep you safe and on the road. Swope Toyota and Toyota Motor Corporation are dedicated to continuously improving safety standards. Recently, Toyota Motor Corporation, along with current insurance policies, has mandated that anything other than factory approved mats with factory hold downs be moved and the pamphlet be put in place. We apologize for any inconvenience following this new procedure has caused. Thanks again for allowing us to service your vehicle, and for trusting us with your safety. We value your comments and thoughts. Thank you for sharing!

AWESOME Deal, dealership and staff!!!!!!!

by from Louisville |

Looked on line found 2014.5 Camry I wanted at a price lower than other dealers which were 75 miles closer to me. Bought as a gift and surprise for my son and family. Called they had the car with a big red bow on it sitting outside showroom doors, I must admit it is the first time I have bought a vehicle and never turned on the ignition or drove it or had to haggle on a price. What a great experience....Jeremy (such a nice young man and a cutie as well)!!! Mary in business office was very quick on correcting a difference in pricing for me to my satisfaction. Beautiful dealership and facilities. My son and daughter n law was VERY happy, my grandsons were happy, I was happy, Jeremy was happy, Mary was happy, heck it was one big happy family and day!!!! I plan on buying a Rav4 in next couple months and I am sure they will be able to make me happy again. Reviews are very important....so do your homework before you go anywhere else. There is a Toyota dealership in Louisville on Shelbyville Rd that you want to stay away from (won't even mention their name)!!!!!! THANKS SWOPE TOYOTA on Dixie in Etown....I drove a little further but got a lot more :)

January 28, 2015

Wow, Linda Z, thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you traveling to Swope Toyota in Elizabethtown when you had an opportunity to shop closer to home. Your son and his family are very fortunate to have been given such a gracious gift, and Swope Toyota is pleased you chose us to be a part of such a great day in the life of your family. We are glad that Jeremy and Mary were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to getting to know your family through the years, and appreciate that your experience will give us the opportunity to assist you again in the future. Thank you for trusting Swope Toyota to help you GO PLACES!

Absolutely Insulted

by from Radcliff, KY |

My husband and I went to look at two vehicles I found on their site. After we were told that both vehicles were out on loans, one gentleman tried to get me into a same year model with 96k miles (the other 2 vehicles were same year, less than 50k miles). We had the same gentleman look over my car to see what we could get on a trade. We were offered a rather low insulting figure. After my husband spoke with this gentleman, my husband discovered that the incorrect miles were used (they used 94k, my car has 73k) and not all of the options my car has was inputted into their system - they basically put my car at it's base model. We were absolutely insulted and walked out.

May 6, 2014

Hello Heather, my name is Brian Tucker and I am the Internet Director at Swope Toyota. I have spoken with the Vice President/General Manager of Swope Toyota; she would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact me directly at 270-737-2181 ext 215. I can set a time for you to meet with her and discuss your concerns about the mileage and options on your Mazda.

Pleasant buying experience

by from Batesville, IN |

The dealer had a nice certified Toyota Sienna advertised at a good price. Since we were about 2 1/2 hours drive from there, I wanted to work out most of the details of the deal and trade ahead of time so I knew what we were getting into. After some intial confusion on the value of the trade-in, the matter was quickly taken care of and we were able to purchase the vehicle. The salesman, and all of the staff there very very nice people to deal with. I would definitely recommend looking into this dealer if you are in the market for a new or used vehicle.

May 6, 2014

We are very happy to hear that we have gained you as a repeat customer! We strive to keep all our customers happy because we believe that is the R.I.T.E. way to do business. Respect, Integrity, Trust and Enthusiasm!

Swope Toyota, Elizabethtown, ky

by from Elizabethown, Ky |

Stopped to look at a car and discussed trading in my vehicle. We did not even get close to a price that was acceptable, which is ok, but the salesman and lady who discussed my offer were somewhat rude and pompous. My family has bought 3 vehicles there in last 4 years which totaled around $50,000 I have spent there, but we will be taking our buisness elsewhere. I am totally fine with them not negotiating to my price, but there attitude was not acceptable.

March 21, 2014

Hello my name is Brian Tucker, and I am the Internet Director at Swope Toyota. I received your review from cars.com and am very sorry that you had a bad experience. We try very hard to exceed customer expectations and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. I have spoken with the Vice President/General Manager of Swope Toyota, and she would like to personally review your trade information and values. Because cars.com protects customer's privacy, we are not provided names of those leaving a review. Please contact me directly at 270-737-2181 ext 215 so that I can set a convenient time for you to meet. I look forward to speaking with you and resolving your concerns.

Service

by from Indianapolis, In |

Outstanding customer service by all. I was on my way to Florida and passing thru KY when I noticed my transmission gauge was running hot. I arrived prior to the service area opening and waited for them to open. Upon opening they figured out the problem right away and I was back on the road in less than 45 minutes. Amazing customer service, they were courteous and well qualified experts in their respective field.

February 23, 2014

Billy, I am glad you arrived safely in Florida and didn't have any other issues. I will pass along your 5 star review to our Service Department. Thanks again! Your Friends at Swope Toyota

New convert

by from Bardstown, KY |

I purchased a 2012 Impala recently. This was the best car buying experience I've ever had. No pressure and no dishonest salespeople. Even though we were buying a used car from another manufacturer, we were, nevertheless, treated no differently than if we were buying the most expensive Toyota on the lot. Tracy, Keith, Mary, and Becky were all a pleasure to deal with. Herman Smith was our salesperson and he was the best. Very professional. We will be back.

Purchased Used Tacoma

by from Chattanooga TN |

I found my 2005 Tacoma online using Car Gurus. The Tacoma was part of the inventory at Swope Toyota dealership. The ad online was awesome, because Swope must have a photo showroom that is used especially for the online vehicles. The pictures in the ad were amazing and very high quality. Swope Toyota is not a local dealership for me. I actually drove over 4 hours to look at a used Tacoma that the dealership had in its inventory. So the high quality pictures were very helpful to me in knowing the condition of the truck before I drove the long distance to the dealership. When we arrived, the staff at Swope were very helpful and polite! Chuck McIntyre let me test drive the truck that I was interested in. Chuck was super nice, and he was very knowledgable about Tacomas in general. Once I decided I wanted to buy the truck, the buying process was wonderful. The financial team at Swope was very nice, and the process was very efficient. There were no hidden fees, and I was driving the truck in less than half an hour. I would definitely recommend the team at Swope Toyota for purchasing a used Toyota vehicle!

FJ Cruiser Purchase

by from Louisa, Virginia |

I recently purchased a used Toyota FJ Cruiser from Swope Toyota through Beck Matthews. I live almost 500 miles away & was reluctant to purchase a vehicle long-distance & over the internet. The vehicle was everything I had hoped & more. This was by far the smoothest vehicle purchase I've ever made & I highly recommend Becky to anyone. She was honest & up front and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I felt like she went out of her way to save me money on my vehicle delivery & she has maintained contact even after the purchase to make sure I'm happy. A+ rating in my book.

Becky Matthews and Herman Smith

by from Crestwood, KY |

Becky was terrific to deal with on the email process of negotiating a price and locating the vehicle I wanted. Herman was easy to deal with and very friendly and helpful. Great car buying experience. I highly recommend this dealership.