Imported Motor Cars

Imported Motor Cars

353 Us Route 1, Freeport, ME 04032

Used 866-393-3032

Home of Maine's Largest Selection of Pre-Owned MINI Coopers!

Friendly Knowledgable and Very Fun Car

by from Portland, ME |

Mark is extremely knowledgeable about the Mini and is the best car dealer I've dealt with. He worked with me without hassling and he wasn't pushy. The Mini is an absolute joy to drive. It has great power at a low weight. The handling is extremely crisp. I've driven in snow, rain and dry and been very confident. The dynamic stability control is magic. Ride is firm with the factory tires. I'm getting 35 MPG in mixed highway and city driving. Very happy with my purchase.

Great car, terrific service!!!

by from Camden Me |

Purchased my Clubman Mini Cooper this past July and am loving it!!!! It is beautiful, rides like dream gets great gas mileage and lots of complementary smiles from other drivers. Mark was very helpful and patient explaining all the do's and hardly any don'ts. If you are thinking about finally getting this wonderful car, see Mark , he has the best and very reliable inventory.

Excellent Buying Experience and Great, Fun Car!

by from Falmouth, Maine |

I purchased my first Mini Cooper from Mark yesterday. I had a very fun drive to work this morning! Mark was extremely informative about Minis and helpful in choosing the right car for me. He has stringent standards for his used car inventory as is evidenced by the high quality of the used selection. I felt no pressure to buy and enjoyed the entire experience. Genuine and professional throughout the process, I would highly recommend Mark and Imported Motor Cars and would definitely purchase there again.

great service- great car

by from Portland, ME |

Mark is wonderful to work with. I bought my 2009 mini clubman- which is a delight to drive- 8 months ago. Mark took good care of me, and has consistently made himself available to address my questions; e.g., how to open the "bonnet". I highly recommend both Mark and the mini-cooper.

julie a.

by from Near Augusta, ME |

Well, I don't have the vehicle in my dooryard but I just purchased a mini 2 hours ago. Besides some buyers remorse, I was more than pleased with the communication and experience I had with Hannah and Mark. They were able to answer all my questions and were honest about the questions they couldn't answer. Just waiting now to pick up my new " blue baby" and start the mini part of my life. Thank you both....

Wonderful Experience

by from Camden, Maine |

I recently purchased from Import Motor Cars and my experience with Mark and Hannah was nothing but the best. I would definitely purchase from them again. Mark and Hannah bent over backwards to make this a great experience for me and it is much appreciated. What I really appreciated was their patience with me. I was uncertain whether I should buy a mini and they did not pressure me in any way. They allowed me to take my time and come back for several drives and inspections. Mark also had the vehicle checked over thorough at the dealership in Peabody before my purchase. I'm so happy that I bought my mini and can't imagine life without it. It would be really hard to drive somethingelse in the future because this is such a fine, quality machine. Thanks Mark and Hannah for the great experience!

Disrespectful and Condescending

by from Camden, ME |

When I found this dealer not far from my home, with a nice selection of used Minis I was thrilled. I was even more pleased when I read many of the reviews of this dealer before visiting. I only wish that this had continued to be my experience upon my actual visit and interaction with Mark. While he has a great knowledge of Minis and other vehicles, Mark is lacking in interpersonal skills. Upon arriving to close the deal on our Mini, Mark treated me with such disrespect and condescension when signing paperwork that he actually brought me to tears. Had we not spent two days brokering this deal and driven six hours, we would have walked. When called out on his abusive behavior, Mark backpedalled by using his "busy day/lack of staff" as an excuse. There is no excuse for belittling someone to tears. His demeanor was insulting and offensive and his later attempts at redemption were shallow and quite frankly, too little, too late. Mark is not the person he advertises himself to be. While we did end up bringing home the Mini (again, after too much effort to walk away) I will never do business with Mark again. I would rather drive 8 hours to Boston. If you want a stereotypical used car salesman, go to Imported Motor Cars. If you wish to be collaborated with and treated with respect, I would look elsewhere.

Imported Motor Cars responded to this review

January 4, 2013

Please accept my apologies; there are many moving parts to the purchase of a car, and I try to make every transaction a very positive one. I have made the automotive industry my career and I take all feedback, positive and negative seriously. While I do apologize for your experience with us, I truly do appreciate the feedback. Imported Motor Cars of Freeport is constantly striving for 100% customer satisfaction and will always place our customers first. We regret any situation that a customer is not 100% happy with; we will learn and grow with every different situation. Sincerely, Mark Sangillo and Imported Motor Cars of Freeport

what used car shopping should be

by from Southport Island, Maine |

I've bought many vehicles over the years, from Italian exotics to basic American cars. Bought my 1st. Mini yesterday & I do not recall a more pleasant experience than working on the deal with Mark Sangillo. He is likable, patient & honest. His manner is such that he should be used as the model for how to comport one's self in the car selling business. I would gladly buy another car from Mark & his one-of-a kind Mini used car store.

Very Impressed

by from Portland, ME |

After shopping around at other dealerships for a Mini Cooper, I stopped at Imported Motor Cars and found the perfect Mini in my price range. Mark really knows his Mini Coopers, which I think is especially important when buying used, and he seemed very selective about the Minis he chooses to sell. He answered all my questions and then some, and encouraged me to test drive it on different kinds of roads. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Great car-buying experience

by from Cape Elizabeth, ME |

Mark and Whitney were terrific. Easy to deal with, knew the inventory, no pressure, let us drive as many Minis as we wanted to, answered all our questions and did the adjustments that we asked for, plus a couple of other things that made me feel like they cared we were happy with the purchase. Which we are! Great to have a reliable Mini dealer in Maine.

Piece Of Cake

by from Augusta |

Excellent experience dealing with Mark and Vera (Whitney, too). They know what they are selling, and can answer almost any question thrown at them. Thinking about a Mini? See Mark's inventory at Imported Motor Cars of Freeport.