Autohaus of Peoria

Service 888-228-9870

The Better Way To Buy

Great Experience

by from Peoria, IL |

Purchased a nice one owner used Cadillac CTS for my wife and overall it was a pleasant experience. The car was detailed and filled up with gas when I received the keys. James the salesman did a nice job and Jamie in finance was great as well!! Professional, knowledgable, and courteous staff....a real team of professionals!

July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we are thrilled that you had a satisfactory experience at our dealership. We hope to have the chance to give you the same great service in the future. Thanks again!

Not Happy with Service Department

by from Peoria, IL Area |

Oh where to start!!! I'm a first time VW owner as of 2012 with the purchase of a new Jetta Sportwagen TDI from Autohaus. Overall I was very pleased with the sales process, the initial warranty and recall services performed by the service department and the overall professionalism shown to me as a customer. Over the past couple of years, the VW service desk at Autohaus has changed significantly to a point where I HIGHLY REGRET purchasing a VW product. I would actually avoid purchasing another VW product simply due to the way the Pearl Automotive Group manages the service department for the VW product line. I have even considered trading this vehicle just to not have to deal with Autohaus any further. For starters, it is nearly impossible to ever call the VW service desk and actually speak to anyone without calling multiple times, leaving messages on answering machines which are not returned, getting angry, eventually calling the really nice receptionist at the dealership to beg for a real human being to talk to, etc. I have formed a very strong perception Autohaus could care less about the customers of the VW product line and gives primary focus on the luxury product lines such as Audi, Mercedes, Porsche. I have also seen this behavior in person when attempting to pick up my vehicle from VW service or to get status updates in person. It appears the VW service desk is understaffed which results in customers getting frustrated when trying to get assistance since they are obviously busy. At the same time, staff at other product line service desks can be seen socializing and lacking any customers to serve. This does not sit very well with me as a customer. Moving on, do I feel the service department does good work? YES without a question. Do I feel the service requested by the customer is properly documented and communicated to the service technician in an accurate manner, NO. In one occasion, Autohaus attempted to bill me SEVERAL HUNDRED dollars for unrequested maintenance activities when I was VERY clear on the services requested when the service was scheduled and again when the vehicle was dropped off. In this situation, Autohaus did work with me to reach a mutually agreeable resolution, but the degree of mistrust towards this dealership is and will continue to be significant. To this day I still highly question if any of the additional services Autohaus claimed had been performed had actually been performed. For instance, an oil change was claimed but yet the miles to next change had not been reset to the standard interval and a Fuel filter replacement where it could be seen the filter housing did not have the typical fuel spills and cleanups performed. Once again just recently, I have had yet another unfortunate situation where quotes to repair what I would consider to be a manufacturing defect was quoted in the several thousand dollar range, whereas competing repair shops were in the several hundred dollar range with no need to replace certain high cost components. Once again, the feeling of mistrust remains strong. In closing, do I like my VW Vehicle, YES without a doubt but with a disclaimer. A vehicle is only as good as the available service to the customer and the customer?s trust in the given dealership to support the vehicle for its serviceable lifespan. For these reasons alone will I keep this vehicle for the long term? I am still undecided. Will I ever consider a future purchase of a VW product, ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!!!

June 17, 2014

Dear customer, This review is very troubling to us. Our director of fixed operations would really like the chance to speak with you to help, better understand your concerns, and get to the bottom of what happened. You are welcome to send us your email or you can contact Jim directly at jim.link@drivepearl.com Again, we are truly sorry and hope we can resolve the issue. Thank you for your time.

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE PEOPLE

by from peoria IL |

I bought a VW GTI less than a month ago and have had nothing but problems.I get the runaround from the service dept.not being able to get me in for weeks,not fixing the problem. When I spend the kind of money I did on this car I expect them to stand behind it.They are very helpful to sell the car to you but after that not so much.The 2011 I bought is still under warranty.

March 13, 2014

Dear Jerry, We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience with our service department. As I understand this is no excuse, we have been left unexpectedly short staffed. However, we are determined to sort through all of the issues that have been caused due to this. We welcome you to talk to our service manager, Jim Link, with any and all complaints or suggestions. (855) 276-9079. Please let us know if we can help you with anything further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our biggest apologies, Ms. Fyke

Worst experience ever

by from Des Moines, Iowaa |

Terrible customer service. Here is my experience. Called the dealer on Wednesday to tell them I had interest in a used Jeep they had. The salesman (Darrin) confirmed it was there and available and suggested I call him Friday around close of business to ensure the vehicle was still there before I left Saturday morning (I live in Iowa so this is a 4+ hour drive for me). We exchanged information and moved on. Called on Friday at just before 6:00 p.m. and talked to Darrin again. He confirmed the vehicle was still available and I confirmed I would be leaving Saturday morning. (NOTE Darrin had no idea who I was or my number so I gave him my information again). Saturday morning rolls around, I leave. Upon entering Illinois I give Darrin another call to give him a heads up that I am in indeed in Illinois and would be there in an hour and a half (he AGAIN has no idea who I am and needs me to give him my phone number...that's when he tells me the owner called him "last night/early this morning" and told them to mark the vehicle as "sold" because his "buddy" would be coming in to buy it. I finish the trip to Peoria only to have Darrin show me the outside of the car (did not even unlock it for me to take a look inside) and then told me it was sold. Under no circumstance should anyone, ever, shop here, nor should Darrin be allowed to continue selling cars. To not have the decency to give a customer a phone call when you knew a vehicle was sold is unacceptable, much less when that person had to drive 4+ hours for nothing (one way, I drove back through a blizzard as well). I urge everyone who has had a similar experience to not only post about it here but on all other review websites. Warn people of how unprofessional this dealership is. Save people a trip to this dump. Thanks for wasting my time and money.

March 13, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience, please understand that this is not how we typically do business. If you would like to contact our General Sales Manager, Steve Clark, with any complaints or suggestions please call 888-482-0712. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our biggest apologies, Ms. Fyke

Great Experience

by from Missouri |

Purchased a 2012 VW Passat listed on Car.com from this dealership. The car was as just described on the web site. The Internet salesman (Jacob) was excellent and helped make the transaction smooth and answered all of my questions. The dealership was beautiful and the cars in the showrooms were absolutely amazing. The sales team had the car ready (car detailed and tank full of gas) and worked hard to make the transaction quick and seamless.

March 13, 2014

Thanks for the visiting our dealership "name of customer". I am glad to hear that your experience was good. I will be sure to share your experience with all of our employees. If there is anything that we can do to improve our service, please let us know. Thanks again and we hope to see you back again soon!

ONE GREAT SALESMAN!

by from Wahington |

I was very cautious when I went to Autohaus to purchase my new GL350, I started off with one guy who ordered my new M.B. then when it came in I had this other gentleman call me. So first I was a little nervous with what was going on but Jeremy B (sales professional) smoothed it all over. Not only did he make sure the GL was clean but he also took time out of his busy schedule to show me the features and set all my personal preferences up for me. He was polite and very respectful of my time, his superb knowledge of answering my questions direct and to the point shows why he is the best they have!! PLEASE LOOK UP JERMY B. HE WILL TAKE THE BEST CARE OF YOU AND YOUR TIME, HE KNOWS THE PRODUCT UNLIKE ANYOTHER!!

Never a Problem

by from Peoria, Illinois |

Whenever I bring my car in for maintenance I wait for it and it is done in a very short time. Never had a problem with this 2011 Jetta TDI and it runs very well. I wish I could talk my wife into buying a Golf TDI. The only problem I have with the TDI is the heated seats don't get very heated. I understand that the newer models have rectified the problem. Also, while waiting for my car I put on about 5 pounds at the Carbucks, with the very nice young ladies there offering those fresh chocolate chip cookies and all. Since being taken over from SUD's I have had no problems and all the experiences have been pleasant ones.

Dealership nor vw company cares about the consumer

by from Peoria |

After having several issues and talking with the service manager. I was told Volkswagen has an assistance program to help people who have had to pay for many repairs. Also that Volkswagen should cover all or most of the repair. After everything I get told Volkswagen is not offering to pay anything even though Tim told me they had a ton of money to give away. And I'm getting charged an extra 4 hours of labor! Thanks autohaus. As usual you you have provided me with terrible service over promising. Not calling me when the part truck didn't come in. Not getting car detailed as I asked. Don't but from pearl, and don't buy a Volkswagen. Get something that retains value better like a toyota. Or something reliable like Chevy.

Sold me a lemon, follow up with terrible service

by from Peoria, Il |

Ever since we bought our 2007 jetta it has been nothing but constant problems. Which I could get passed if I could take it to a normal mechanic. However most places refuse to work on vw, so I'm forced to take it to pearl/autohaus. They break things on my vehicle, leave grease marks, can't diagnose problems correctly and overcharge you to fix things that don't need fixed. DO NOT BUY A VOLKSWAGEN FROM PEARL. They sell unreliable vehicles and then do not stand behind them when they break every 2 months.

New car purchase

by from Mackinaw, IL |

Good experience. We bought a new Beetle and my wife loves it. She negotiated the price and felt they treated her well.

Excellent overall experience!!

by from Peoria, IL |

I bought my VW Jetta from The Autohaus in Peoria, and was so impressed by everyone and everything, that I decided to get my other vehicle serviced there. Although it was not a brand sold by the Autohaus, they took exceptional care of me. Who can beat a dealership that takes such great care of you and has a coffee shop (Carbucks), managed by a VERY friendly lady Cathy. She was always smiling and happy. They give you FREE coffee, cappacino?s, smoothies and snacks while you wait. I also dealt with a gentleman, Tim Behm, who took great care of me, as well, when it came to getting the parts needed and finishing the job. The gentlemen in the service area were incredible as well, especially when it came to dealing with my insurance company and making sure I got everything I needed fixed taken care of. I will definitely be buying my next few vehicles from The Autohaus!!

January 31, 2013

We are so happy to hear that your enjoyed your experience with all of our staff and at the Pearl Cafe. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope you feel you can contact us with any of your sales or service needs. Thank you for choosing Autohaus of Peoria.