Miller Mazda Kia

(2.0) 1 Reviews

3000 N IH 35, Waco, TX 76706

1 of 1 review

It was a great experience, until they got my money

by from Waco, TX |

I recently bought my first ever new car from Miller Mazda. The salesman I dealt with was great, and they really worked with me to make a deal. Once we settled on a cost, I felt great about the whole process, and that's where the trouble started. My inlaws loaned me the money to buy the car, so I wrote a check to the dealership. When the money was transferred from my inlaws to my account, the bank put a 2 day hold on the funds. I spoke with the finance guy at Miller and asked if I should wait until that Thursday, when the funds were released, to pick up my car. He assured me that, as long as I told them to wait, they would not cash my check until Thursday. I checked again with my salesman, and I was again assured that the check would not be cashed until Thursday. Except that they cashed it on Wednesday afternoon. So the check bounced, I received an overdraft fee on my bank account, and Miller keeps telling me that it was my bank's fault. They absolutely will not take any responsibility for the mistake; it's as though once they got my sale, they no longer cared about me. The money was made. I talked to them four different times, was assured that they would talk to the finance department and call me back, and here we are, five days later, and no one has said a word. Sure - the check went through the second time, because I had the money, but now I've got an overdraft fee for a check that I was ASSURED would not be cashed until Thursday. "Talk to your bank," is the only refrain I've gotten from Miller Mazda, "We cashed the check on Thursday." Well, Miller, I talked to the bank - the check got to them on Wednesday afternoon. That's why I was charged the fee on Wednesday afternoon. It's really too bad, because the owner of the dealership seemed genuinely nice, but I have been completely soured toward the buying experience based on the handling of this situation by his employees. Do yourself a favor - buy a car somewhere else.

(1-1 of 1 review)