Southtowne Hyundai Riverdale

Service 866-852-0776

Your Dealer For Life!

great car buying experience

by from atlanta,ga |

Came in with my niece to purchase a car for her. Sakil was so nice and worked with her. we started talking and i also ended up purchasing a 2014 Hyundai Sonata. Sakil is so professional and worked with me to get me a GREAT deal. I have purchased cars for decades and this was the easiest experience I have ever had. If you go to Southtowne ask for Sakil!!

Southtowne Hyundai Riverdale responded to this review

April 3, 2014

Thank you for opportunity to serve you. it was our pleasure in helping you get a vehicle. Feel free to contact Sakil anytime for your future automotive needs.

Service Department is a Joke

by from College Park, Georgia |

My experience with the service department at this particular dealership could not have been worse, and I will never return to this establishment. I also implore any potential customers to really think twice before patronizing this business. The overall demeanor of the service department employees here are lackadaisical and nonchalant about maintaining their word on guaranteeing the service as well as returning your car in a timely manner. My experience started by bringing my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe to this service department because all four of my windows were in operational and would neither roll up or down. After receiving a diagnostic, I was told that a harness kit had to be ordered to fix the problem, and if I purchased it right then it would be delivered and ready for installation the next day. I guess at this dealership customer service is only for customers before they receive any money because instead of calling my phone to keep me updated on the status of the part being delivered I had to continuously call two times a day for the next 3 days before it was delivered to the shop. After that I was told that my vehicle would be serviced and ready within an hour and a half of bringing it to the shop. After waiting three hours I was finally given my car back and told the problem was fixed which it was not, because less than thirty minutes after leaving the lot I was experiencing the same issue with the windows again. I proceeded to take my vehicle back to the shop which at this time was 45mins before closing time. The guys were able to return my car before they closed that day however when I got home this time I realized they somehow managed to damaged my door locks while servicing the car. I wasn?t able to lock my driver?s door (which is the same door they were working on) also my alarm would no longer come on. The next day it was open which was monday, I returned to the shop and after they looked at the door locks I was told that the original problem they fixed wasn?t related to why my doors magically stopped working and I would need to pay for the door repairs myself. After talking to the assistant manager I was told they could give me 30% off the work which of course was unacceptable. I decided to take my business elsewhere and not spend another dime at that location. I blame myself for this experience because I too read bad online reviews about SouthTown Hyundai and chose to go anyway. Don?t make the same mistake I did. Thank me later.

Great new car buying experience thanks to Lee!!!

by from Fayetteville, Ga. |

We would like to take a moment to extend some positive feedback. We purchased our new Hyundai Santa Fe on 2/10/2014, at Southtowne Hyundai, in Riverdale, GA. Our salesman was Lee Falk. We were not an easy sale, yet Lee was never pushy or impatient. We educated ourselves before we test drove, so we were aware of available products, and their worth. We shopped around to several local dealers, but stayed in touch with Lee. We were impressed when Lee answered his phone twice on his day off to answer questions for us. He was always professional, upbeat, knowledgeable and friendly. After the sale, Lee went to great lengths to explain and demonstrate all the features of our vehicle, before we drove it off the lot. He also followed up with a courtesy call a couple of days later. We also had a positive experience with Daniel, our finance person. Daniel was quick, efficient and thorough. In closing, we would like to say, we are very pleased with our experience, and we love our car. We would recommend Southtowne Hyundai to our friends. When it comes time for another vehicle, we will call Lee Falk. Gary and Lisa DeFazio

Great car buying experience!!

by from Fayetteville, Ga. |

Poor customer service

by from Riverdale, Ga |

I went to Southtowne Hundai in Riverdale Ga. I informed th salesman that my credit wasn't that good and I didn't think I would get approved he told me to come up there anyway to see I did brought him all of my information he said he would see what he could do and never got bad to me I never knew what happen until I received declined noticed fro banks. I am not mad that I wasn't approved I expected that but the lack of customer service. I felt because I didn't make him any commission I wasn't important and then the principle of their commercial says 100% of their customers approved no matter the issue or bad credit.

Southtowne Hyundai Customer Service/Value Review

by from Riverdale, GA |

I originally contacted Southtowne Hyundai to have work done on my Suzuki. I'd previously looked up the current issues with my car online, to see if I could make the repairs myself, however, I felt going to the certified dealership would be a better "trustworthy" experience. I called to make an appointment and was told their Suzuki side would be backed up for the next three days. So, I scheduled an appoint online, for three days later, and took it in that Monday. When I arrived, I told them I made an appointment in regards to the three-day wait, and they basically told me "no one really looks at the online appointment schedule," therefore, I was put into line like everyone else, as if it didn't matter. I explained to them my issue with the car, but since the check engine light was not on, they could only "recommend suggestions" for repair. I ended up paying around $400 for some of the "suggested repairs" and felt good about driving off the lot. A week later, the same issues started happening again. When I called back to explain, I was told I would be charged AGAIN for anoth diagnostic test, that would go towards the repair total. I was appalled and surprised, since I told them I was just there, and I was having the same issues, but they did not waver in telling me I would have to pay all over again for something they had no0t fixed. I ended up going online, looking at forums, asking questions and researching myself for the issues/parts needed for repair. The part was a "Transmission Range Sensor," which I bought from a CERTIFIED/OFFICIAL Suzuki dealership, for LESS than $50. It felt like I was ripped off because at the OFFICIAL Duluth dealership, the representative told me that people came in and bought that specific part at least five times a day. This lead me to believe that the Southtowne Hyundai representatives DID know what the issue was, and just decided to milk money out of me instead of suggesting the cheap part that I needed. I took it to a local mechanic and he installed it for $30. Now, just to recap: DEALERSHIP: $400 and did not solver the problem MY RESEARCH: Less than $100 and I haven't had an issue with it sense I would not recommend anyone to go here, since they do not have the best interest of the customer in mind. Do your own research and go with your gut feeling!

Southtowne Hyundai Riverdale responded to this review

September 4, 2013

Frustrated Customer, My name is Josh and I am a new customer service representative here at SouthTowne. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and certainly understand how you feel. SouthTowne Motors of Riverdale has been a family owned and operated dealer in the exact same location for 23 years. The only way we've been able to stay in business is by taking care of our valued customers... the life-blood of our business. If you ever need ANYTHING from us in the future please contact me directly and I will be 100% committed to your satisfaction. Best regards, Josh Philipson Direct: 770-302-0203 Email: Josh@SouthtowneAtlanta.com

Wonderful experience thanks to Lee!

by from Dothan, AL |

We were looking for a very specific Hyundai Veloster and after talking to what seemed like dozens of dealers and visiting a few local places I finally got a hold of Lee Falk at Southtowne Hyundai. Despite my doubts, he assured me he would find exactly what we were looking for. He definitely delivered, yesterday we drove home our Veloster Turbo with the Ultimate Package in our favorite color and the whole process couldn't have been more painless. Even my 7 year old daughter said "They have great service here!" It was very worth the drive for us to travel to Riverdale and we will gladly do it again for our next car.

Chris Edwards is amazing!

by from Peachtree City GA |

I had a wonderful experience at Southtowne! Chris Edwards was my salesperson. He did a fantastic job helping me get financing. Not only that, he made me feel like an old friend! They really stand behind their cars at Southtowne where they have excellent customer service. This is the second car I have purchased form this dealership. I would also like to put in a word for Mr. Harvy another competent and courteous salesperson. I adore my new Hyundai!

Great Service! Excellent Salesperson named Adam!!

by from Riverdale, GA |

I was thoroughly pleased with the help, patience, and overall courtesy of Young Adam the salesperson at SouthTowne. He went above and beyond what I expected and made the buying experience one that I appreciate. Everyone, including the manager, the financial officer and other salespersons were warm and outgoing. They treated me like I was important to them. The car I bought was the one I wanted. I wish everyone could have the same reception I had with the people of SouthTowne. Super Job, Adam!!

Craig Edwards Is Awesome!!!!

by from Aiken, SC |

Craig Edwards is AWESOME!!!! I had a great experience at SouthTowne Hyundai. Craig assisted me with all my financing needs and everything worked out and I was able to get a 2012 Sonata. Craig is not only a salesman but he really cares about his customers and I gained a new friend. I LOVE MY CAR:). Thanks Craig!!!! If you need a car, please call Craig Edwards because He's The Man!!!!

Great service

by from Lithonia, Ga |

I experienced great customer service once I arrived at SouthTowne. My sales person, Craig, was amazing and worked very well with me. As a first time. Car buyer I was very pleased and would definitely recommend this dealership to many more. I LOVE MY CAR