McLean Ford Inc

Route 44 East, Millerton, NY 12546

Used 518-398-7733 Used 518-398-7733

A Nice Car Buying Experience!

by from Long Island |

I live on Long Island and wanted a 5-speed Focus sedan. No dealer here that I went to had one in stock or could get me one among their circle of dealers that they swap cars with. They were just not very helpful to me and were so pushy in trying to get me to buy an automatic which I did not want. So I began the internet search deal. I just found it not an enjoyable way to look for a car and nail down a price over the internet with the dealers I searched. And the dealers that had a car I wanted were just too far away from me to make the travel cost to go get the car worth it. I even gave one dealer deposit money on a car and the day before I was to go pick it up they called and told me it was "not available". I then called McLean Ford and offered a price on the car and they accepted it. I asked if there was any chance they would sell the car before I could complete the deal and they said that they would not do that to me. I told them I wanted to leave a deposit so they would not sell the car to anyone else. They said it was not necessary but if it would make me feel more comfortable they would take it. My salesperson Derek and I worked through the purchase process and every e-mail and phone call was answered promptly and with courtesy. He even lowered the price a little bit from my offer which was nice of him. Ever hear of a dealer doing that? My brother gave me a ride to McLean Ford to pick up the car. Derek greeted us and we went through all the paperwork and loan details with much care on his part to make sure I understood everything and every question was answered to my complete satisfaction. When I looked over the paperwork he told me he never put through my deposit money onto my credit card. He had told me he would not sell the car to anyone else even though unknown to me until that point I had no money actually down on it prior to picking it up. I found out he was a man of his word. It was a pleasant and no hassle experience to complete the purchase with no pressure to buy anything else that I did not want when I got there. Two accessory items I did want he did not receive in time when I got there and Derek said he would ship them to my home. He kept his word and I got them quickly a few days later. We ask Derek to give my brother and I some recommendations for a place to eat in town and he steered us to a place where we had a nice lunch before driving back home. The next day when I got home I noticed there was a crack in the left taillight lens that I missed upon the vehicle inspection. I called Derek and told him about it. He worked it out where I would not have to drive 2 hours all the way back to his dealership to get it fixed. He shipped me a new replacement lens for me to install and I mailed the broken one back to him and they paid for the return postage. Derek and McLean Ford are just so customer centered. They cared about me during the buying process and went out of their way to make it right with the taillight problem. For my future Ford car purchases I will consider McLean Ford first even thought they are 2 hours away from me. My experience with them has made me see these are just some good people who want you to be happy with your entire new car purchase. They are smart in doing business this way. You will absolutely consider them again in the future and look forward to doing so if you need another new car.

May 12, 2015

Thanks Bill! We sincerely appreciate your coming all the way up here to do business with us. Buying a car should be a pleasurable experience and not a hassle. Enjoy your new Focus and we're here for you anytime! Thanks again!

pleased with McLean Ford

by from Millerton N.Y. |

I called Derek about a car in saw on cargurus. From the first phone call it made i felt very comfortable, Derek didn't pressure me in any way. He made all follow up calls to make this deal go as smoothly as possible. I'm very pleased with how i was dealt with and treated. I sure I will be buying more cars from McLean Ford. Keep up the work Derek and the rest of the staff.

Great Dealership.

by from NY,NY |

I was searching for a Ford Taurus SHO for quite some time now. I eventually found what I was looking for at McLean Ford. The no pressure atmosphere from the staff was refreshing. The car shopping experience is usually stressful, but not at McLean ford. I was greeted by Derek who is a complete gentleman and showed me a Taurus that is was looking for. He was very straight forward and honest. I purchased my SHO and absolutely love it. If your looking for a no pressure family run business. McLean ford is your place to shop. Great experience.

April 28, 2015

Thanks Anthony! It was a pleasure dealing with you and we'll be here for all your needs in the future! Be sure to stop by this summer and check out our all new facility.

wow mistake really

by from poughkeepsie, nny |

contacted the dealer regarding an advertised car and was informed the price was a mistake. the car remained on cars.com for a number of days after. makes me wonder about these guys just a bit.

January 3, 2015

We apologize for any confusion. I am not sure which vehicle you are referring to, but we make every effort to be sure our pricing and vehicle descriptions are accurate. We are a small dealer and have no dedicated internet person, so it may take a day or two from time to time to remove sold vehicles or correct mistakes. Yes, we do make mistakes sometimes. If there is anything I can do to rectify this situation please let me know. Thank you.

"Service" exemplified!

by from The Berkshires, Massachusetts |

Wow. The other reviews I read were absolutely correct. This has been the best purchasing experience ever. I was all set to purchase a Ford Escape from a dealership in my community the day after Labor Day. Too bad for them they were closed on an extended vacation. Awesome for me. I had been scouring the local area but hadn't branched out so on a whim I spent some time on the web and found a vehicle on McLean's website. I couldn't believe my eyes. The Escape was a year newer, had less miles, more additional features and was less $$. It was also exactly the same color that I wanted. How could that be possible? I sent an email message and Derek responded quickly. I had to go take a look. Unfortunately the dealership is over an hour away from me and there was no way I would make it there in time before closing. No problem. Derek waited for me to come take a look. Of course, I got lost on the way so I arrived even later than expected. Again, Derek was easy and pleasant. Not a problem. Gave me the keys to the Escape, suggested where I should go to give it a good test and off I went. When I returned, no hard sell. Just a 'what do you think'? I said let's talk numbers'. We went inside and I told him the additional features I wanted added. He tickled the keyboard, did some research on my trade in, turned his monitor around and showed me the offer. It was exactly what I wanted when I came in with my own numbers in my head. Even better, becuase it was a CPO vehicle I could use the Ford credit at 1.9% vs my bank credit which was higher. I know that saying Derek made an offer I couldn't refuse is slightly cheesy, but it is true! We shook hands and he then proceed to make arrangements to add the additional items requested. Derek stayed in touch with me via email throughout the process and when it came time to pick up my "new" car he stayed late again. As it happened, the technician forgot to a step when installing my remote car starter so the keyless entry pad wouldn't work. Because it was after hours there was no one around to help. Derek said he would take care of it the next day. Turns out they need to put it on a machine...so knowing that I am far away he suggested I take it to my local dealership and they would pay for any labor. Turns out my local dealership is a pain in the backside to deal with so Derek suggested they come collect the car, take care of what needed to be done and return it to me. REALLY? That kind of service still exists?? I am blown away. Oh, one last important point. I live out of state. No problem. The sale documents and final 'packet' was impecable-my insurance company was blown away at how detailed and organized everything was when I brought it in to process for MA licensure. Since I financed the taxes, they had a check cut to the state as well so the entire RMV and insurance process couldn't have been easier. They are located in the middle of beautiful farm country so the drive is lovely. The service can't be matched anywhere. I would recommend you make the trip here from where ever you are to get your next vehicle here. I certainly will. Thank you Derek. I LOVE my 'new' Escape. The seamless and pleasant purchase process just adds to my delight.

September 18, 2014

Thank you Charlene! It was a pleasure! Enjoy your Escape!

The best car buying experience

by from Wappingers falls, ny |

This was the best car buying experience that I have ever had. They drove out a MKZ to my place of employment, I test drove the car and called Dave and told him I will take it. There was not any haggling over the price of his car or my trade-in. When I purchased the MKZ, Dave drove it out to me once again and we signed the paperwork in my company conference room and the deal was done. I never had to step foot in the dealership. The entire process was cut and dry.

April 21, 2014

Thank you for your business! We're glad to accommodate you in any way we can! Enjoy your MKZ!

How smooth could it possibly be?

by from East Nassau, NY |

The car buying experience, to me, has always been a type of cat and mouse game. The dealer makes you and offer, you counter that offer, they re-counter your offer until the customer is confused and exhausted. That has been my experience in the many years of my car buying life. Now factor in the equation your trade, you know the true value of the trade, but the dealer gets fancy and starts the nickel and dime tactics during this part of the deal, to the point that you just give up and make the deal to just be done with the whole transaction. This is so not the experience of my recent interactions with the dealer McLean Ford in Pine Plains. First I was able to look the lot, without hassle. When I wanted to check out the cars that I had zeroed in on, I was graciously handed the keys and told to take my time and then come back inside and we will chat. So friendly, so comfortable and oh so different from previous dealer encounters. I narrowed my search to a Lincoln MKT. I told Derek that I would like to know more about this car. He was knowledgeable and honest and answered all my questions. He asked me if I wanted to test drive the car, I said, "NO" I need to research it first, I will return. He was comfortable with that, gave me his card and said that he hoped to see me soon. I left the lot with knowledge and a good feeling about this dealer. Three days later I returned with numbers in hand, research completed and a figure that I not only wanted, but deserved for my trade in. I entered the showroom and spoke with Derek, informing him I would now like to test drive the MKT. Keys in hand, dealer tag on car and I was off. Car drove well on the country roads surrounding the dealer, would have preferred access to a Highway, but you are in the country, so you put the car through the paces where you can. After the test drive there were some minor issues that I want addressed, no problem. Now came the deal time, I thought here we go. I was ready, I was armed with knowledge and paperwork to back up my knowledge. Then all of a sudden, BANG, Derek gave me a price for my trade, then gave me a price for the MKT. We discussed the figures for no more than 2 minutes, figures changes, financing started and within 5 minutes I was signing papers for my new (used) car. Derek was a wonderful salesman, honest, friendly, helpful, open and sincere. He wanted the experience to be a happy and rewarding one. His goal was to sell a car and he did. My goal was to get a good price on the my trade and my purchase, and I did. We were both happy. This dealer is exceptional and I would recommend this dealer to anyone that asked. I could not believe how wonderful I was treated. I actually had a good time buying my car. I left there with respect and pride. I was happy to deal with this dealer and I would tell all my friends to take the drive to Pine Plains, it will be worth the trip. OUTSTANDING DEALER, WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, DEREK IS THE BEST THERE IS. Take the drive, meet him, talk to him and you will soon find out how wonderful a person he is.

March 12, 2014

Thanks so much Denniz! It was truly a please doing business with you and we're here for whatever you may need now and in the future. Thanks again!

Great Dealership.

by from Ellenville, NY |

I purchased a Ford F150 from Derek and couldn't have asked for a more pleasant and easy transaction. I found this truck online and had already put a bid in on another truck from another dealership. After meeting Derek and having a pleasant experience I decided on the spot to pull the trigger on his truck. Derek was not a pushy salesman and did not pressure me or try and sugarcoat anything about the vehicle which was important to me. Working with banks and insurance companies can sometimes be hectic and I know there were numerous calls placed to Derek and he never lost his composure with anyone. When I went to pick up my vehicle he was just as pleasant and even when the sale was completed he never let off his kindness. I will never forget what he did and said next. As he took off my plates off my trade he made a comment and said "well let me go inside and clean these off. We don't want to put dirty plates on a clean truck" Wow that was the icing on the cake!! I go through vehicles often because I am a road salesman and can honestly say I have never dealt with a salesman who would have done the same.. Derek thank you again for making my purchase with Mclean Ford a pleasant one. I look forward to dealing with you again.

January 20, 2014

Thanks Mike! We appreciate the great remarks! Enjoy your F-150!

The Best Purchase of a Automoblie EVER!!!!

by from Marlboro, N.Y. |

My wife and I have bought three Lincolns from Mclean Ford. DEREK, you are the best, you did everything you were suppose to do and more. As in the past, a truly enjoyable experience. As you know, we live an hour or so away. As in the past, we actually bought this car, Lincoln MKX, online. You answered all of our questions and again made this experience a truly enjoyable one, Thank You. We also had the pleasure of Meeting the Owner, Dave, and we can see why this dealership is so good. You Guy's ARE the Best!! Thank You Joe and Noreen DallVechia

January 11, 2014

Thanks Joe and Noreen! It was a pleasure working with you both! Enjoy your new Lincoln MKX!

Great Automobile dealership!!

by from Marlboro, New York 12542 |

The Lincoln MKX we bought from Mclean is our third one. Our experience has been exceptional. This dealership is the best we have dealt with in our 50 years of buying Automobile's. Derek has been fabulous. Did everything that was suppose to be done and more. We had the pleasure of meeting the OWNER, Dave, he too is very friendly and supportive, as far as we can see, of his staff. This third experience as the first two, has been extremely pleasurable. Thank You Mclean ford!!

January 11, 2014

Thank you so much! We appreciate your business and are glad that you are enjoying your new MKX!