Family Hyundai

8101 W 159th St, Tinley Park, IL 60477

New 877-337-9175
Used 866-768-0895
Service 888-232-2789

#1 in Chicagoland for 7 consecutive years!

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!!

by from Tinley Park, IL |

Great place to shop for and buy a car. They really do care about every customer who walks through the door.

Never responded

by from Lake Sun, NH |

emailed and contacted through cars.com and they never bothered to respond except for a canned email.Not sure they even have the car that is listed

Buying a Used Non-Hyundai

by from Mokena, IL. |

Purchased a 1 year old non-Hyundai vehicle in April, that during the following few months had various mechanical issues. After having vehicle inspected by two sources, including a body shop, was confirmed the vehicle had definetly been in an accident and repairs made were done cheaply with replacement parts causing no warranty coverage. Vehicle had other hidden issues that could result in unknown mechanical failure. Vehicle was apparently purchased at auction and dealership did not provide a good mechanical review before reselling. To their credit, there was no noted accident on CarFax report. However, Family Hyundai mechanics should have easily seen poor quality repairs. We paid fair price for vehicle and felt very disappointed by dealership, especially after having purchased two Hyundai vehicles in past with good results. Be careful considering used non-Hyundai vehicles and inspect completely before purchase.

Unsatisfied!

by from Oak Lawn, IL |

Was very disappointed when, after making an agreement to purchase a vehicle, and getting my financing and insurance ready, they sold the vehicle on me. Sales manager gave me one story. Sales Rep gave me another. General Manager gave me a third. Then, and only then, did they try to do everything in the world to sell me a car. WE CAN GET YOU A BETTER DEAL. WE CAN GET YOU BETTER FINANCING. ETC. ETC. Iopted to go to a different dealer, and purchased a new Hyundai!

Second Guessing my Purchase

by from Orland Park, IL |

My purchasing process was very easy and my sales guy, Glenn was FABULOUS. He got me exactly what I wanted when I wanted it. He went above and beyond (Other than the DAILY phone calls I received from the day I walked in to the day I purchased, that was irritating.) The service department is just AWFUL though. I've never waited less than an hour for an oil change, a service that they have a specific crew for and claim "Get you in, Get you Out, Get on with your life." I've even made appointment for my oil change (Which you don't even have to) to make sure I got in and out, but has never happened. The service team is also very rude. They tossed me back and forth from one another when I showed up 40 minutes before closing, telling one another in front of me that they didn't want to help, they wanted to clock out. Also very annoying to be told by every person you interact with to rate them a 10 on the survey you receive when you leave. Because according to them "If it's not a 10, it's a 0." I'd like to receive 10 service. With all the run around and poor customer service from the ACTUAL service department (That they talked sooo highly about during the actual purchase of my car), it has made me second guess my Hyundai purchase. This was my very first, new car purchase and I've very disappointed.

Amazing Car Salesman

by from Mokena, Il |

This experience with Moe Morino today has been outstanding! I would highly recommend referring him to anyone else i know that might want a new car. He answered all our questions, was very knowledgeable, and very courteous. He did his best and got us exactly what we wanted!

Will NEVER go there again!

by from Oak Forest IL |

I'm SORRY! But I won't waist my time again!--I went there twice--the first time for a car,"posted" on Craigs-list.--When i got there,salesman said THEY NEVER had a car like it!--1 year old,low milage!---Then i went back for a NEW SONATA--we picked one out with a salsman--Had to go inside (to get price)--even though they were going to be CLEARLY MARKED!!!--Then he wanted my drivers lic. to run credit check--I said NO! I'll be paying CASH (check)--He said he couldn't give me a price!--GOOD LUCK there!--I called back and talked with a MGR--he said that "THEY" couldn't SELL cars for the price they put in Sun-Times Newspaper!---I'll WALK before I ever go back!

4 hour round trip for nothing

by from Demotte, IN |

I called dealership in the morning regarding a vehicle I wanted to buy. Sales rep could not discuss prices over the phone. I would not be able to go do dealership till after work. I mentioned I would be driving 2 hours one way and did not want to waste my time and show up and no vehicle. He took down my information and told he would call me if anything changed with the vehicle so I would not drive down. I arrived at dealership and vehicle was sold early in the afternoon. When I asked for rep they told me he had gone home. Sales rep that attended me told me vehicle I wanted was sold but he could sell me another vehicle. I filed a complaint on their web site and was amazed what I saw. Nothing but great reviews but when I read terms and conditions I found they have the right to select what to post on their website. Talk about false advertising.

This was a great experience!

by from Hazel Crest, IL |

Me and my mom were shopping around for a new car for her because of a longer commute to work. Family Hyundai had a great selection of fuel efficient cars including the accent, elantra, and the sonata. We ended up buying a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. The car buying process was excellent and hassle free. And the staff was very friendly. If your going to buy a new car soon, check out Family Hyundai there a great dealership.

Bait and Switch

by from lisle. il |

Went to dealership based on internet availability of several (4) vehicles. None of them were available, shame on me for not calling ahead. Salesman was personable and tried the normal: "lets see if we have anything in-stock that meets your needs..". Just be aware and call ahead before you venture out to the dealership.

My new Elantra

by from Mokena, IL |

I am very happy that Family Hyundai is the Hyundai dealer by me. A good friend of mine bought an Elantra from a dealer close to her and had a horrible experience. She LOVES her car though. I came into Family hoping I would have a better experience than the one she described and it was great. Stan set up my appointment and I met with Kristi. She was amazing. She listened to what I wanted and took care of me on a price. She knew my budget and stuck to it. She didn't force me into anything I didn't want and she explained the whole car until I didn't have any other questions. I am extremely pleased with my experience. My friend says she will make the extra drive and take her car for service to Family after I told her how well I was treated. Great customer service goes a long way!