Competition Subaru of Smithtown

Service 888-453-7314

A Proud Member of the Competition Auto Group

Very Rushed

by from Smithtown, NY |

We walked into the dealership looking to purchase a new vehicle. We saw a pre owned vehicle on the lot and were advised not to purchase. When we said we would wanted to see a new one, they didn't have one on the lot and started to encourage us to purchase the preowned vehicle. We put a deposit down were rushed to purchase the vehicle right away so we decided not to purchase the vehicle because we were unhappy with their pushy sales techniques. It has been 2 weeks since we decided not to purchase the car and request the return of our deposit. Only today, was I finally able to get a hold I the salesman who never called back to confirm. We won't be getting out deposit back until the end of the week. Quick to push us to purchase slow to refund our money. Very unhappy.

Positive experience

by from Huntington Station, Suffolk County, N.Y. |

I chose this dealership because they one of the few that work with the Costco auto plan. Very friendly sales person - Cathy, very friendly manager - Dina and very friendly financial person. The car - forester limited 2014 had a small glitch (the rear gate would not open) and when I took the car to the dealership they fixed it though I didn't have an appointment. You can't ask for more. I will consider this dealership when I will buy my next car.

BUYER BEWARE

by from LI, NY |

I was interested in a Legacy LTD w/nav and sunroof I had seen on their website. I went in, test drove the car and after considerable conversation, I was assured that all the 'issues' the car had would be corrected. I returned the next day to make the deal and thankfully the sun was hitting the car just right and I saw the bodywork that had been done. Turns out the car had been in TWO accidents (magnitude unknown). When I communicated my findings they acted like it was the first knew of the damage. The car however had been priced $2 to $3 g's less than any other car and was a top-o-the line car. I had been told the car was certified, it wasn't. The salesman (or the manager) has not called me back since...great way to do business. Guess if you don't ask, they have no intention of telling. Good luck if you decide to use this dealership, I can only imagine how the service department is run...can you say unnecessary repairs???

would never let any1 go here

by from st. james, new york |

The pre own "manager" phil talks to u like ur stupid even tho I knew more about the car then he did...would not lower the price of the car...then tryed to charge me $350 for all the per sale oil changes and detailing...big rip off...cars r priced high nd they dont work with I much at all and very rude

Very helpful salesperson, no pressure

by from Smithtown, Long Island, NY |

I stopped in without an appointment and wanted to test drive some of the Subarus I had heard a lot about. When I had visited other dealers, I had been told to make an appointment for another day, etc. But here, the salesperson was very amendable to letting me test the cars I was interested in and helped me consider some options which might have worked even better than what I had originally intended. I never write reviews, and while I did not end up buying a car that day, I had to write a review to counter what seem to be negative reviews for this dealer. I had a great experience and came away impressed.

No service after the sale

by from Hartford, ct |

I purchased a 2007 Mercedes E350. During the sales process the dealer was friendly and helpful. We asked for a few repairs to be made prior to picking up the vehicle and was assured that they were all complete. After driving over 100 miles to pick-up the car we found that many of the repairs were not done. The car was not even cleaned! We waited almost 4 hours to have the car preped. When we got home we had our mechanic give the car a check. He found that there was an oil leak and that 1 tire was run flat and was unsafe. We paid over $19,000 for this car and was told that the tires would be replaced and everything would be functioning. The drivers side heated seat also did not work as well as the Aux power connections. We Emailed the dealer many times but never received a response. We paid a fair price for the vehicle using the KBB Value and shouldn't be expected to pay for these repairs. At this time we have paid an additional $400 to get the safety issues taken care of but we still have a $800 repair for the heated seat that we cannot afford at this time.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from Woodside, NY |

UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE. WISEGUY ANSWERS WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT A USED CAR. HE MENTIONED HE HAD A LOT OF CALLS ABOUT THE VEHICLE SO I GUESS HE DIDN'T FEEL HE HAD TO BE COURTEOUS.