Interstate Auto Auction

Interstate Auto Auction

20 Hampshire Rd, Salem, NH 03079

Used 866-445-7062

BUY LIKE THE DEALERS DO! New England's Largest Public Car Auction!

by from Hudson nh |

Thank you Shuan for all your help we had a great time. We are going to tell all her friends and family about everything you and your company did for us. This is truly a good place and more people need to know about companies like yours. You guys are the best!

Purchased Several Cars

by from Charlotte NC |

Purchased several cars for myself over the years from here. The value was excellent. I will tell my friends

4 out of 5

by from Hartford, CT |

Everything was pretty good. The People who got us registered were friendly and nice. I gave 4 star because the woman handing out the keys for the test drives was not friendly and her attitude was not pleasant. She acted liked she hated her job and didn't want to get out of her seat. Maybe next time, put a friendlier member at the test drive window.

Good Learning Experience

by from Billerica, MA |

It was a good learning experience here at Interstate. My first auction of any kind in my sixty eight years of life. Employees were very helpful + cheerful. Overall, great experience.

Is as expected.

by from Methuen, MA |

The customer service was good but keep in mind that these appear to be cars that will not sell on a lot anywhere and thus they need to go to an auction. I bought a car for $3000 in January and have spent $7000 on repairs in less than a year. It is a very unique buying process and they are good people there but the "It only needs a few hundred in work" is not a good way of thinking when you approach buying an auction car.

December 24, 2013

Thank you for your review Steve. This is an excellent review for people online to be made aware of the reality when you buy a used car at a auction. It is rare, but you can get a car that needs more allot more work than expected. Auction cars are all trades ins mainly from New England and when you trade you car in whatever condition it's in is what the Auction gets it in. The best thing to do is if you have issues going over $1,000 and you are nervous give us a call and before you continue to do work we can offer referrals to honest mechanics that can save you time and money when it comes to fixes things for a lower price. We may not be able to stop a car from needing fixes but we can make sure you our not getting ripped off. I am not saying that is the case with Steve. Now although this car needing $7,000 is out of the ordinary, it is fair to say that anything and everything is possible when you buy a used car. One thing goes then another, a few more things and another. Of course make sure your mechanic is not taking you for a ride as well. With over 60,000 cars sold in 10 years we have seen it all and if $7,000 was the normal fix on all those cars no one would ever come back to buy a car again. It just does not makes sense to have people put thousands and thousands into a car no one wins, but if you bought it for a good price and had to puts hundreds or even a little over a thousand dollars (BMWs Mercedes ect type cars) that's more the reality of about 99% of the cars at our auction. Steve is right you should never buy a used car through an Auction and think it will only need a few hundred dollars in work. That is why we put average costs to fix the cars are $300-$900 incase you have $900, but $7,000 is super extreme. The more people who read this and understand that anything and everything is possible with used cars the better. Great review Steve we appreciate you taking the time to help educate customers so that they know exactly what to expect.

Glitch corrected!

by from Windham, NH |

Sean was outstanding once the email glitch was identified and corrected. He answered all of my questions and while the vehicle I was interested in was sold, he gave me leads on others I might like. Still trying to find a car that meets my needs, and will definitely look at Interstate.

Two e-mails, no reply

by from Windham, NH |

I wanted to get some questions answered regarding availability and the buying process, sent two emails and no one ever replied.

November 15, 2013

Thank you for your review Bill. We are sorry if you did not receive a reply when you were interested in a car. We send a reply to every email sent. When we looked in our mail box and all mail we have found no email inquire from you. Please feel free to give us a call 603 893 7777 and a manager will personally help you. We would call or email you but we have no records to get in touch with you. Please ask for a Manager and we will personally see to it that any car you are interested in or price you are looking to pay is matched up with what you like. We apologize for the inconvenience and look Forward to helping you. Best regards

Maria and Evelyn

by from Methuen Ma |

the gelientnice on a customer given by Maria and Evelyn which allowed me tobe more than satisified. Juan

No one responded

by from Tucson Az |

No one ever contacted me very disappointed! I was interested in a vehicle and wanted to pay cash. Worst customer service ever.

September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review Maggie. We are sorry if you did not receive a reply when you were interested in a car. We looked in our mail box and all mail and found no email inquire from you. Please feel free to give us a call 603 893 7777 and a manager will personally help you. We would call or email you but we have no records to get in touch with you. Please ask for Diana or Sean and we will personally see to it that any car you are interested in or price you are looking to pay is matched up with what you like. We apologize for the inconvenience and look Forward to helping you. Again we did not receive email from you and are sorry for the misunderstanding. Best regards Maggie

Thanks

by from Roxbury MA |

Great service. Have a great rest of the Summer. You all helped me and I am happy. This is my second purchase.

Not for everyone, but excellent deals and staff

by from Hartford. CT |

I found this place on cars.com and live in CT. When you go it is a big parking lot at a flea market with a quite a few cars. They let you test drive which I cannot find anywhere else for Auction thats why I tried it. After buying three vehicles over the past few months I can tell you that the prices are the best I can find, but you have to put money into most of the cars. I can also say that one of the cars had a bad motor and they refunded my money and were surprisingly nice. They told me that other sellers bring the cars and the cars are on consignment so they actually do refunds because they dont own the cars. When I bought the last car it needed nothing. Strange, but I think it's more about luck. I would def tell everyone DO NOT buy a car without test driving EVER. Almost every car has a check engine light and needs some work and they don't gaurantee it will pass inspection. Once you know these things it is really helpful. I will never buy a car here online without checking it though. The difference between on honda civic and another can be night and day with little in the price. Meaning you save allot more when you test drive in repairs. This is a great place for people who need a cheap car and don't mind fixing it up.