Atlas Auto

5505 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212

"Serving San Antonio Since 1990"

Do not go here

by from Selma, TX |

I purchased a vehicle from Gillman several years ago with my now ex-husband. I recently received a phone call from Phil saying noticed I had bought a car there and he told me he thought he could help me get in a new car. I told him I was upside down on my car and didn't think they could help me but he insisted that he could and told me if I were to come in they would give me a tank of gas for my troubles even if they couldn't help. I decided there was nothing to lose so I went in on Saturday, January 11, 2014. After getting my car assessed they told me that I was in fact too far upside down to help me (that's what happens when you buy a Mitsubishi in the first place) and then they told me that the free tank of gas was only if you bought a car, which is not what I was told over the phone. When confronted about this Phil said "I read from a script and that is not what it is says." Which was a bald face lie. I asked him if he was calling me a liar and he said "I didn't say that". So I asked if that was his M.O. to lure young women into the dealership to try and get them to buy a car and he walked out. So the manager, Nick Suitor, said he would speak to the general sales manager. He came back and told me there was nothing they could do. I said, "You'd be willing to lose a customer for life over a tank of gas?" and he replied "Yup" and slammed the door as I left. I would highly recommend using any dealer other than Gillman to purchase your vehicles. There are too many choices in the San Antonio area to purchase a vehicle to risk this kind of customer service, especially when they have shown no loyalty to a returning customer.

GARBAGE

by from San Antonio tx |

Don't waste your time with these SCAM ARTISTS!! Plain & simple these guys don't care about the customer. They just want to take your hard earned money. Horrible customer service, girl who answers didn't even know how to give directions. Ask about a price, & they'll say they dont know let me check. ?!? You dont know your inventory? Its like 30 cars tops!! They tell you one price, then switch it at the end after you've taken care of the paper work I couldn't find one good review on Atlas Auto, now I know why. You are better off going to a REAL dealership. These guys are dishonest, shady, & looking out for themselves!

Thanks for the info

by from San Antonio |

I was going to purchase a vehicle at this dealership this weekend with my tax return thanks for the reviews i saved time and money!

Extremely poor sales service filled with lies

by from Port Lavaca, TX |

I was interested in a Honda Civic at their dealership that I found online on cars.com and on their own website. Their asking price online was $9,177. I discussed the price with three different salesmen over the phone because I was about a three hour drive away. They were very firm that it was the best price they could give me. After being financed I was told by the saleman when I showed up all I had to do is testdrive the vehicle and sign the contract. After arriving from the three hour drive the sales manager said this wasn't a normal deal because it was all over the phone so he wanted to start over. He then explained that he really wanted $14,900 for the Civic! I really wanted the vehicle and didn't want to feel like I drove all that way for nothing so I decided to negotiate. I talked him down to $11,200 but then he came back and told me the bank was adding $3,000 in fees to finance me. Then he looked at his online webpage and tried telling me the $9,177 price was on a different vehicle and I must have been looking at the wrong vehicle. What he didn't know at the time is that I had his webpage already pulled up on my phone. I showed it to him and he then realized I just caught him trying to scam me! He then agreed to still give me the car for $11,200 so I ended up leaving with the car. After leaving I noticed the front end of the car was shaking badly over 60 mph. After getting home I noticed the front bumper had popped off the passenger side, the tires were almost bald and there was a clicking sound coming from the front end when reversing. After a couple days of careful thought I decided to return the car. They lied to me, they scammed me on the price, there were numerous items wrong with the car and they were very unprofessional. I would never recommend this dealership to anyone and they need to be investigated.

VW Jetta TDI

by from San Antonio, TX |

Overall it was a semi-pleasant experience to shop there. My biggest complaint I had was the fact that the manager came out shook my hand and told me that either way (if I was or was not approved for the deal)that they would call me and let me know. And now here it is over 2 months later and I still have yet to receive that call. I kind of figured that the deal was not accepted due to the lack of a phone call the very next day. Being that the only offer I could offer was submitted to the finance companies too close to the 5 o'clock stopping time for them anyway.

STOP! Ads are very misleading!

by from Austin, TX |

Writing accurate description is key to shopping online with Cars.com.:) (simple) NOT at this dealer! This dealer failed to write a description that the Mercedes I drove 125 mile in town to look at was rusted complete throughout the body of the car.It was a complete RUST bucket. Even after I called 3 times, for more info on the car & driving 125 miles into town the Dealer FAILED to disclose at any time, the rust and therefore wasted my time!. DISAPPOINTED I made an low offer and the MANAGER was RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL OF MY TIME, saying I "Your not Seriously making this offer". I said yes n, not knowing he was going to be RUDE. Its serious fooling the consumer and attempting to sell a RUST bucket, without an accurate description! Do NOT Waste YOUR Time! TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!