Smith Motor Company

359 State Route 31 S, Washington, NJ 07882

New 888-695-6369 New 888-695-6369
Used 888-543-1936 Used 888-543-1936
Service 877-847-6635 Service 877-847-6635

Respecting car and truck buyers for 90 years.

Honest and straight forward!

by from Hackettstown nj |

Went to several other dealers and was lied too and basically abused with false claims.Smith Motors and the staff was straight forward and honest and had by far the best prices. Lou and the sales staff went out of their way to help me complete the sale

June 18, 2015

We're honored that you felt so strongly about your experience at Smith Motor Company that you shared it with the rest of the vehicle buying universe. Thank you!

About face!!!

by from Washington nj |

My family has bought cars from this dealer before and have had no problems until now the salesman was nice but when I wanted to think about my purchase over night like I always do a manager named Jack came out and tried to almost strong arm me into taking the truck. Not a nice way to treat returning customers! I left and will never be returning again!! Beware of this dealer they do NOT know how to treat customers!

March 28, 2016

Dear Disappointed Customer, I personally apologize for the way Jack Searfoss treated you. We have always been a family owned business, and love to treat customers well. If you would like to get in contact with me to discuss the matter further, and if I can get some resolve for you, please email me at Jennifer@smithmotorcompany.com, or call me at 908-835-8100 ext 227. I hope to hear from you soon.

Terrible Service

by from new jersy |

I tried to leave a review 3 times... I would not recommend this dealership.. They had us running back and forth 3-4 times to look at a used a car, we were then told the price of the car so we came back in to purchase it and we were told the person we were working with originally was not available and the price promised was changed... We were told WE CAN SELL THIS CAR ALL DAY LONG....Terrible ... Buyer beware

November 30, 2015

Dear "Unhappy Cusomer", Thank you for your honesty. I apologize for the inconvenience of running back and forth for a used vehicle. We have had some changes in our employees recently. Please give us another chance - we've been in business 90 years and hope to go for at least another 90. Feel free to ask for the Internet Manager, Jennifer, if you have questions about any vehicles that we have on the lot. Thank you again.

misrepresentation

by from annandale,nj |

I'm sorry that I have to actually have to leave 1 star. I purchased a used truck from Smith Motors and was told that their mechanics had fully checked out the vehicle. Taking them at their word, I drove off the lot. They were supposed to have done a tire rotation before delivery...which they did not do. The next day, and for the next 3 days, I had to jump start the battery, which was basically dead. In addition, and in the meantime, the check engine light came on, and stayed on. The fasten seat belt wouldn't stop sounding. They said they would make it right and then kept my truck for 3 days while they were apparently getting parts in. They gave me a work order with 6 items on it..all said to have been done...and only the tire rotation was done. Everything else on the list was falsified. After trying to get some satisfaction from them they told me that they had no intention of fixing these problems because the truck was sold 'as is'. Hmmm. Why did they take and keep my truck for 3 days? I would not buy a bicycle from these people!

November 24, 2015

Hello John, thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience about your truck and the issues that arose from it. We have been in business for 90 years and we aim to make every customer happy and satisfied, but it appears we ran into some bumps in the road. Again, I am sorry to hear that this has been a difficult experience and I hope that we are able to move forward and find a solution. Take care.

Ladies AVOID! Cash payers AVOID!

by from High Bridge NJ |

I would have gone no stars, can't do that so... I went to this dealership to find a used car... My old car was having issues so time to replace, the guy who I met with was very unprofessional in his comments.When he learned I want to pay cash rather than take out a loan (they get a cut of the interest BTW) asked if I was with alcida... When looking over the car I would turn in, the sarcastic comments just started to flow... OHHH is is a limited, ohh leather seats now your talking sexy... and many other such comments... I turned and got out of there! I went to another dealership, was treated like a valued customer, left a deposit on my new car...

June 18, 2015

Hearing of car buyers' experiences similar to yours at other dealerships makes us feel disgusted. Hearing that you had this experience at Smith Motor Company is inconceivable. I am confident that the cause of your discomfort has been dealt with, and, if there is any way Smith can earn your trust, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Outstanding service & quality cars

by from Central New Jersey |

So I contacted Lou from the dealership to inquire about a used car he had for sale at his dealership, and it couldn't have been a better experience. From the first call to his follow ups he was very honest, and i trusted his word because when it came time to arrange a visit to the dealership I couldn't make it due to work, so my fiancÚ and my dad went to check it out to verify if the vehicle was as clean as advertised, and it was. Car was spotless, and just as advertised in excellent condition. Fiance test drove the car, and my dad knowing about cars immediately realized we just couldn't pass it up. Smith Motors did a full maintenance on the vehicle, and their professionalism was outstanding. Go visit Lou and his team, you'll be thankful you did.

Smooth and Painless

by from Ottsville PA |

Hassle free, smooth car buying experience. Thanks!

Good experience

by from Flemington, NJ |

Saw the car online and called. Worked out the whole deal over the phone. When we arrived at the dealership I was impressed with its size and cleanliness. They even let us test drive the car by ourselves which is always nice. Overall pleasant experience with no sales pressure.