Boardman Subaru & Imports

Service 888-253-0158

"Stellar Performer"

Great experience

by from New Middletown. OH |

Great people working at this dealership. I have bought 5 cars there and counting. They have a great service department and I get all my service done there as well. I will not go anywhere else for an automobile! The product speaks for itself, but having such a great experience at a dealership is even better. Go see these guys!

Best Dealership I've Ever Dealt With

by from Boardman, OH |

This place is not like your typical car dealership. Very welcoming atmosphere, friendly/down to earth people, and great management. Everytime I come in everyone remembers me and seems like they remember everyone else too. Sales and service staff always does everything they can to take care of any issues quickly and easily. I've been to plenty of other dealerships in the area and a few other Subaru dealerships and nothing compares

Very Happy

by from warren ohio |

This was a great car buying experience. I love this place!!!

Have been a customer since they opened their doors

by from Warren, Ohio |

I have been a customer of Bordman Subaru & Imports since they opened their doors. They acquired the Subaru brand from another dealer and I happily had my 2002 Baja (169,000 miles) and 2008 Tribeca (186,000 miles) serviced and bought from them and have never had a bad experience. I recently ordered a 2015 Outback 2.51 Limited with Eyesight and Dan Bond has been great to work with as he has given me a fair trade for my Tribeca, as well as worked things out to match another dealers quote and beat it (not to mention me being the impatient type, has kept me updated on my order via txt messages) The staff here is passionate about Subaru and if you see a slick looking Forester, or WRX sitting by the bays, it is more than likely one of theirs! I have a few friends who have changed to Subaru vehicles and have bought from Boardman with no issues. I reccomend paying them a visit, and as they are the only local Subaru dealer can be a little busy at times, but will be happy to assist you in sales and service as soon as they can!

Bad experience.

by from Boardman OH |

Purchased a used van to give as a gift to a young couple with a very ill newborn (cystic fibrosis) Wrote a check for the purchase price on the 5th. Check cleared my bank on the 6th. The dealership refused to process the title for 2 weeks. This couple needed the vehicle to take a baby to hospital appointments and we could not take it to Wisconsin to give them because the dealership refused to process the title work after the check cleared. This is a HORRIBLE DEALERSHIP.

Inconsiderate dealer

by from Boardman OH |

They knew we were purchasing a used vehicle for children/grandchildren who were virtually without a car and that we needed to get the vehicle to Wisconsin ASAP. They did not tell us that they would hold the title for 2 weeks because we wrote a personal check. Our check cleared our bank the next day. VERY INCONSIDERATE DEALERSHIP. We could have easily paid with cash or bank check to accelerate the process. NEVER again.

promised one thing did another

by from Youngstown OH |

Over the years we ve bought 3 new Subaru Legacy and have done ALL their services at that dealership because my husband thought they are "such great guys". We had my son's 2005 and my husband's 2012 Subaru. In December 2013 we had 1400$ repair service done on our 2005 Subaru. Seven weeks later the car died on its way to the dealership. We had it towed there, and we were told it needed 1800$ work, we said ok. The next day Kevin called said " we ll give you 500$ for your car, we decided to get rid of the car. The next day when my husband went they had him sign the title over, they said I misunderstood there was a service charge. He was given no invoice/receipt. I thought that was a rather shady deal to just take the car and not honoring a verbal agreement. I called them, and reported them to the BBB, and 8 days later they send us an unsigned receipt that work was done to the car. (!). We accept the loss of the car , it happens. We also accept that may be the mechanics indeed they couldn't have forseen the impending failure of the car. But to stiff a loyal customer 500$ that is cheap not to mention poor business practice since we would have bought another car for our son. We ll never go back...

Terrible and Untrustworthy

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Terrible experience with this dealer. My friend and I (both females) went to shop for a used car from this dealership. The car was not clean, nor did the service department clean it up when I bought it. The car had a history of a wreck, yet the salesman failed to mention this to me. Also, I was owed a refund check as they estimated my pay off amount. The sales rep called me the next day and said we were square and that my payoff amount was corrected. A month later I found out he was wrong and the dealership owed me a refund check. I called and spoke with the account manager who stated they weren't holding my money, but that it took longer because my car payments were automatically debited from my account (which they weren't). I distrust this dealership and would not recommend to anyone else. Shady place just trying to make a quick buck. I never received a follow up call from the dealership asking how I liked my recent purchase. It's clear this dealership cares nothing about its' customers.

Boardman Subaru & Imports responded to this review

January 20, 2014

Hello Mel. My name is Don Nameth General Manager at Boardman Subaru. Can you please provide me with your full name and vehicle you purchased. I would like to know the details of how this happened. As I can assure you that your comments do not reflect the way we do business. I would really like to find out why you feel this way would you be able to email or call me at 330-965-0997?

Inconsiderate!

by from Boardman |

Very inconsiderate! Told one thing until the papers are signed.

Used cars

by from Grove city pa |

Felt the jeep we were looking at was overpriced . Was very rusted. The Internet sales mgr. was nice so was the used car manager. No sale here

JT HUBBARD

by from Hubbard OH |

The first time I came into the store I wasn't greeted by anyone, I walked around looking for help and found none. They had a vehicle that I wanted to buy and I ended up getting help the next day when I came back! Everyone seemed nice, but it seemed to take forever for the salesman to come back to tell me if my offer was accepted. The whole experience was okay, but it could have been better!