Baker Motor Company

Service 888-290-1840

Driven to Serve

Panamera 4S

by from Charlotte NC |

I had been searching probably 1 year for ?the? car to buy. After looking at Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus brands, I fell for the Porsche Panamera S! After searching all the normal sites and looking and looking and more looking I found 4 that I liked. Trust me all that look the same are definitely not the same. After emailing Baker Motor Company regarding one they had for sale, I received a response from Jim Wicks. He was very nice and professional without the high sales pressure persistence. After going back and forth (in a good way) via email, I told Jim about the other Panameras that I was considering. He looked them up and printed off the actual build of the others. For the money, his had way more options for the same price. For example, Sport Exhaust System, 20? RS Spyder Design wheel, Driver Memory Package, Seat Ventilation (Front and Rear), Bluetooth® Phone Interface, Porsche Entry & Drive, BOSE® Surround Sound-System, Natural Olive Interior Package, Espresso Natural Leather, 14-way Power Seats with Memory Package, Preparation for illuminated door sill guards, Door Sill Guards in Aluminum, Illuminated. So the wife and I drove to Charleston to hang out for the weekend and take the Pan 4S for a test drive. Upon arriving, Jim was with another customer but left them to greet us and profusely apologized that he wasn?t available to assist us. No a big deal for me because it was a very busy Saturday at the dealership and understandable. He introduced me to Karl who took us on a test drive. Karl was great! He answered all of my questions and what he didn?t know he found out (didn?t just give me some off the wall answer). I try my best not to impulse buy so I told them I would contact him on Monday. Again, no pressure by the sales staff. No ?let me go talk to my manager? sales pitch. We were in and out. 2 days later (Monday) I called and made an offer which Jim accepted. The deal was completed and the paperwork sent to me by Wednesday. Instead of having to drive over 3 hours to pick it up, Jim stated ?that is just too far for you to drive; I?ll just drive it up on Saturday?. Wow, what service!! The car was hand delivered to my driveway!! The vehicle is definitely a head turner. I can?t say enough good things about Jim, Karl and the BMC team!! Tim from NC

Mercedes GLK Purchase

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

Recently, I bought a new Mercedes GLK from Jay Rose at Baker Motor Company. Having bought more than 75 new cars (Not a typo), through the years, this transaction stands out as one without peer. From the initial contact and inquiry with Jay Rose through the delivery of the SUV the entire process embodied the finest experience that a customer can experience anywhere! Jay worked smoothly with Danny Stackhouse to approve the deal with a business like negotiation process that was both professional and fair. The SUV was delivered in pristine condition and all questions answered to perfection regarding the delivery and paperwork processes. Everyone at the dealership was friendly and helpful beyond expectation. Having driven nearly 8 hours to purchase the car, the dealer responded by completing the entire transaction in 1 hour, a truly splendid performance!!! I am sure that there are many good salesman to earn your business, but in my opinion you will never encounter one with all of the excellent attributes that Jay brings to bear in serving his customers. I am proud and honored to call him a fellow Marine, one who continues to serve others with the trademark excellence that characterizes "America's Finest" ! I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically endorse Jay Rose and Baker Motor Company without reservation... Semper Fi Frank Stephens

Will Never Visit This Dealership Again.

by from Charleston SC |

Worst customer service ever at Baker Motor Co. GM there is not very helpful or courteous to customers. I was extremely disappointed in the quality of service & the lack of caring on behalf of Baker Motor Co. Like someone else said on here....If Tommy Baker would answer an email it would be nice. I find what is said about him on Baker Motor Co website not to be true. If he is leading by example, then he is showing a very poor example in my opinion. Baker Motor Co has done nothing to help me solve the issue.

STAY AWAY

by from charleston sc |

Cannot give them zero stars so one will have to do. As a mercedes owner of two different cars for the last ten years and my wife has one for the last two, Baker service is terrible. Incredibly expensive even when compared to Dyer Mercedes in Columbia, not to mention the local mercedes shops in the area. But that is not the worst of it. Their mechanics are bad. I have NEVER taken my car there without it having to go back a second time because it was not fixed the first time. NEVER. Standing at the cash out line at Baker all you hear is the exact same story from each angry customer: many overpriced repairs done, huge bill, car still not fixed. I do not get regular service there (try Black Forest in Mount Pleasant if you want excellent work at a fair price) but on occasion must go there when my local shop cannot fix (Mercedes USA gives its stores the most complete diagnostic software).

November 11, 2014

Hello, On behalf of everyone at Baker Motor Company, we are very sorry that you were unhappy with your service experience. We strive to give every customer the best experience possible at our dealership, and we would like to have the opportunity to talk with you and solve the problems that occurred. Our Service Manager, Pierre Renault, would be happy to personally talk with you to try and fix any problems you may have. Please contact him at the dealership at (843) 852-4000. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!

BAD BAD SERVICE

by from CHARLESTON S.C. |

BAD BAD BAD SERVICE I HAD MY CAR IN FOR SERVICE YOU HAD IT FOR 1 MONTH AND IT WAS NOT REPAIRED///////

Mercedes CLA250 / Dealership Issues

by from Mount Pleasant, SC |

Some things just need to be said. Baker Motor Company has become my second home with a brand new car. Definitely frustrating as a first time Mercedes buyer. Going to keep it short and sweet here, but I have never experienced a lack of enthusiasm towards making sure service has been completed properly as I have at Baker. Extremely disappointed. Would be nice if Tommy Baker himself returned an email also to show some 'care' for the product he is selling day to day. Throwing customers gift certificates, or free details does not eliminate the issues. Would not recommend buying from Baker. I will be honest, if someone gave me within a couple thousand of what I paid for my car I would take my business somewhere else. Tough thing to say when the car itself is beautiful.

May 2, 2014

On behalf of everyone at Baker Motor Company we are extremely sorry for the experience you had at our dealership. We strive to give our customers the best car buying and customer service experience possible. It would be our pleasure to speak with you and rectify any issues that you had. Please give us a call at (843) 852-4000 and ask to speak with our Director of Fixed Operations Eric Gustafson.

Horrible Customer Service

by from Charleston sc |

Was in Baker to buy a new/ used Mercedes. Found the "one" , talk to the salesman, GM, poor customer service. Did not call us back, went back a day late and the car was "gone"....or so they say! Wow! For a Luxury dealer, just don't get it! Expected so much more!

Ross dispels the myth

by from Charleston, SC |

Unexpectedly, my beautiful Mercedes was declared a total loss and I was faced with two daunting tasks: settle with the insurance company and buy a new car. I decided to look at Mercedes, Lexus, and Volvo. Thank goodness I was paired with Ross Griffith at Baker Motor. He listened to me, answered my questions, offered advice when asked, and provided useful information. He did NOT put a hard sell on like the guy at Lexus did. When I was ready with specifics, Ross found what I wanted in the price range I gave him--- in about an hour! Ross was like a neighbor or a friend helping me. He inspired confidence and trust, and was supported in his efforts by Danny Stackhouse, the sales manager. That listening attitude coupled with results based on my parameters showed me that this car sales person was very different from the one i met with down the Lexus highway (and one I would not deal with). Thank you Ross, for your professionalism and patience!

July 10, 2013

We are so happy that you had a great experience at Baker Motor Company. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else! Have a wonderful day!

great customer service

by from Charleston, SC |

Danny Stackhouse and Ross Griffith were very professional and great to work with!

Leasing a new car

by from Mt Pleasant , SC |

The entire transaction was seamless. Great knowledge of the process and the difference between lease and purchase. Very professional and absolutely no pressure. Great experience.

Ross Griffith

by from Charleston, SC |

Very on top of things and a great guy to work with!! Very honest and will not take advantage of you one bit. If you are looking for a Mercedes in South Carolina, I would go to him.