Puente Hills Subaru

Service 855-365-9074

We love our customers.

Service/Oil change and Tire Rotation

by from Glendale, CA |

Brought my 2011 Legacy in for an oil change and tire rotation. Service was quick, easy, and very professional. I'm on the road quite a bit and my car was pretty dirty, they even washed it for me. Best service experience I've ever had in LA. Bottom line: Great Service. Thanks to both Brian and Efrain.

Beware of yo-yo financing!

by from City of Industry, CA |

My son bought a used car here several weeks ago. The dealer leaves messages more than two weeks later saying that they could not obtain financing and he needs to bring the car back. My son then realizes that by law that, after 10 days, the contract cannot be cancelled by the dealer, they must honor the terms even if they carry the loan themselves. . So the dealer then says ok you win and tries to have him come in and sign a new and "better contract" which would open up the 10 day window again! Very sneaky! He refuses to do so without specific language in the new contract saying the 10-day dealer right to cancel will not apply. Obviously, they refuse and he is forced to seek means to protect himself. Beware of yo-yo financing here!! If you MUST do business here, bring your own financing and don't budge or you will have a nightmare!

2014 outback

by from Norco,ca |

I inquired about a 2014 outback through cars.com. I promptly recieved a reply from Daniel. They quoted me a very agresive price. Best price i found. Very nice. No tricks. They did want to roll in a warranty. As with any car dealer it is your responsibility to know what you are buying. I told them i didnt want it. No big deal. They ended up having to do a dealer trade to get the car i wanted. Daniel delivered the car to my door the next day. Very pleased. Daniel was a pleasure to work with.

Buyer Beware!

by from Glendale, CA |

Be sure to do a search on "car salesman tricks" before visiting Puente Hills Subaru. I saw a used Outback that they were selling and stopped by to check it out. I told the salesperson, Katrin, that I had my own financing and that I wouldn't want any "extras" that dealerships like to throw in. After the test drive, the used car sales manager, Fred, was in her office. I told him what I could afford at an out the door price, and it was a fairly low offer, I wasn't expecting them to take it but figured I would ask. He asked if I would be interested in financing it through them if they could get me a better rate. The red flag went up here because this is where paperwork gets tricky and the price of the car would magically go up. I took him up on the offer, I was just more cautious should anything out of the ordinary come about...and it did. Fred left taking my blank check from my bank (Watch out for this, common trick with dealers) Another floor manager (Wally from what I was told later) came in with the finance offer. I spotted "Gap" and "Warranty" at the bottom of the paperwork right away and also so a payment $100 high than what my bank was offering and my bank had a shorter term, and the interest rate was no better. They were trying to "sneak in" extras that I not only didn't ask for, but also told Katrin ahead of time that I was not interested in. I told Wally what I had to spend that I had no interest in their financing and if they couldn't accept my offer than just to tell me that they couldn't accept my offer. Had they just done this to begin with I probably would have checked out another car on their lot. I hate haggling and Wally kept trying to get me to go higher on the price. I got tired of it and asked my check back so I could leave...he still kept trying to haggle. I asked several times to get my check back (I lost count) and he finally left. Katrin came back with my check, I left and as I was leaving she was insistent that I come back inside and Fred could get me the price I was offering. I told her to have him call me...it was getting late and I had to leave. Fred called me while I was driving back and through out a price that was still $1000 more than what I offered and I told him no and that all they have to do is tell me they can't take my offer rather than doing this haggling. He told me I was a difficult customer. I'm not sure how he meant that, but I certainly didn't take it as a compliment and I wrote the General Manager, Rafeh, a lengthy email about my experience and how I was treated. I told him I would give him 7 days to respond along with written apologies from Wally and Fred prior to giving any negative reviews (people should have a chance to right their wrongs). Other than getting a call from Aaron trying to sell me the car at still a higher price than what I was offering, I have heard nothing from the Manager...so here's my negative review. They lost points for taking my check and not returning it right away when asked, messing around with the financing, calling me "difficult", pressuring me into trying to buy the car and for the manager never responding to me. Maybe this was an off day for them, but I have a feeling a lot of people get scammed into their sneaky ways but don't realize it or just figure it is expected of a car dealership. If you're doing things their way with financing, warranties, etc. I'm sure you won't have any problems at all with them. Just make sure you do your research and walk out if you start to feel uncomfortable.

Puente Hills Subaru responded to this review

October 18, 2013

Hello Vic, I am the new general manager of Puente Hills Subaru and I am very sorry that your experience with us was not up to my expectations. None of the above mentioned managers are with our organization any longer. If there is any way I can make this better for you, possibly something through our service department, please call me on my personal mobile phone, 949 813 9555, I would to talk to you about this. Rasool Rastgoo, General Manager, Puente Hills Subaru,

Great Experience

by from Chino, CA |

Smooth quick process. Very little back and forth. Would absolutely recommend them.

Puente Hills Subaru responded to this review

September 8, 2012

Mr. Jackson, Thank you so much for the kind words. We strive to make the consumers experience as fast and as worry free as possible. Enjoy your new car. John Everett Internet Director Puente Hills Subaru 626.626.4800 www.puentehillssubaru.com