Courtesy Car City

2301 39th Ave, Moline, IL 61265

New 888-348-2730
Used 888-296-6439
Service 888-352-5731

"Whatever it takes we'll do it."

Insulting.

by from Moline IL |

I really don't want to go into a lot of detail with this, and I want to keep it as fair as possible. but here goes nothing. I was treated very poorly by the Management staff at this store. I am very hesitant to go back for any service at this point and here is why. In a very tight nutshell. I purchased a car with fully a loaded warranty, I had problems soon after the purchase. So I took it in for service and was refused almost immediately. The General manager treated me very poorly and was VERY condescending. ( yes to be fair I was pretty upset considering how the service manager treated me and was struggling to hold it in) They wanted to charge me big bucks for something they weren't even sure would fix my problem. though after a long and intimidating battle they finally did offer to do a differential fluid exchange. but that obviously didn't fix anything considering that wasn't what was actually wrong. The service team was useless in the finding of the problems I was experiencing and list goes as such: Drive shaft, engine pulleys, both front bearings, and brakes. These are the things I had to have fixed elsewhere because they were not able to identify any these problems. SO YES I ended up taking my vehicle to a couple other mechanics that were able to identify the problems and fix them under my warranty. I even spent money out of my pocket that I would have spent at courtesy getting the brakes re surfaced (not covered) if I wasn't treated so poorly. The sad part is I also spent money on a tire and wheel package that I am literally afraid to use because of the way I was treated the first time around.

April 18, 2013

Dear GTO...I apologize for all of this, but as I don't have enough information about your particular situation, it's hard for me to get a grip on what we might do to resolve your unhappiness. My title here is "Customer Advocate", and I would like to help. About all I can do at this point is ask you to give me a call at 309-764-6700 and ask for Gillon. Your call will be confidential, and I will handle it discretely. I don't know if there is anything I can do, but I am willing to try. Sincerely, Gillon S. Johannson 309-764-6700

Great Car Buying Experience at Courtesy Car City!!

by from Orion, IL |

Bought a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville from Marty Terrill and John Bush today on Wednesday 4/3/2013. This is my 2nd car from Courtesy Car City. The whole process from start to finish was very smooth. Wasn't sure what car I was looking for but Marty found a great vehicle for me at a great price. I would highly recommend Courtesy Car City to anyone. You can defiantly say I will be returning to Courtesy Car City for future vehicle purchases!

April 30, 2013

Thanks you Seth, we appreciate your business.

Don Swanson was great but shop failed.

by from davenport, iowa |

Left car overnight and all day to detail hood, engine bay, rotate tires plus put a lil gas in it. (We left them a car with half tank of gas) and all they did was rotate tires.

March 27, 2013

Hi John...Sorry to hear that you had some problems. I have brought your issues to the attention of the Service Director, and he will be in contact with you. I hope we can get this straightened out for you. Sincerely, Gillon S. Johannson Customer Advocate

A Positive Car-Buying Experience!

by from Sterling, IL |

From Gillon, whom I contacted by internet, to John Bush, our sales rep, my wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable car-buying experience! We were treated in a professional and yet very personable manner. There were no "hard sells," no pressure, no intimidation. We were presented with the features of the vehicle, test drove it, talked about it over lunch, and returned that same afternoon to buy the vehicle. Financing was painless, and the car was presented to us in a very clean and drivable state. We were thrilled that this particular experience was so positive!

March 15, 2013

Dear Glen and Linda...It was such a pleasure getting to know you guys just a little bit that day. The fact that you came back and bought after thinking about it was an exciting moment. Your sale verified and validated our sales process here at Courtesy. Indeed, in today's world it is all about dignity, respect, trust, and transparency. Nobody buys anything from somebody they don't like...We like being likeable!

Good People, Good Deal

by from Chicago, Il |

I had narrowed down my search online and short-listed a 2011 Ford Flex at Courtesy. Gillon was my primary contact initially and then Joe Camapgna in Sales. They were both outstanding to deal with, as was Aaron in Financing. I would rarely associate the word "pleasure" with my car buying experience in the past, but this was.

March 12, 2013

Thanks Kevin. Your kind words validate that we are doing it the right way. Gillon

Amazing to work with

by from Davenport, Iowa |

I wrecked my 2010 Chrysler 300. I have been thru a recent divorce and my credit is horrible. I travel for my sales job about 60k a year and needed a reliable car. I didn't think I was going to be able to accomplish it until I went to Courtesy. They changed all of that!! I bought a 2012 Nissan Altima with 17k miles....loaded. Thank you Courtesy!!! You have truly given me piece of mind.... I would reccommend Courtesy to anyone. Special Thanks to Marty and Don for making me feel like a valued customer even tho I had poor credit. :)

March 6, 2013

Peace of mind is certainly something that is hard to find at any price.

Example: Great service, clean facilities

by from Oquawka, IL |

..I own a business that requires my constant presence 7 days a week and Gillon & Joe Campagna knew from the start that I had NO intentions of spending several hours in a car dealership just to purchase a car and they adapted well to my demanding personality!! LOL I had already looked at dealerships in my area to get a feel for what kind of car I wanted and what I wanted to pay. I went ONLINE to look in the Quad Cities, which is an hour away from where I reside, and started browsing around @ dealerships. I decided that I would send my info to a couple of them via their websites and the FIRST dealership to respond was where I was going to buy my car....Courtesy won the contest!! Overall experience was excellent, Joe is very nice & so is the rest of the staff that I dealt with.... I have already told a few friends who are in the market for a new vehicle to head to Courtesy!!!

February 13, 2013

Tina...It was a pleasure working with you as well! Gillon and the Courtesy Car City Staff

wrecked 2010 charger!!!!!!

by from Muscatine IA |

After coming off a fresh bankruptcy i was referred to courtesy by a friend. I was in a bind and in need of a vehicle I made good money just had poor credit, I went there looking for a four wheel drive truck after spending hrs at the dealer ship the told me a truck wouldnt work that I needed to look at purchasing a car. I found a 2010 dodge charger tha was dressed up with some after market 22" wheels and tires and tented windows car looked really good from 50ft after purchasing the car I drove home and notice around 60mph the front of the car was shaking, imediately called dealership they told me to bring it up keep in mind this was 80 miles round trip from home. long story short the car was up there 5times and they couldnt figure out the problem! I told told them they were not getting the other half of their down payment untill the car was fixed. months went by nothing was done i took the car in for a oil change at a local shop they aked me when the car was wrecked and who did the repairs, the shaking was due to a bent lower control arm outer tie rods were bad it had a bent rim from the impact, after market passenger fender, hood had sanding marks in the base coat molding were not installed corectly! words of advice do your research when buying from this place! Its really sad that there are people out there that will take advantage of someone just to make a buck! To top it all off they sued me for the other half of the down payment and never offered to fix the car!

January 25, 2013

Hi Seth?As Customer Advocate for Courtesy Car City I want to sincerely apologize for the problems you have had. We certainly don?t like to have unhappy customers. That being said, I want to point out that this car had and still has a 100% clean Car Fax. It?s interesting that your mechanic could find so much wrong with a car that had been inspected by us, deemed road worthy and safe, and has that backed up with a clean Car Fax. It?s hard to imagine that a car with as much damage as you indicate could have had so much body damage without it being reported. As we all know, for insurance to cover body shop work, an accident report must be filed, or insurance will not pay. All this certainly puts your mechanics evaluation into question. Regardless, the offer we made to you quite some time ago still stands. Back when you told us about the problems you were having, we offered to get you out of the car and into something else. As you declined our offer to get you into a different car, we could only assume you were satisfied. I want to say that we treat every customer with dignity and respect, the way we would like to be treated if we were looking for a car. We would NEVER ?take advantage of anyone just to make a buck.? We win our customers and sell cars by providing an honest service, and quality cars. We do not need to sell second rate vehicles to keep our doors open. We here at Courtesy just don?t work that way. Your words of advice however, are very true: ?Do your research? when buying from any dealership. Good advice Seth. Please give me a call Seth, perhaps I can help you get this worked out. Gillon @ 309-764-6700 Sincerely, Gillon S. Johannson Customer Advocate Courtesy Car City

Great- Not all the back and forth we all dread

by from Eldridge, Iowa |

Was up front about where I wanted to be, what I wanted in a new Pathfinder. Salesman found the car I wanted and definitely limited all the back and forth, a little but not much. Able to work much of the deal in advance and was in and out at purchase. Looking back, dreaded looking for a new car but actually can say I painless.

December 26, 2012

This is what we love to hear, we strive to make purchasing a car as painless and easy as possible. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Welcome to the Courtesy family!

You've got a lot of nerve...

by from Quad Cities, IL |

I wasn't going to ever post this, but, I got cold called 4 months after coming in to the dealership today asking if I was still in the market. I WAS in the market for an Altima, came up to see a specific salesman, but he wasn't there. So I just dealt with the guy that was there. First I drove a new coupe, which shook on the highway. The salesman tried to tell me that 'all cars shake a little bit when they are new'. I'm young, but I'm not stupid. I always test drive my parents cars for them before they purchase, and have never had one shake at 55 mph on the test drive. Then, disgusted with that situation, I tried driving a used 2010 Altima sedan. It drove fine, I decided I liked it, and we went into negotiations for the car. The process was a complete joke, I did research on my car, and knew what it was worth. All they did was scan the vin and drive it around the block and show me what they 'could get at an auction' for it. Then, the offer sheet for the used Altima comes up in front of me. it was for MSRP + 'discounts'. MSRP, on a two year old car with almost 10,000 miles. The discounts were a measly $2,000. Then, the salesman goes to talk to his sales manager, who comes out to try to argue with us that he should start with asking MSRP because its the correct way to do it. He asks me what I think my car is worth, I tell him. Then they come back with that price on my car (that I asked for), but no discounts on the Altima (used), so it was the same price! It was MSRP, USED, minus what they wanted to pay for my car. Knowing I was fed-up, they tried to sell me a brand new altima, that they would have to order. The new Altima came up as LESS than the USED, TWO YEAR OLD Altima, because of 'manufacturer rebates', it was the exact same car, exact same model as the one I wanted to purchase, but it was cheaper, because it was new. I walked out, went next door and bought a Fusion instead.