Bob Rohrman's Arlington Nissan

(1.0) 2 Reviews

1100 W Dundee Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004

Never again

by from Palatine, il |

This place is by far the worst company to buy a car from. I walked in to the dealership Wednesday 01/29/14 we received the best customer service and we ended up purchasing two cars (at least that's what we thought) one for my self and one for my son. The next day I go with my daughter to drop of some paperwork and she ends up trading in her old car. We sign most of the paperwork but we needed to finish up the rest of the paperwork the next day since my daughter's husband had to be at work that night. At this point there's still no issues everything look good they all seem to be professionals. ~ third day: we get there, should be fast since we just need to sign paperwork for the third car ( my daughters car) we are told that since I consign everything was good to go BUT that they needed to make some changes to the car that was purchased on Wednesday, at this point it's Friday 01/31/14 lets don't forget I was there on Thursday and they fail to communicate that ( let's be honest they waited because they were trying to avoid loosing my daughters sale) well after arguing back and forth for hours they were able to keep everything the same. I took the about three hours of terrible customer service for them to realize they could keep everything the same. Then they also communicate that the finance company did not approve my sons loan but he could get a cheaper car but had to return the previous car. That Wednesday my son told them he just needed a car to work and drive to Kentucky to pick up his son a few times a month. never asked for a 2014 car they suggest it him to get it and was told he was approved for it ( what 21 year old guy doesn't want something better). They Sandra and Carla were the only professional they apologized on the company's behalf ( manager should be doing that). We go in today 02/03/14 to return car and get a cheaper one but now they don't want to take the car back they just want to charge more. You could see everyone all confused, no one had a straight answer and after spending about 4 hours we still don't have a resolution. Then they said they were going to send me a check for $500.00 for all the issues but then I was going to have to cash it out and give it to them to use it as down payment for his car. We agreed then they say just give us three blank sign checks. After everything we've been trough they actually want us to trust the with sign checks. We have to go back tomorrow to see what's gonna happen.. Manager Gene Khaytin only greeted me on the first day I was there, after that he was just rude disrespectful never apologized for anything. I believe customer service should be first priority, this is only way to keep customer coming back ( could be for them, family member or even just recommending the business). This place definitely needs some training specially all the managers by the door. They should be the first one to greet and the last ones to thank the customers. They definitely failed we that. I will never buy or recommend this place to anyone.

They don't seem to want business

by from Des Plaines, IL |

A friend and I went there in the middle of the afternoon, stood in the cold in front of one car then another. No one came out. We went inside, there were no customers, but no salesman talked to us until we asked for one. One car interesting me was a 2011, two years old, but still "new" --the salesman said they might drop five grand or so on the price to get it off the lot. He also mentioned a Nissan zero-percent program. When I said I'd put a ten grand down payment he called that "aggressive" (?). Left us twenty minutes to a half hour to talk to the sales manager, came back with the invoice for what they paid for this car, two years ago, and that was the price they were offering. And he said the zero percent deal "ended last week." Since we were five grand apart I tried to leave, but he insisted I give my offer, which he wrote on his sheet of paper, then put a line under it for me to sign--to lock me in, in case they met my price then I tried to drop my offer? What? Another half hour, comes back and says they still want exactly what they paid for this thing two years ago. And he also brings the paperwork on a car, the same year, pre-owned, with fewer features, for about the price I was offering. Maybe that was a hint that I was being unreasonable? Most dealers, instead of hinting, would make a counter-offer. Did they really think that a two year old car can be worth their invoice price? No dealer I've spoken to has ever even had a two year old unsold car on their lot--the odds of it not selling in the first year are astronomically small. I understand why this one's unsold, though. Great salesmen get you to buy something you didn't intend to buy and be glad of it. Good salesmen might let you leave without buying, but you'll keep them in mind and maybe even come back. These guys kept us around for three hours and did a few sales tricks (talk to the manager, sign that this is my actual offer), then they let a customer with a 10K down payment leave wondering if I upset them, if the sales manager wants the salesman to fail, just what kind of weird psycho game was being played. Very strange. I certainly would not want any ongoing relationship with this place--they don't behave rationally.