Dave Johnson Sales

Used 888-342-1687

The "Gunner" Of High Prices

Great Cars

by from Wichita KS |

I have been looking at cars for the last 30 days and Dave Johnson has the cleanest low mileage cars in Wichita. I recommend before you buy a car from a car lot look at Dave Johnson. The reputation of the Johnson family one of the most honest car dealers in town. You might find a car cheaper somewhere else, BUT you get what you pay for, I will always recommend Dave Johnson sales to anyone looking for a used car.

Visited Lot

by from Douglass, KS |

Like another person on this site they did not return my email from cars.com. After a day I picked up the phone and called them. The nice man said their computer was down. It is a very small lot and nice and clean. I visited the lot to see the car I was interested in and asked for a carfax but didnt receive it as we got to talking about other cars. Test drove several cars. Both gentlemen were nice and I didnt feel pushed into a purchase of something that wasnt right for me. I left the lot and havent heard from them since. I purchased a car a few days later at a small lot on East Kellogg (Integrity Auto Group-Mark Hurt) because they called me back about cars they received after my visit to their lot on the same day I visited the Johnson lot. When I asked if the Johnson lot had someone on staff or a mechanic check the cars out before they put them for sale he told me it was hit and miss and they used the dealership down the road from them. I didnt feel comfortable about that statement. On the other hand Integrity (where I made my purchase) uses Firestone in downtown Wichita and even had them fix an issue I notice on the car before I finalized my purchase. I am a 50's woman and I was looking for a college car for my son. It was important to me to have the car checked out by a mechanic but I think the dealership should do some initial inspections and repairs before they put the car on the lot. I would recommend the Johnson Lot if you know about cars and they were very plesant folks. BUT if you are not car savy and want a professional staff and repair shop I would recommend Integrity on East Kellogg. My mechanic didnt find a thing wrong with the car except a windshield wiper and like I said, they took it down that same day and had it repaired.

Small lot, but good selection, decent prices

by from Wichita |

Friendly Father/Son business. Had a good diversity of used vehicles. Pricing varied by vehicle, for the vehicle I was shopping it was competitive (below KBB and other local dealers). The salesman (owner) wasn't as knowledgeable about his inventory as I would have liked, he couldn't give me a direct answer about a transferable warranty on a particular vehicle. Their online inventory was 100% accurate for their physical inventory. Their financing bank is refusing loans for the brand I am shopping (Suzuki), and their recommended Credit Union to apply through wants to raise the interest rates for the same reason. I was going to get a quote from my own credit union anyway, but was surprised that they would carry vehicles that they can't finance in-house. At this time I haven't purchased through them. They are friendly and laid back while on the lot, but tried to rush me through the purchase when we got to the pricing and financing stage. I will say they have only a $20 'document fee' and tax on top of their window prices, so no real surprise fees to pay. I'd recommend to people who will do their own car research for the model they are looking at, and can handle themselves in a price negotiation.

No Reply

by from Fontana, Ks |

I guess they wasn't interested in selling a car to me. I had sent them a request for more information on a car I was interested in, but no one ever got back to me.

Intersting vehicles ... Nice enough guy

by from 67209 |

Bottom line , nice enough staff. Just a bit over priced . Food place for intersting cars...