Dave Johnson Sales

Used 888-342-1687 Used888-342-1687

The "Gunner" Of High Prices

A car dealer w ethics

by from Wichita KS |

Having worked in the car business in the past I have seen my share of wrongdoings by car dealers (and not very many "right-doings"). And b/c of my experience I had avoided car dealers when looking for wheels. However, I must say I was impressed with these guys. Long story short, I bought a truck from them. It had some body damage so the price was good. The check engine light was on but I thought nothing of it b/c with cars in the past it's been like an O2 sensor or something. Turned out that this truck needed a major repair, which I performed at a high cost for parts ($2000). I really liked the truck so I decided to repair it (it was cam phasers and timing components on an F150 - ouch!). When I bought the truck I paid in cash but still owed sales tax. After spending 2 months on the repair I went back to pay the tax and he said don't worry about it (Mike Johnson) since I had to repair it (it also needed oil pump, PS pump, water pump, heater core, one valve cover, both vc gaskets, etc etc etc). These guys actually have a heart. No other dealer would have forgave that money owed. A real review by Shawn Tremblay, Wichita KS

Great Cars

by from Wichita KS |

I have been looking at cars for the last 30 days and Dave Johnson has the cleanest low mileage cars in Wichita. I recommend before you buy a car from a car lot look at Dave Johnson. The reputation of the Johnson family one of the most honest car dealers in town. You might find a car cheaper somewhere else, BUT you get what you pay for, I will always recommend Dave Johnson sales to anyone looking for a used car.

Visited Lot

by from Douglass, KS |

Like another person on this site they did not return my email from cars.com. After a day I picked up the phone and called them. The nice man said their computer was down. It is a very small lot and nice and clean. I visited the lot to see the car I was interested in and asked for a carfax but didnt receive it as we got to talking about other cars. Test drove several cars. Both gentlemen were nice and I didnt feel pushed into a purchase of something that wasnt right for me. I left the lot and havent heard from them since. I purchased a car a few days later at a small lot on East Kellogg (Integrity Auto Group-Mark Hurt) because they called me back about cars they received after my visit to their lot on the same day I visited the Johnson lot. When I asked if the Johnson lot had someone on staff or a mechanic check the cars out before they put them for sale he told me it was hit and miss and they used the dealership down the road from them. I didnt feel comfortable about that statement. On the other hand Integrity (where I made my purchase) uses Firestone in downtown Wichita and even had them fix an issue I notice on the car before I finalized my purchase. I am a 50's woman and I was looking for a college car for my son. It was important to me to have the car checked out by a mechanic but I think the dealership should do some initial inspections and repairs before they put the car on the lot. I would recommend the Johnson Lot if you know about cars and they were very plesant folks. BUT if you are not car savy and want a professional staff and repair shop I would recommend Integrity on East Kellogg. My mechanic didnt find a thing wrong with the car except a windshield wiper and like I said, they took it down that same day and had it repaired.

No Reply

by from Fontana, Ks |

I guess they wasn't interested in selling a car to me. I had sent them a request for more information on a car I was interested in, but no one ever got back to me.

Intersting vehicles ... Nice enough guy

by from 67209 |

Bottom line , nice enough staff. Just a bit over priced . Food place for intersting cars...