Matthews Motor Company

1856 N Williamson Rd, Covington, PA 16917

Used 888-557-1354

Buy Smart. Buy a Matthews Car.

Awesome staff!

by from Rochester, NY |

Although I didn't buy a vehicle during my visit, John, Jason Matthews and all the staff were extremely friendly from the minute I walked in the door to the minute I left. They are very accommodating & have a great selection of vehicles. I will be watching their website for the truck of my choice.

fast sellers

by from horseheads,ny |

I was vary interested in a truck that they had listed on there cars.com page .I called about it but the dealer said that the truck has already sold . He apologized for the inconvenience and tried to find me something Elsa on the lot but they just didn't have what I was looking for In my price range . Over all they where nice to deal with I will be back some other time to see what they have on there lot .

2008 Jeep Commander

by from Liberty, Pennsylvania |

I looked for a Jeep in my price range to trade in my 2007 Toyota corlla. There was some miscommunication at first and the sales manager called me and apologized. He then asked me what I was looking for and what he could do. Vince my sales guy was amazing, him and Chris both worked together to get me the right vehicle and the right price. They are down to earth guys who really take care of their customers. I highly recommend them

Poor Communication

by from Williamsport, PA |

I'd like to start off by saying the owner personally called to apologize the next morning and was sincere. Fortunately as a shopper I have reviews to guide my way. I feel that I should truthfully voice my experience. I called twice to check on a Toyota Prius that had little description and no picture. The first call was to see if the car was still for sale (which it was) and if it had a warranty. I was told I would get a call back, but never did. I called back a couple days later to see if it was still there, and it was, although the owner had taken the car to New Jersey to save on gas. The salesman called back later to say he spoke with the owner and he was going to drop it off that night and he would call me when he did, in case I had time to travel and go see it that night instead of the next day. The salesman never called me back that night. I stopped in the next day after 50 miles of driving the salesman brought the car over, I test drove it and it drove alright. The car was very grimey inside and had a plastic piece in the backseat that matched the exterior color. The salesman did not know what it was from. After the test drive and getting out of the vehicle I noticed a large dent/scrape across the passenger side door as well as the side mirror completely missing with wires snipped that would have connected it. The salesman then hustled to his manager to get a game plan. He came back with, "we are fixing the mirror, but the dent will not be fixed and that is why it is such a great price!" I was upset after that point, because it was not really a great price compared to even local dealers and I realized they had wasted my time and possibly tried to con me just to get me in. Frustrated, I explained my problem and left. The manager DID come down and get my story once again saying he did not hear all of it and said I was being fair and apologized. On the ride home with my mother and three year old daughter, my mother said a patron in the waiting room with her commented that I sounded mad and so was he. He explained his repair price was too high and it took too long, he said he had to take a vacation day. I cannot comment anymore on his situation though. It's not easy being a single parent trying to get by on what money you have and trying to get your money's worth. I wasted time, gas, and an accrued personal day on that trip. I was planning on continuing up north, but was too agitated to continue my car shopping. I avoid any place with bad reviews and there was only one on Google places about a loan, which I thought would not affect me.Like I said the owner was sincere, but I hope this helps other buyers along the way. I assume the owner will reply to this. I politely told the manager and salesman I would be leaving negative social media feedback, which stirred them up. Please do not address my real name when replying, if you do.

Matthews Motor Company responded to this review

February 13, 2013

On behalf of Matthews Motor Company, I would like to start off by apologizing again to the shopper from Williamsport. Matthews Motor Company is a family owned and operated dealership. We have been selling and servicing vehicles in this area for over 25 years by being honest and transparent with our customers. With over 100 vehicles for sale, the majority of them have been serviced and inspected at our NAPA AutoCare Center before they hit the lot. Unfortunately in this case the vehicle being looked at was a local trade that had not yet been in for service or even cleaned up for that matter, which is why the vehicle did not have pictures on the website. We did drop the ball, and I take full responsibility, in regards to not properly informing the customer of the condition of the vehicle prior to him stopping down to the dealership. 99% of our vehicles are serviced, inspected, cleaned, and ready to be sold. This vehicle was not. We have taken steps to make sure things like this do not happen again. A sales meeting was held the following morning to review the importance of being transparent with all of our customers, not just because it will help us be more successful and avoid customer service issues, but because it?s the right thing to do. If anyone has any questions, I can be reached at 570-659-5406. I?d be glad to help in any way I can. Sincerely, Jason Matthews -VP

Dealer with all the bells and whistles

by from Wellsboro, PA |

This dealership really has it all. Excellent selection of used cars, amazing service departmemt, car rentals, body shop, trailer sales, and storage units!! A dealer like this is hard to find and it is in a small town. Truely blessed! Love my 2008 Ford Edge I got there :)