Cars Plus Credit

17520 E US Highway 24, Independence, MO 64056

Used 888-613-7496

Good people

by from KC, MO |

I use to live close to this dealer, I went in and found a Nissan Xterra that I fell in love with, bought it, no problem...after a few mths (and a huge rise in gas price$) I decided to trade in my 4x4 for sumthing better on gas, landed a 2004 Sebring coupe (best car I ever owned) had it for awhile but times got hard and I got laid off from my job, I had to end up giving it back but Todd was very understanding about everything, no hard feelings. I am now looking at a few cars on the lot now that Im ready to buy again, and Todd isnt holding the past against me. This dealer is great as long as ur honest with them...I will always keep on eye on their lot in the future!

Excellent Service...highly recommend!

by from Higginsville, MO |

Purchased a 2001 Ford Taurus for my sister who has been sick and unable to work for the last 12 months. Her credit has gone downhill because of her medical condition. We were told to try Cars Plus Credit and see if Todd could help us. Todd is extremely professional yet very friendly and was able to get my sister into a car that day. He went above and beyond to help my sister, was concerned about her health, and said he would do anything to hep her purchase a car. He informed us if we have a problem with the car to contact him and he will work with us. I would highly recommend this dealer if you are looking for a nice used car or have had credit problems in the past, or even if you want go with a no-hassle dealer and get the car you are looking for at a very reasonable price. Todd and his staff will get our business again in the future and we will recommend him to family and friends.

The only lot I plan to go to in the future!

by from Independence, MO |

I first went to this dealer on the recommendation of a friend who had purchased multiple cars from Todd in the past. I like everyone there but have dealt mostly with Todd because I was financing...which was a lot easier of a process than I expected. He was happy to work with me on what I could afford to get into a really great car at a great deal! I bought a 2004 Camry with 156k miles but this car makes me feel like I'm driving it brand new. Every time I come in I am greeted by name and a smile and am made to feel welcome. I have really been talking this place up and have found out a number of my friends that have bought cars from Todd and everyone has the same high opinion and plans to go back when they need another car. I know I'll be headed back to Cars Plus Credit when its time to get another vehicle.

Extremely shady and not a good place to get a car.

by from Cedar Rapids, Ia |

I called this dealer asking about a lexus gx470 they have for sale. On the lexus website and every lexus forum around it says you must replace the timing belt at 90k miles because if it breaks you will cause catastrophic damage to the engine. The man on the phone straight up lied to me and said these have a timing chain not belt and it never needs replaced. That is a complete lie. They are obviously the kind of dealer that will tell you anything to get you off the lot in one of their cars. I would never trust or buy a vehicle from this dealership.

Cars Plus Credit responded to this review

April 15, 2014

This is a phone call from a customer in Iowa that has not been to our business, never looked at or drove the vehicle in question. Some import engines have timing belts, some have timing chains. If incorrect information was given to a customer we apologize. At Cars Plus Credit we strive to provide transparancy in our advertising, quality pre-owned automobiles and excellent customer service, before, during and after the sale. We have sold 4500 cars since opening in 2008, an A rating with the Kansas City Better Business Bureau, and a great reputation. Our apologies to Mr. Tim L for any inconvenience. D.Todd Rechterman Cars Plus Credit

So easy to do business with. Thank you.

by from Smithville, Missouri |

Todd was so easy to work with and gave me an honest opinion on what purchase he recommended for my needs. I would definately buy another car from Todd in the future.

Quick, Todd goes beyond the call of duty.

by from Portland, OR |

Cars Plus deserves 5 stars. Bought a decent used 02 Ford Taurus for a year, good price. Recently moved out of state, had to sell in a flash. Got just that, dealer buyback was quick and fair. Todd even offered to give me a ride back to my house after selling the car back. He didn't have to, knowing how busy he is. Very successful business here. The office is a bit small though, haha.

great service very friendly

by from Independence, Missouri |

Very friendly, we where looking for a nice place for my daughter to buy her first car and visited several other car lot's but Cars Plus Credit by far beat them all a very good selection of vehicles. Todd helped us answered all our questions and treated us like we where important to him even though they where very busy, she picked out the vehicle she wanted and they really worked with us on the down payment and getting her a payment she could afford. The vehicle itself has been a very very good car, each time we go in to make a payment they treat us like we are a friend not just like a number so to speak. I definitely would and have recommended them.

Very ethical dealer!

by from Lees Summit, MO |

This was our first time buying a car from a non new car dealer. We were nervous and skeptical but after reading the reviews, we gave it a try. They had a good variety of cars to choose from. Todd, the owner, was very upfront and honest with us regarding cost and financing. The actual purchase was a breeze. Then... an issue popped up a few days later. Ugh!!! We were surprised and hugely appreciative of the amazing ethics and service shown to us by Todd. We would not hesitate to purchase there again. Thanks Todd!

Great dealership!

by from kansas |

This was my first car buying experience, and i'm glad I chose to purchase from cars plus. When I arrived I was helped and treated with respect. I have been to dealerships before them..(other places didn't seem to care about helping me or taking me serious because i'm a teenager) They didn't pressure me into looking at a certain car, or try to convince me why "this car is perfect for you". The buying process was quick and painless and they got me into a great KIa Rio! Highly recommended!

Repaired my Trailblazer after AS-IS purchase

by from Oak Grove, MO |

We purchased a 2003 Trailblazer from Todd. The first day I drove it, the check engine light came on so I called them. It was also making a noise under the hood. After plugging it in, I was sent to the garage where a part was replaced at no cost to me. The car is clean, odor free and a great buy.

Best Used Car I've Ever Had!

by from Independence, Mo |

Everyone was very nice and helpful; all the cars were very clean inside and out. When I asked, the car I was interested in was made immediately available for test drive. When I asked to take it to my mechanic, the dealer made sure it was ready to go when I was. The process of buying was explained to me very carefully, and he made sure I understood exactly what to expect and what was expected of me. All in all it was pretty stress-free, and I would definitely recommend this place to others. [My only suggestion to the dealer is that he deal with one customer at a time and delegate a bit more to his partner(s); I wasn't bothered by his inability to focus entirely upon me the whole time I was sitting there, but I think some people might be.]