Alan Byer Volvo

Used 877-438-8130 Used877-438-8130
Service 877-776-7549 Service 877-776-7549

Great service, beautiful car

by from Syracuse, NY |

I traded in my 2009 Volvo c70 convertible, a difficult decision, for a 2010 XC60. Living in Upstate NY it only made sense. I test drove other models of all wheel drive vehicles including Subaru. Nothing can match the smooth comfort of Volvo though. Brian was easy to deal with, and when he went on vacation during the process his boss Jeff stepped in for him and took care of all the paperwork. It was seemless. There was never any pressure to buy or to add on extras like undercoating, or other nonsense you get at other dealerships. I highly recomend.

Very helpful

by from Syracuse, NY |

We did not end up purchasing from Byer Volvo, but they were very easy to deal with, and during an otherwise stressful process, that is always greatly appreciated. Bryon was very helpful and up front about everything from the beginning. He even went out of his way to check with the previous owner about extra details on an accident that was on the Carfax. He also was more than happy to discuss the process via text, which was a nice change of pace. Sometimes you just want a quick answer, and most of the dealerships we went to wouldn't say a word about the car, pricing, etc...without a phone call followed by 10 more phone calls and an overblown sales pitch. In the end we went with another car, but out of all the dealers in Syracuse, Byer was the most transparent about everything involved. They just didn't have the model we were focused on purchasing - wish they did!

Finally A Dealership With Integrity!

by from Victor, NY |

Our experience at Alan Byer was nothing short of a dream! We were in and out in less than a half hour. Bryon is not only a pleasant and honest salesman, but has a passion for what he does. We will definitely buy another car from him if we decide to get another Volvo in the future, as the car we bought was a VERY clean car! The sales staff were all very pleasant too. Excellent experience!!!!!!!!!

Recent Purchase BMW X3

by from Mexico, NY |

I have to say purchasing our vehicle from Bryon at Allen Buyer Auto Sales was the most enjoyable experience ever. There was no pressure or sales gimmicks and Bryon was professional, personable and made my wife and I feel very important as new customers. I strongly suggest anyone in the market give Bryon a call!

Purchased used 2014 Infiniti Q50

by from Jersey City, NJ |

I live 5 hours from this dealer. I found them on Cars.com and saw their ad for this car. First time buying a used car and that too far away. I worked Bryon for this deal. We talked over the phone and saw the car over Facetime on our Iphone. Car was in great condition. I was sold right there and gave him my personal info for loan papers. When I got to the dealer to pick up the car, I was in and out about half hour. I would love to do business with them again. Thanks again.

2015 Lease S60

by from Syracuse, NY |

I had an overall good experience with this dealership. They have great prices for Volvos as long as you are willing to take what is in stock, which is pretty standard. Bryon, the salesman, was willing to pick me up locally and complete the deal after normal closing hours for the dealership. I drove off happy after 10pm. The S60 has amazed me so far, 250 hp and 31+ combined MPG!

What we were looking for

by from Syracuse |

We visited ABV on a suggestion from friends that have purchased a few Volvos over the last several years... and we're glad that we did. What we found was a professional, personable, and knowledgable agent in BB. Straight talk about the car, our trade-in, and a convincing test drive help seal our switch to ABV and a Volvo. We have not owned it long enough to comment on reliability, but the smooth drive, very adequate performance, and comfort is making us think that we made the right move and with the right dealer.

Purchased Volvo from Bryon Byer, dishonest sale.

by from Syracuse, NY |

I was given a price by Bryon Byer to come in and once I drove the car the price changed dramatically. Because my wife wanted the car, I was reluctant to buy but I eventually did. Bryon was dishonest from the start but the Volvo SUV we purchased is what she wanted and it was the closest vehicle to our Syracuse home. Before you make the same mistake and spend 10 to 15% more, avoid Byer, especially Bryon.

Alan Byer Volvo responded to this review

October 9, 2014

Steve- I encourage all of my customers to make their purchases only if they are happy with the price and the vehicle. We sell Volvo's very aggressively and that's why we are one of the biggest used Volvo dealers in NY. I strive to make 100% of my customers happy 100% of the time- before, during and after the sale. Also, I am very honest and would never give you a phony price just to get you in the door. What you see online is what we ask in the store. Please give me a call at 315-471-6107 ex. 36 if there was any confusion on my end or text me on my personal number that I give all of my customers. Drive safely and hopefully your family is loving the Volvo!

Great experience

by from Syracuse, NY |

My husband and I had seen the new Volvos at Destiny displayed all winter when we did our mall walking, so when looking for a new car later this summer, I went to Alan Byer Volvo. I was lucky with my timing to have Bryon as my salesperson and he was great. Very personable, low key and a completely no pressure sales approach. He had no problem giving me quotes right then and there for both used and new cars available, without dragging out the process endlessly. This did not happen at other car dealerships I visited where it as a very , very long process. After thinking about it and not losing out on the promotion, we made a deal very easily and because they didn't have color in stock that I liked, offered to search around the next day and find us one. The next day, Bryon let me know they found one. All around, great experience and I love the car.

A new lease, a new Volvo.

by from Syracuse, NY |

I have purchased and leased many vehicles over the years, but my recent experience with Byron and Alan Byer Volvo was one of the most pleasant. The employees are professional, knowlegeable and replied to our questions/concerns very promptly. Thanks again - we love our new S60!