Nelson Automotive

Nelson Automotive

1801 S Busse Rd, Mount Prospect, IL 60056

Used 866-627-1047

We are a different kind of dealer! That means: nice people, no BS, and fair dealing 100%.

review of Nelson Automotive

by from Arlington Heights, IL |

Purchasing a car for the first time can be an overwhelming experience for some people. However, I never felt that way when dealing with Mr. Nelson. He answered all of my questions completely in a professional manner. Mr. Nelson was helpful and kind throughout all of my dealings with him. He didn rush the process and he was very fair. I would recommend him to anyone interested in purchasing a new or used car. I am very happy with my first car. John Ziegenhorn, Arlington Heights, IL Eric Nelson's HeyCars business has been the only car dealership that I have dealt with in my life that I actually felt comfortable dealing with. It's also the only car dealership that I actually felt comfortable having my son John deal with on his own. HeyCars was recommended to me by a family member that had dealt with Eric in the past and who had spoken highly of Eric's integrity. His appraisal of HeyCars and Eric in particular was accurate in my opinion. We weren't subject to hard selling and exaggerated claims about the cars we were reviewing. Instead, my son and I were treated respectfully and intelligently and we paid what we felt was a very fair price for the car we purchased. That's exactly how the car purchasing process should work and we would gladly purchase cars from Eric and HeyCars again. I should also mention that after we agreed to purchase the car we worked with Eric's assistant, Matt Vogelzang, who was also great to deal with. Matt arranged for their mechanic to repair a few of the very minor issues with the car that were fully disclosed by both Eric and Matt prior to my son and I committing to the purchase. We're very happy with the car and the whole purchase and delivery process. Mark Ziegenhorn, Arlington Heights, IL

First time car buyer

by from Rolling Meadows, IL |

I have been searching for a used SUV for a very long time. I finally found the SUV I wanted at a great price and mileage, which happened to be at Nelson Automotive. I spoke with Matt on the phone and asked a few questions regarding the SUV, the next day I went to the dealership and went for a test drive, Matt was very helpful and had no issues whatsoever with me bringing the SUV to my own mechanic. The whole process was new to me because this was the first time I have bought a car, Matt made me feel very comfortable and even suggested a credit union that they frequently use to get me the lowest interest rate possible. I was happy to learn that they can provide warranties if you are interested. I am happy to say that Matt didn't waste my time and by the time it was all said and done I only spent about 3 hours Saturday morning finalizing the details and walked away with my dream car. Great customer service and honest people!

Superb Experience

by from Iowa City, IA |

We drove from Iowa City to IL to buy a car from Nelson Automotive. They made the trip well worth it. The price was unbelievable, and the service could not have been better. We got exactly what we wanted and were treated extremely well. I'd highly recommend them. We'll be headed back there the next time we need a car.

Surprised - in a GOOD way

by from Niles, IL |

I had discovered Nelson Automotive here on Cars.com. Also, a friend at work recommended I see them. I had the luxury of already having a car. But I was hoping to get into a better one. I went on a Friday night to check them out. I didn't plan to have leave with any car but the one I drove in with. To my UTTER delight... I was able to drive out of there in a car I've dreamed of owning - the Toyota Prius. I was supposed to meet with Matt but he had a customer, so I met with Eric. I'm sure Matt is awesome - we talked on the phone the day before and he was kind and helpful. Eric was, HANDS DOWN, amazing. Every single opportunity he could - he worked with me. More than once I felt a little like, "Um... is this all above board?" To be brutally honest - I can't answer that. But, my instinct tells me they are. This is a dealership that is simply in the business of selling cars. No gimmicks. No fancy place (in fact, it was even a bit "run down" in my opinion which is why I didn't give it 5 stars). I haven't had the opportunity to see how they do on repair. I can assure you, I will be giving them that opportunity though. I was also very impressed with how well Eric knew my Prius. After nearly 3 hours there (and I'm sure he wanted to get home as it was WAY after their closing time!) - he still spent 20 minutes with me going over the features of the car. He didn't consult the manual. He didn't hem and haw when I asked a question. He KNEW THE CAR. It's been a week now, and so far everything seems ok. Eric invited me to call with any questions, and I intend to do just that. Only time will really tell everything - but right now, consider me a VERY happy customer.

Excellent Service, Suspicious Stock

by from Glenview, IL |

Everything Eric says in his video is true, and the positive reviews of customers' excellent experiences with staff match my own. Matt was great; knowing I did not own a car coming in and that I had traveled by bus 12 miles to look at two cars I had examined online. After the test-drives, he dropped me off at my home on his way to drop the car off and meet his wife at my chosen mechanic in Glenview that evening. Truly five-star customer service. If I could give Matt more than five stars for that, I would.Sadly, if only the quality of the cars I looked at matched the quality of the sales staff, I would join the chorus of glowing reviews. I tested two cars while I was there. One had obvious problems, but the other seemed like an incredible steal. Unfortunately, it was all too incredible, as my mechanic confirmed my suspicion that it was a flood-damaged car, possibly caught in Hurricane Irene. Matt claimed that he had no idea and was stunned, but it was hard for me to believe him. I haven't owned a car for years, and he is a seasoned dealer. How could I have figured this out but not him?I like these guys and wish them well, but they need to be more careful about which cars they choose to sell. Excellent service can't compensate for a product that is lacking. If you choose to patronize this dealership, make sure you do your research and have your own trusted mechanic verify the car is in good working order before you buy.

Lexus 2000 es

by from Chicago |

I had a good experience at the dealership. The employes were very attentive and willing to negotiate. The cars were in very good condition.

Great place to do business. Would go here again.

by from Matteson,IL |

Very straight forward and proactive in making the deal a good one for the customer. The free Carfax report available on the site was my first clue that this may be a decent dealer. I was looking for an older used van and before I arrived they had already replaced the battery and wiper motors. They were quick to point out all of the flaws that they found with the vehicle over the phone before my arrival because I was coming from more than 40 miles away and didn't want to waste my time. When I expressed concern with an oil sheen I saw on the bottom of the engine, they put it up on the rack to assure me it was from an oil pan gasket and not something more serious. They even hooked it up to the diagnostic machine to get the codes for me. All this for an older vehicle priced well under Kelly Blue book value at $2k. I was impressed that they would put so much effort into selling something that they couldn't have been making much money from. When I'm looking for a better vehicle, I'll definitely see what they have available.

April 8, 2014

Thanks for your kind words. We do try to treat all of our customers with respect and honesty whether they are buying a two thousand dollar car or a twenty thousand dollar car. Thanks again for your purchase!

no deal

by from chicago, il |

even i didn't bought a car, it was a interesting and learning experience. i was looking for 2006 mercedes, but we couldn't get to a deal. the dealer looks trusty.

November 22, 2013

Thanks for coming in! Even though you didn't buy the car from us I'm glad that your experience was a positive one. We are always happy to explain the entire process and why things work as they do. Thanks again for coming in and recommending us.

didn't respond to e-mails on cars.com

by from chicago, il |

Sent e-mail through cars.com to Nelson about a car I was interested in, but I never received a response.

November 22, 2013

As a business owner it disappoints me anytime we receive a review anything less than 5 stars. So first, I would like to apologize that you did not receive the response to your inquiry. We have a process in place to make sure all email inquires are responded to within 12 hours, so for whatever reason you did not hear back from us I apologize. Cars.com makes it very easy for customers to email us, but it also relies on the accuracy of our customer when they enter in their email address. If an email address that is entered incorrect or incomplete we are unable to follow up with the inquiry. This may seem unlikely but several times a week we are sent incorrect or incomplete email addresses to respond to. We want to be easy to reach for any questions both during and after hours which is why both my personal cell phone (989.878.1616) and my managers personal cell phone (616.566.2907) numbers are listed online. In addition all dealership phone calls are routed to cell phones both before, during, and after normal business hours. Please feel free to contact us any time for immediate assistance. Again, I apologize that you did not get a response. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to earn your 100% satisfaction.

Matt's Great

by from chicago |

We were uneasy abut buying a used car, but Nelson Automotive was great. Especially Matt!

November 22, 2013

Thanks for the feedback! I try to only hire nice people and ones that will stick around for the long haul; Matt has been here for 5 years and he is a super helpful nice guy! Thanks again for the review.

Great experience

by from Bolingbrook, IL |

Eric and Matt were great to work with, and I love the car.

August 30, 2013

Susan, thanks so much for your Prius purchase. You too were great to work with! Let us know if you have any any questions, comments or concerns that we can help you with.