Midwest Ford Lincoln Toyota

(2.8) 4 Reviews

1100 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67502

Great Service

by from Buhler Ks |

We are looking for a car that will fit our son's needs but doesn't break his pocket book. Even though we were unable to find a car that our son liked, Phil McAimis went out of his way to help us. Thanks

Disappointed with Service at Midwest Toyota

by from Hutchinson, Kansas |

When we purchased out Sienna Van SE, the buying experience was quite good. However, the individuals involved in that process all left due to new management. My wife and I have had excellent service at this location for the past 22 years except for July 22-23, 2014. The tech doing the maintenance work, just checking the oil, not an oil change, added a minimum of three extra quarts of oil to the crankcase, bent the hood, left grease on the steering wheel and indicated the battery was fair, after he left the radio on while doing the work he did. The tech had worked there five days. When I asked him about his qualifications, the supervisor responsible for this person told him not to answer. She said she would check his work after I requested her to do so. Had she, she would have identified the excessive oil and this level of negligence could have been minimized. When the person in charge of the service department approached me, he was quite defensive and I lost my cool over his arrogant and righteous demeanor. The service manager I have dealt with for many years told me I had the right to be upset. He told me he would have the oil changed and filter after I requested this but I later learned the senior technician who was to check our car the third time was told to drain the oil, not change it. The van requires synthetic oil and no one knew the type of oil that had been put in the car. When the body shop replaced the entire hood, they did an excellent job. The body shop manager went overboard to make things right. He was the only one who did what he said he would do. He changed the oil and filter and test drove the car. I would urge anyone having their car serviced by Midwest Toyota from about July 17-22, 2014, check your oil. It is interesting that my battery was at 100% the following day when the senior technician checked the van over and he also filled the coolant and windshield wiper to the correct levels when the previous supervisor and tech said everything was okay. What occurred on July 22 and 23rd of July, 2014 constitutes "negligence". It should be mentioned that my wife and I were to leave on July 23, 2014 for a vacation but due to this negligence, we had to leave on the 25th of July. This vacation had been delayed for a year due to my wife's cancer and due to my health, this may be my last vacation. This added to my frustration in this entire manner.

Great Internet experience

by from Wichita, Kansas |

Used the Cars.com internet site and Midwest (Craig Brown) responded within two hours. We talked for 30 minutes and were able to get $4,000 off the sicker price on a 2013 Highlander. This is the second time we have bought from this dealership using the online system and Craig did a fantastic job both times (we bought a new 4Runner in 2009).

Treated like yesterdays garbage...

by from Hutchinson, KS |

Went in looking at a new 2012 Toyota Venza.... The sales staff was super pushy in regards to, buy it before a certain time of the day and take it home that day or I would be forced to wait till tomorrow. I felt as if that was their way of getting you in and out of the dealership. When making a big purchase decision, such as a vehicle, I don't want to be rushed. I don't feel that the sales staff knew much about the vehicle either. I felt that they had it on the lot, and they would do anything they could to sell it as soon as they could. The test drive that we wend on was literally around the block. They didn't allow me to take it on the highway, nothing. Very disappointing. The car itself was filthy on the outside as well. Just from sitting out on the lot, it wasn't pretty. The overall experience from Midwest Toyota was extremely poor and I won't be going back.

Midwest Ford Lincoln Toyota responded to this review

July 31, 2012

Hi, my name is John Manley and I'm the internet manager for Midwest Superstore. I would like to speak with you about the visit you had with the store and what sales consultant you worked with in order to handle your bad experience. I apologize for you feeling that way after you left the dealership. That is not the way we do business here and I will make sure I speak with the individual that assisted you. I will be more than happy to work with you personally to make your experience a pleasant one if you will allow me to assist you. I can be reached at (800) 530-5789 or via email at johnm@midwestsuperstore.com