Raceway Ford

(4.0) 3 Reviews

701 S Governor Williams Hwy, Darlington, SC 29532

Would not recommend Raceway Ford.

by from Florence, SC |

I went into this dealership looking for more of a luxury trim 2014 F150. The service was fair until the buying/financing process came into play. Then the stereotypical car salesman tactics kicked in. The truck I wanted was not on their lot, but they could obtain it. They said only two of these trucks were available, which I already knew was untrue based on researching other dealers across the Southeast. Then the price offered was over $5000 more than I paid from another dealer where I actually bought the truck. I knew what the inventory price was and was asking for a fair price in between inventory and MSRP. I wanted to negotiate the price and asked if they could work with me on it, but they kept the same price and only stretched out the months of financing to near 90 months. I was walking out, and they told me they were just trying to give me what I wanted. However, I told them what I wanted, and they said I would need to drop down to a lower level trim to obtain what I wanted, which was untrue as I got what I wanted at another dealer. They attempted to call me several times afterwards, and after I explained this to them, they gave up on the sale. Bottom line - Do your research. Know your car's trade in value. Know what the dealer pays for the vehicle you want. So you know if you are getting a good deal or if a dealer is being deceptive. I will never shop here or recommend them to anyone based on their tactics. I went to a bigger city (which I highly recommend when shopping for a new vehicle...they are more competitive) and got a better price than I even hoped for, great customer service, and a hassle free process.

Raceway Ford responded to this review

May 21, 2014

Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at Raceway Ford of Darlington. This is not the typical practice of our sales team and we pride ourselves in our above average customer satisfaction ratings and current market penetration, which exceeds the Ford standard. As a smaller volume dealer, we may not have the variety as many larger, big city, dealers may stock however with our significant lower overhead, we are able to price them lower, saving our customer even more. The cost of a vehicle is the same at any dealership and we can conveniently bring into our inventory any vehicle desired, should we not have it on the lot. The key difference is with a lower overhead, we can price them less. Again, our apologies for the unfortunate experience you had while visiting us. We have addressed your concern with our sales team in an effort to ensure such practices do not occur again.

Great Experience!

by from Hartsville, SC |

Purchased a car from there last week. Great experience from the time we walked on the lot. They even helped us set it up for a surprise Christmas delivery!

BMW 318ic

by from Wilmington,NC |

Searched on my Android for a car for my son. Within a few min of finding the car and contacting dealer though cars.com we made a deal then pick up the car the next day. very good process.