Suds Motors

1430 Fort Jesse Rd, Normal, IL 61761

Used 309-454-1101

Grossinger no better than Suds

by from Bloomington, IL |

Called to set up an appointment for a 4 wheel aliment. Talked to someone in the office who did know the price of the service requested. She transferred me to service, which did not answer. After being transferred again the man in service did not know the price or did not even seem to know what was going on. Three times he asked the year of my vehicle. The guy said he had been there only two days. A week or so ago I had been the dealership in person and the woman I talked to had only been there a week.

Grossinger no better than Suds

by from Bloomington, IL |

Best Dealer in Central Illinois!!

by from Bloomington IL |

Service my Subaru there and bought an other pre-owned car for my family. Joy to work with a family business that cares about their community and has ethics!!! Did not over charge and had a friendly staff. Didn't like Bob the manager attitude but other than that was a great experience.

Can not trust vehicle service department

by from Bloomington, IL |

We purchased our 2010 Tiguan from this dealer and we have always had it serviced there. We thought we were dealing with a trustworthy shop. While on vacation this winter we learned that an important maintenance procedure for HALDEX Clutch system was not performed at 40K service. A kind mechanic at another VW shop informed us of this concern. We checked our Suds receipt to confirm and sure enough we requested 40K service but looks like we paid $322 for an oil change and test drive. This shop will never touch our car again, and I suggest all owners of VW, Subaru, and Audi's also check their owners manual and records for proper maintenance.

Ditto to what Laurissa from Normal said...

by from Bloomington, IL |

Went to Suds to buy our second Subaru. We knew exactly what we wanted. The salesman was fine, but the sales manager offended us deeply - treating us rudely and as though we were stupid. The next day I drove 90 miles and home with the vehicle we wanted for more than $1000 less than the "best we will possibly get." It's too bad, because I desire to buy local.

Excellent service in repairing a Volvo tire

by from Springfield, IL |

I had an emergency when, while driving from Springfield to Chicago, a tire's valve stem broke off when I attempted to add air. The service staff acted swiftly and courteously to replace the item. While they did so, I ate breakfast at t comfortable, large, well-stocked customer waiting room. I was especially impressed with the friendly courtesy extended by David Jacobs.

Suds Motors responded to this review

February 26, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! I will make sure our service department sees your review. However, in the future, please remember that the more stars, the better, not the other way around.

Don't ever step in this facility

by from Normal, IL |

They are the worst dealers for Service/Buying/Selling cars in town. I came in at right time for an appointment to reprogram for newly replaced part, First I had to wait 40 mins for the courtesy drop off, later they charged me an hour labor fee without fixing my problem blaming the newly installed part is faulty and worst part they charged me 19.99 for a complimentary car wash.........,.which is outrageous. I ended spending 125$ for nothing...............Pls don't ever visit this facility.

Jetta TDI

by from Decatur, Il |

I bought a used VW Jetta TDI, a one owner, bought new and serviced at Suds. So far the trading/buying process was great, I got very close to what I wanted in my trade. Mark was great, and I did not feel pressured at all, very comfortable. I am recently retired, and my income is not what it was, so am pleased with the dealership, and sale.

Best Experience Buying and Servicing My VW

by from Bloomington IL |

The staff at Sud's is honest and straightforward - bought my second car there have had the first one serviced there for 3 years - nice people - good neighbors just like State Farm

Very Unhappy with Hard Sell Approach

by from Normal, IL |

I had heard a lot of horror stories, and then I got to experience for myself. I was pretty set on a Subaru Forester. The dealer refused to sell me anything except what was already on the lot. They also used the hard sell approach, pretending they were giving me a great deal when they were still above the MSRP. I am sure I could have argued them down to a more reasonable price, but I was too disgusted by the whole process to continue. I went to one of the 3 other Subaru dealers within 60 miles and was able to purchase the exact vehicle I wanted without all the games.