Suds Motors

1430 Fort Jesse Rd, Normal, IL 61761

Can not trust vehicle service department

by from Bloomington, IL |

We purchased our 2010 Tiguan from this dealer and we have always had it serviced there. We thought we were dealing with a trustworthy shop. While on vacation this winter we learned that an important maintenance procedure for HALDEX Clutch system was not performed at 40K service. A kind mechanic at another VW shop informed us of this concern. We checked our Suds receipt to confirm and sure enough we requested 40K service but looks like we paid $322 for an oil change and test drive. This shop will never touch our car again, and I suggest all owners of VW, Subaru, and Audi's also check their owners manual and records for proper maintenance.

Ditto to what Laurissa from Normal said...

by from Bloomington, IL |

Went to Suds to buy our second Subaru. We knew exactly what we wanted. The salesman was fine, but the sales manager offended us deeply - treating us rudely and as though we were stupid. The next day I drove 90 miles and home with the vehicle we wanted for more than $1000 less than the "best we will possibly get." It's too bad, because I desire to buy local.

Excellent service in repairing a Volvo tire

by from Springfield, IL |

I had an emergency when, while driving from Springfield to Chicago, a tire's valve stem broke off when I attempted to add air. The service staff acted swiftly and courteously to replace the item. While they did so, I ate breakfast at t comfortable, large, well-stocked customer waiting room. I was especially impressed with the friendly courtesy extended by David Jacobs.

Suds Motors responded to this review

February 26, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! I will make sure our service department sees your review. However, in the future, please remember that the more stars, the better, not the other way around.

Don't ever step in this facility

by from Normal, IL |

They are the worst dealers for Service/Buying/Selling cars in town. I came in at right time for an appointment to reprogram for newly replaced part, First I had to wait 40 mins for the courtesy drop off, later they charged me an hour labor fee without fixing my problem blaming the newly installed part is faulty and worst part they charged me 19.99 for a complimentary car wash.........,.which is outrageous. I ended spending 125$ for nothing...............Pls don't ever visit this facility.

Jetta TDI

by from Decatur, Il |

I bought a used VW Jetta TDI, a one owner, bought new and serviced at Suds. So far the trading/buying process was great, I got very close to what I wanted in my trade. Mark was great, and I did not feel pressured at all, very comfortable. I am recently retired, and my income is not what it was, so am pleased with the dealership, and sale.

Best Experience Buying and Servicing My VW

by from Bloomington IL |

The staff at Sud's is honest and straightforward - bought my second car there have had the first one serviced there for 3 years - nice people - good neighbors just like State Farm

Very Unhappy with Hard Sell Approach

by from Normal, IL |

I had heard a lot of horror stories, and then I got to experience for myself. I was pretty set on a Subaru Forester. The dealer refused to sell me anything except what was already on the lot. They also used the hard sell approach, pretending they were giving me a great deal when they were still above the MSRP. I am sure I could have argued them down to a more reasonable price, but I was too disgusted by the whole process to continue. I went to one of the 3 other Subaru dealers within 60 miles and was able to purchase the exact vehicle I wanted without all the games.

Good experience

by from Normal, IL |

Went to Suds to look at a Tribeca that was just the like one i saw advertised on cars.com that was at a dealership in Springfield. I live in Normal so I was hoping to buy locally. I talked to Paul at Suds. Paul could not match the price on the Tribeca that the dealer in Springfiled had quoted me but he was very upfront and honest about it. Paul told me to call him when I made the deal in Springfiled and he would confirm whether I was actually getting a good deal or not. Well, we looked at the Tribeca in Springfield however it was just really not what we wanted. They did have a new Outback Limited for sale there and my wife and I both really liked it. We worked some numbers up with the salesman then I called Paul back at Suds to see if he had one like it. Paul said that Suds did not have an Outback Limited and he didn't think he could even get one but that the dealer in Springfiled was giving me a good deal on it. After receiving the confirmation from Paul, I did go ahead and but the Subaru. I will definitely be getting the Outback serviced at Suds and will look there again when I am ready to trade cars again in the future.

Great Buying Experience with Harris

by from Bloomington, IL |

Harris Sud was personable and made the buying experience easy; I love my new mercedes E-class from Sud's.

Great Experience

by from Bloomington, IL |

I purchased a Passat from Suds about 12 years ago, and went in with my son for a test drive of a new 2013. I left with a purchase agreement and picked the car up a couple days later. I must say I've purchased 13 new cars in the past 20 years that I've been in Bloomington and this purchase tops the list as far as ease of negotiation, friendliness of salesmen and overall experience. I love the Passat TDi, very happy with the purchase and am getting about 42mpg average. Mark Brumfield was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this dealership.