Hall Hyundai Newport News

12872 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23608

New 888-479-1974
Used 888-644-0393
Service 866-406-1464

We will not be undersold........More Cars Great People!

Parts Customer Service

by from Williamsburg, VA |

Ordered some parts on July 1, 2014, was told they would be in July 3, 2014 and that I would receive a call. On July 7, 2024 I had to call the Hall Hyundai Newport News Parts Department and Rick stated the parts are in and they FAILED to call! Poor Customer Service!!!

Hall Hyundai Newport News responded to this review

July 10, 2014

At Hall Hyundai Newport News we strive to provide you with the best possible customer service. I apologize that you were not contacted in a timely manner when your parts arrived. I am looking in to this matter personally and will follow-up with the appropriate staff members. Due to your lack of identifying information I am unable to ascertain which customer you are. Please contact me at 757-243-2000, as I take your concerns very seriously and would like a chance to discuss this with you. Thank you, Don Malizia, Parts Manager, Hall Hyundai Newport News

Superior Customer Care without Even Asking for It

by from Hayes, VA |

This is a followup to my review I submitted two weeks ago on a 2013 Azera I am leasing from Hall Hyundai Newport News , VA (for less than my cable bill). I noticed some deep scratches on the front hood two days AFTER I leased the car. I was concerned and took it in to the dealer for some local work. But after the local repair guy did "his thing" both my service tech Brenda Messer and salesman Jamie Cornette agreed that more needed to be done...to get it perfect. I was offered a loaner, my car was picked up from my driveway, loaded on a lowbed tow truck it was sent to a body shop 30 miles away, and returned to me within three days. I never had to ask them to fix the scratches (redid the entire front hood) they just did and returned the car to me in pristine condition with a tube of fix it paint thrown in. My hats off to Halls Service Manager Craig Brown and his team especially Brenda Messer. She is the main reason I have bought four cars from this dealership in 5 years...once you meet her and have her work for you you will know what I am talking about.

Great Deal on a 2013 Lease

by from Gloucester, VA |

Great Deal on a 2013 Azera Lease Last week dropping in for a warranty service request on my 2013 Sonata. I left with a loaner Azera and ended up leasing the white 2013 Azera. I was not really looking at trading in a 2013 Sonata for a bigger and better Azera but once the lease numbers were passed to me -- with no money down and my trade, it came to less than my monthly COX Communications bill. I could not resist that monthly bill for what i was getting a very nice near luxury sedan. The Hall Hyundai sale staff were very easy to work with and I even got some breaks (at least I think I didi). This is my fourth car from this dealership since 2010. Jamie Cornette was my salesman and I would recommend him to any friend. He of course wants to make some money off of you but is knowledgeable, reasonable and very pleasent to work with and gave me a sincere impression of wanting to make me happy with the new 2013 Azera. He did and I am sure if any issues crop up he will be on my side.

A great experience

by from Hampton Roads Area, VA |

Hall Hyundai made the car buying process easy and low stress! We started out at Hall Ford where the service could have been better, so we sought out Hall Hyundai next door. From the time we stepped in the door, it was a pleasant atmosphere - not at all what I expected from a car dealership. We were greeted by numerous staff members, yet no one ran over and tried to put us in a car we couldn't afford. Everyone was professional, helpful, and down-to-earth - from the sales staff to the new finance guy to the sales manager. Ashley Cline was a great pleasure to work with. She helped us find a financing plan to meet our needs and was able to explain the ins and outs of the buying process. It was a really stressful time for us, but she put us at ease and assured us that she would find a deal that would work with our budget. They are very lucky to have her. Thanks also to David Gosslyn who helped us understand the Hyundai certification process and influenced our decision to buy our car from Hall Hyundai.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from Williamsburg, Virginia |

After buying a 2014 Santa Fe from Hall Hyundai, they were suppose to transfer my vehicle tags from the old car to the new car. Well they transferred my vehicle tags to the wrong county in Virginia and I received a tax bill from the new county! Then when I called the General Manager ( Mr. Scott Buckley) at Hall Hyundai and explained the situation, he stated he would research what had to be done and call me back. After two days of waiting no call back and I keep leaving messages on his voice mail! Also I talked to the Finance Manager (James) and he stated he did not submit the paperwork wrong, yet he's the responsible person for doing ALL the paperwork!

HALL HYUNDAI NIGHTMARE

by from Newport News, Virginia |

My wife and I have been loyal Hyundai car owner's until now! The customer service at Hall Hyundai is TERRIBLE! The General Manager and his New Car Sales Manager don't followup or keep their word during the sales and delivery process! The Finance Department fails to date the paperwork correctly and we had to come back to resign the paperwork! The Hall Auto Group Regional General Manager and President won't return phone calls, because they don't want to hear about the TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Between the Sales Department and Parts Department there was a constant conflict of what accessories you could buy for a 2014 Santa Fe, neither really knows! The customer is not the priority when buying a car from Hall Hyundai!

Great Experience

by from Hampton, VA |

My experience with Hall Hyundai Newport News was very pleasant. Ashley was so sweet and helpful. Eddie and John helped me a lot with getting me approved with no $ down. They even gave me a higher trade in value than I expected on my 2003 Saturn Ion. We spent about 3 hours in the car dealership, which to my understanding is pretty average. I had the opportunity to test the new car before I drove off the lot. Ashley even took the time to show me how to set up my Bluetooth. I would definitely recomment Hall Hyundai...I was very nervous, and they made me feel at ease. I'm loving my new ride...2011 Hybrid Hyundai Sonata :)

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from williamsburg,va |

I email this company on 11/3/2013 around 630pm about the 2000 olds intrigue. At 920am 11/4/2013 I received two calls asking me to come look at it. I was grateful because i need/wanted it. I setup a appointment got there, it was gone...CASH IN HAND...2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue 4dr Sdn GLS WAS SOLD 11/3/2013 WILL NEVER SHOP OR SEND ANYONE TO THIS DEALERSHIP

Hall Hyundai Newport News responded to this review

November 6, 2013

Hall Hyundai Newport News apologizes for the confusion surrounding the Intrigue. It appears as though there was a miscommunication on our end. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to correct this situation by locating a similar vehicle for you. Please contact me directly at 757-989-5700. Thank you, Mark Sands, General Manager.

Teacher

by from Yorktown, VA |

There's no other dealership like Hall Hyundai in Newport News, VA! If you want service go get there. They are honest and want to give you what you want and can afford. Go see them!

The service department is outstanding......

by from King and Queen county Va |

There are other dealerships that could learn something form Hall Hyundai Service department. There is normally two reasons to use the service department, maintenance or ya broke something. In my case the bearing went out in my A/C unit. Summertime 91, need I say more. I called, they said; sure Com-on down... I did three hours later, done!! Now considering I live 45 miles from Hall;, what you say? Why not use someone closer? really ? HA; I am spoiled with the service department at Hall Hyundai. The whole team; Craig Brown, Brenda, Chris, (my adviser) all just great people I have been there many times and will continue to return.... oh, go bean town...................