Carmack Car Capitol

3724 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832

Buyer Be Ware

by from small town indiana |

We purchased a used top of the line vehicle from Carmack in August of 2011... Shortly after we found out the spare had a huge slash in it as it was laying face down in the storage area... No response from them... Less than a month later the Transmission starting slipping... It was sorry about your bad luck... Yesterday we found out why! ... In getting ready to trade at a reputable dealer in Lafayette Indiana they ran a carfax on our trade in and Guess What! The odometer had been replaced and Was Not Actual Mileage... It had been Wrecked in 2003 and Rolled in 2011 and found that the support was Deemed Unsafe! Also we were Not the second owners, but the third! I thought all this was illegal and I guess I'll find out when we contact the State... Just Beware before you buy!

January 1, 2014

This does sound frustrating; as the General Manager I want all our customers to be 100% happy! Please feel free to contact me at 800-369-6803 or at jt@carmackcars.com.

Disappointed in horrible treatment

by from Danville, Illinois |

This place has gone down hill! I have purchased 3 prior vehicles from Carmack. I was always pleased with the non-pressure sales staff, and I had hoped to continue to do business. I went to Carmack on N. Vermilion earlier in the week to inquire about a car. I could not find a saleperson. As I was about to leave, someone finally asked if I could be helped. I told him the vehicle I was interested in. He said "nope, it's been sold". I thanked him and left. I went back today to look at another vehicle. THe vehicle that I looked at was dirty and smelled strongly of smoke. I test drove another vehicle, which also had an odor about it. I had brought my own financing and we sat down to discuss the cars. First of all, the sales man was pushy and didn't seem to know his stock. It's a shame when I was able to tell HIM more about the vehicle! I had pointed out that I had looked at a similar vehicle that was a year newer, with 20,000 fewer miles at it was the same price at another dealership. The salesman had to keep going and talking to the business manager. The price was non negiotiable. They also insisted on taking my personal information fo a credit check. I said no because I had my own financing (and a check from the finance company in hand). The finance manager informed me that I would not be driving away in a vehicle form the lot until they ran a credit check and collected my other information. He already had a conversation with me in the middle of the showroom floor claiming he already knew my credit score was --- (and proceded to announce it to the showroom) So much for privacy!!! I left immediately. I will not be purchasing a 4th vehicle from this dealership and I am strongly encouraging friends and family to avoid this place at all costs. 2 of the 3 previous sales people that had helped me were not there anymore. The new staff they have are a joke! I'm not exactly sure what is going on at Carmack, but I am highly disappointed. Like I previously said, there will be no future car purchases from me!

Excellant Service

by from Sidney, Illinois |

Purchased used Honda Pilot from private owner. Carmack takes very good care of me and my car. They provide service as if I Purchased my car from them. the service managers are honest and easy to work with. The estimates are spot on. Repairs for me have usually taken less time than estimated. Costs are much more affordable than the Honda dealer nearer to me. PC12312011

April 19, 2013

Thank you for patronage!

Beer in vehicle

by from danville il |

I went to Carmack looking for a newer car well the first vehicle They had Me look at was a Chevy cobalt, not bad but as soon as I opened the door on this car there was a cup of beer sitting in the cup holder, To make matters worse when I took it to them all they did was pour it out and act like it was a everyday thing (I guess they allow drinking and driving). Then they have me look at another one that was way too dirty to even be on their lot for sale. Will not be back here.......

December 26, 2012

I apologies that your first visit to Carmack did not meet your standards or ours. Thank you for being a part of the Carmack Family..Enjoy your Elantra and Happy Driving!

excellent service as always!

by from catlin, IL |

I have been going to Carmack Car Capitol for many years now; the service is great, and the staff are competent, professional, courteous , helpful and quite skilled!

UNDISCLOSED ISSUES

by from somewhere |

We purchased a used vehicle several years ago and was very pleased. So when we went looking again we headed for Carmack. This time our experience was very disappointing. 1st we were told an extra key would be provided, when we came to get it we were then told it was not part of the deal. Less than a week later an expensive sensor went out,then in going to air our spare tire (which was laying facing down in cubby)we found it had a large slash and would never hold air and finally it was right to the dead line of our drive way sticker expiring before we recieved our title! Interesting how things change in just the course of a few years.

it was great and bill lucas was great to work with

by from ridge farm illinois |

and made the car buying expierenc fun and would but and deal with him again

July 17, 2012

I am glad Bill was able to make the car buying experience a fun one! Thank you!

Bill Lucas was an excellent sales person.

by from Urbana,IL |

The process of buying a new car was made so easy by the people at this dealership. From the salesperson to the financial person.

June 19, 2012

Thank you! Enjoy your new Honda!

carmack honda danville IL

by from danville il |

Barry did a very nice for us tonight. thank you for staying late.

June 19, 2012

Thank you! We stay late whenever its needed.

Thanks to Barry Elliot

by from Danville, IL |

My trade-in was a 2006 and getting high on miles, so I started to research new and used vehicles online. Once I narrowed my research to the Honda CRV, I went directly to Carmack as I had worked with them in the past. Barry Elliot has always been my salesman and he was instrumental in making my buying experience go smoothly and stress free. Barry is extremely helpful, worked with me to get the price right, to get a good value for my trade-in and, even after my online research, he was extremely helpful with instruction on the new vehicle. Thanks Barry.

June 19, 2012

Enjoy your CRV, excellent vehicle choice! Thank you.