North Texas Truck Stop

8321 Rendon Bloodworth Rd, Mansfield, TX 76063

Beware Tfhey are USED truck salesmen

by from Lewiston, Id |

Bought a 2009 F250 . They were very good at showing the trucks and letting me do several test drives. Truck looked really nice and they said every thing worked and the truck had no issues. I drove it to Idaho and the fuel pump went out which is not their fault but expensive. Also the AC did not work and the window washer didn't work. I had checked the car fax report and it didn't show any issues. I have found that it has been in a front end accident which has destroyed the AC and probably the reason the washer doesn't work. Be careful and have anything you buy from them checked very well.

Ray say buy

by from Tyler, tx |

Bought a Ford F250 from Ben yesterday. He was beyond helpful, courteous, and respectful. He helped me with every issue that we had, and I appreciate him doing so. These guys were above board with me, and I will do business again. Thanks

Be very careful they will sell, not help you buy.

by from Burton B.C. |

I had been looking for just this truck for a while, the most important item being it had to be able to carry a 5000 lb, payload in the form of a Slide in Camper. I had "Dave" as a salesman, he gave a walkthrough over the phone on a windy afternoon, the only flaw was rock chips he said which were "Wonderfully" repaired, you can hardly see them he said. I told him the truck was going to be used to carry a large heavy camper and had to be able to carry 5000 lbs inferring the sale would hinge on that. The other issue was he said the tires were miss matched and read off the sizes which I took as being slightly taller, that I could live with. Other than that the truck was as advertised. Armed with this I sent it off to inspection and had it completely serviced ( $ 750.00 ). The service showed the Wonderful paint chip repair maybe wasn't so wonderful but I was somewhat committed so I flew down to see the truck myself. The paint chip repair didn't look to bad but the tires that were brand new ( installed by them I think) were so wide they were almost touching on the rear duals... The tires were way to wide for the rims and a complete safety hazard, after some haggling NTTS did kick in $ 200 and I kept the tires that were taken off the truck. BUT there were quite prepared to sell the truck with this safety issue... After I got it home the magnitude of their terrible repair to the Rock Chips came evident, they just sprayed over the whole area, no filler, now that there is some road grime in the craters the box looks terrible... There is overspray all over the fenders, and the box protector where they sprayed black paint ( the truck is white) to " make it look good for the pictures" Back to the weight carrying capacity, posted right in the glove box is a notice, Weight Carrying Capacity 4100 lbs!!!!! One would think a salesman with 16 years experience would know where this was posted by G.M wouldn't you. Now I will be still overloaded with my camper on . I contacted NTTS and my salesman with my concerns and did not even get the courtesy of a reply.... Some of this I accept responsibility, which is why I said in my opening, BE CAREFUL, THEY WILL SELL NOT HELP YOU BUY. This is part of the problem when NTTS has 100% commissioned sales people. NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP I challenge you to respond truthfully as I have.

Terrible services misleading pictures

by from Illinois |

Went to look at a truck. Pictures on web looked nice. Drove 16 hours and spent 600+ dollars in diesel to look at what looked like a nice truck in the pictures. Get to the dealership truck has scratches covered with touch up paint. The salesmen told me it had light rock chips. Scratches were everywhere. Horrible job trying to cover scratches. Heated seats didn't even work. Ac controls colored in with a sharpie. All the buttons stuck. Pulled out cup holder and there were razor blades and stains. Went out test drove the truck. Motor ran good. Go inside to talk first thing the sales person asked was do you have the check ready. Then called to get my 500 dollar deposit back and the sales person who told us he would wait around was "gone". Called his cell phone no response. Then called back at 630 30 minuets before they closed to talk to the boss/ manager who was "gone".

No problems at this dealership. Good experience.

by from Belgrade, Montana |

Bought a 2012 Ram 3500 6.7 in 2013. This truck had no issues and was as represented. My salesman was Nathan and was very helpful. I travel and was not even there to pick it up. In fact, I bought site unseen and did not test drive. I now have put 65000 miles on this truck with no issues at all. Great truck, great dealership, and Nathan was a great representitive of this dealership. I will buy from them again with no hesitation. However you are buying a used truck and should chedk it out. They are used and you never know for sure, but this is the same with new.

POOR SERVICE

by from DODGE CITY |

NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP IS A USED TRUCK DEALERSHIP CARES ABOUT SELLING TRUCKS! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU BUY! ALL THEY CAN SAY IS BROTHER THIS BROTHER THAT! NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS DUMP!

Get it thoroughly inspected!!

by from Houston |

I had posted earlier about a 2007 5.9 dodge I had purchased from NTTS. The truck had a bad water pump, and the A/c had a major leak, however it was doctored up prior to the purchase. I took the truck to get these items repaired, and also service the transmission while it was there. After a couple days the owner of the well respected diesel shop performing the repairs call me. He said he could change the fluid and filter in the transmission, but the tranny was gonna go out more than likely within 1-2000 miles. There were large metal fragments in the bottom of the pan, and the clutches were burnt up! The tranny alone was $2900.00. I highly recommend a detailed inspection when buying from these guys . Have mechanic drop the tranny pan and see what's in there. I paid to have mine inspected, but they didn't do that. I also believe the tranny fluid was changed prior to me buying the truck. Since I fixed all the issues that came up with the truck(I only put 600 miles on it). I have spent an additional $4000.00 on top of the price of the truck. I would have had better luck buying from an individual. These guys know all the tricks of the trade!!

Get it Inspected.

by from Houston, Tx |

I bought a 2007 Dodge 2500 Cummins from them in August 2013. The truck had 100,000 miles on it and looked great inside and out. I also had it inspected by a Diesel shop not far from them. Inspector said the front end needed some work, and North Texas Truck Stop had agreed to pay to have it fixed. Other than that he said the truck was in good shape. Well, its a month later and the A/C doesnt work.(leaks freon out in a couple days). The waterpump is starting to weep coolant also. (That wouldve been hard to tell when the A/C was working when I bought it) I asked for the receipt done on the front end work and they gave it to me when I bought the truck. I noticed the Shop who inspected it charged them for freon on the receipt?? I also learned that very shop is where they send there trucks to get worked on. Sounds like a big conflict of interest to me. I paid more than book value for the truck thinking I was getting something in great shape, now it will cost me $1200-$1500 right off that bat in order to get it right. Do they have nice looking trucks there? Absolutely. Are they truthful about what they're selling you? I dont believe so.

A Great Place to do Business

by from Albany, NY |

We bought 2005 Dodge Ram. We flew into Dallas airport & they arranged to pick us up. The pick-up truck was exactly as described. We are very happy with it. The service was great. We had been a little nervous about buying truck unseen when we were in upstate NY & they were in TX. They are real professionals there. They took extra pictures of engine & under carriage & sent it to us. they let us keep truck there for 1 month until we could come down & pick it up. The facility was real high class. Much thanks to Dave Michener!

Great Service

by from Louisville, KY |

I bought a 2006 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax Diesel a few months ago.I have had no problems and I am very happy with my purchase. My salesman's name was Nathan and in my book he went above and beyond the call of duty. If I ever go to purchase another used truck, it will be from North Texas Truck Stop. Those guys were great, up front, and honest. My truck was exactky what they said. Thanks again for the great service and making the transaction simple.