McGrath Volkswagen

1190 Boyson Rd, Hiawatha, IA 52233

A Fair Deal Without a Lot of Hassle

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

My wife and I just purchased our third car from Volkswagen of Cedar Rapids. We worked with Alan Makabi and Evan Farfarus. Both were knowledgable, hard working but not high pressure. That means a lot to us. Also, every time we bought a new car we had an old one as a trade-in and every time they gave us a fair price for the trade in the first time - we didn?t have to haggle to get what our trade-in was worth. Some of the other dealers in CR really make you fight to get a fair deal. Overall a really good dealership that I have recommended to both my friends and family.

McGrath Volkswagen responded to this review

February 1, 2015

Doug and Mary- It our pleasure to have you as part of the Vw family. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Enjoy your Beetles....

That was fun, Jim Scanlon!

by from NE Iowa |

After about four weeks of uber-shopping in person and on the 'net, and nearly writing a check for a Fusion, I decided I'd better drive the 80 miles to see if I still loved (and could afford) a Volkswagen. Jim Scanlon had the 3 cars I called about warmed up and ready to go last night (in the beautiful 15 degree weather). All things being equal, it was a really a tough choice because he did NOT pressure me on any of them--even though it was closing time. I wasn't intimidated when it came time to talk numbers, which surprised the heck out me. Phil the finance guru stuck around to calmly answer the boring money inquiries--thanks, Phil. It was so much serious fun, you HAVE to make a visit to see what's new AND old. Because I went alone, I will go back pick up my WorldAuto Certified Tornado Red GLI in a couple of days. Thanks again, Jim. I will see you soon!

Bad maintance department

by from Cedar Rapids iowa |

Maintance department is terrible, you always have to second guess there work. We have been going there a little over a year and we have had nothing but trouble! I do not recommend this maintance department at all not even for a oil change! I've never been happy every time I leave never happy! First this all started when we had a diesel smell coming into our car it took them four trips to figure it out and they didn't even figure it out it was my brother who told me what it was and then I had to tell them! Just ridiculous! Bad service department. Many more incidents I could go on!

great people to deal with

by from Albert Lea, MN |

We drove three hours to check out a car that was traded in there that we saw online. They held the car for five days for us to make the trip. When we arrived it was raining and they had the car parked under the overhang so we wouldn't get too wet while looking around at the exterior. They were super patient and accommodating with our rambunctious two year old running around after the long drive. I would drive three hours again to purchase another car from them in the future!

McGrath Volkswagen responded to this review

June 13, 2014

Thank you again for your business and making thee drive from MN. We look forward to helping your family on the next vehicle.

Not Pleased

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

During replacement of flow sensors for turbo, the air filter housing was broken. VW CR did not fix it and did not inform me of the damage, I discovered the damage several months later. A replacement part is $300+.

Great experience

by from Cedar Rapids Iowa |

We had a very good experience and a knowledgeable sales staff who was easy to work with

Great Place to buy a car

by from Cedar rapids |

This is a good place to purchase a vehicle. The VW staff was helpful and they were not too pushy. I am pleased with working with the staff of this VW store when looking for a new vehicle. I ill reccomend this dealership to others for sure.

Sales representative

by from Cedar rapids, ia |

The dealership was very nice but our experience with a sales rep left a very bad impression. This person was overly attentitive that made us uncomfortable. This person got into our car we were trading in without permission and went through our stuff to put into the new vehicle. I thought this was very inappropriate. This sales rep also kept separating us which also made us unhappy with the experience. I'm sure this does not speak for all sales reps but I wouldn't reccomend this person to anyone else.

Used truck

by from Cedar Rapids |

Martin sold me a '07 Dodge Ram that I am very happy with. He was easy going and we made the deal quick. Bonus was they filled the gas tank.

jetta

by from Farley Iowa |

Lonny Cameron did an awesome job in helping us locate the Jetta that we were looking for. Very pleased with his ability to communicate and answer our questions. We have already recommend this dealership, this particular car and Lonny to several of our friends. I love the car as do my two teenage daughters.