Garvey Hyundai

257 Dix Ave, Queensbury, NY 12804

Garvey Hyundai walked on water

by from Gardner, MA |

From start to finish, sales consultant Mark Goodwin, and the rest of the Garvey Hyundai team, were True Blue in my purchase of a new Genesis coupe. The bar was set extraordinarily high, with huge potential for screw-ups of every possible type, because I live nearly 200 miles away ? in central Massachusetts ? and could only afford the time to make a single trip to the dealership: the day I would drive the car off the lot and home. Who in his right mind would make a purchase of this magnitude, totally sight unseen, and trusting a car dealer to deliver every scintilla of what was promised ? with zero tolerance for any hint of bait-and-switch, misleading statements, or even the simplest logistical gaffe that could result in a wasted 7-hour round trip? Answer: a psychiatrist like me, willing to trust his instincts about the character and credibility of a voice on the other end of a phone, email, or text message exchange. Mark Goodwin and Garvey promised the deepest discount within hundreds of miles ? and came in nearly $2000 lower than the most aggressive competing dealership. (One dealer, in bowing out, texted me that Garvey's deal was "AMAZING". Most dealers that Garvey's deal was "too good to be true", and "guaranteed to be bait and switch". It was neither.) The vehicle was delivered in immaculate condition, and ready to drive home at the "AMAZING" price I was promised. No dealer packs, no add-ons, no nonsense. Every aspect of the transaction ? from negotiating price, to arranging financing, to registering the vehicle out-of-state, to scheduling an exact time for pickup at the end of my 3 1/2 hour trip, went like Swiss clockwork. Not to mention that Mark and finance guru Don Carlino were consummately professional, courteous, friendly and responsive throughout two weeks of intense back-and-forth exchanges ? and relentless demands on my part for reassurance that everything would be precisely as per my expectations. Mark even responded promptly to anxious emails and texts from me at midnight, from his own home! This was a 4-star experience in all respects. Unless some dealer closer to home picks up the gauntlet that Mark and Garvey have thrown down decisively, I will be making the trip to Queensbury every time I am in the market for a new vehicle. I'd be crazy not to.

Great experience

by from East Greenbush, NY |

So happy with my buying experiences. I purchased 1 new and 1 used car in the last 6 months. Bill Albrecht was the best car salesperson I have ever dealt with. Not a fast talking schmoozer. He is a facts based salesperson who is very personable without the "car salesperson" shtick. I felt like I was buy a car from a friend.....and I got a great pricing. I checked with every Hyundai Dealership within a 2 hour drive and none would even match the pricing.

service department previous reviw by barryb

by from schenectady ny |

On a previous review on 3/25/15 by barryb garvey did respond on 4/2/15. They are going to pay for a repair that I had done at another shop. Since I live far from there dealer ship Thank you

Great Buying Experience with Salesman Martin Stab

by from South Glens Falls, NY |

I have had bad experiences at car dealerships in the past, and had sworn that I would never buy from a dealer again. It wasn't that I received a flawed vehicle; just that the salesmen wasted so much of my time, refused to negotiate to a reasonable price (over the phone or in person), or said a vehicle was no longer available when it was available 30 minutes earlier when I spoke to them on the phone. I needed a replacement vehicle quickly, and was going to drive to Massachusetts to purchase, but thought I would check locally one last time to see if there were any comparable vehicles locally. Garvey had what I was looking for, but the initial price was significantly higher than the sales price posted at some other dealers. I called Garvey and reached Martin. He immediately understood that the vehicle in Massachusetts was a much better value, and after 2 to 3 conversations over the phone, we reached what I thought was a reasonable price. It was very easy dealing with Martin. I drove to Garvey within a few hours, half expecting that the agreement we had reached over the phone would not be honored. My concerns were unnecessary, as the process could not have been smoother or easier. I expressed one concern about the vehicle, and we quickly negotiated another $200 off the price. I put down a $100 deposit, and then came back the next day with a cashier's check to complete the transaction. No surprises, no changes. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. All the paperwork, plates, registration, etc. was perfect and I felt that the documentation fee was quite reasonable. This was a fantastic car buying experience for me, and I would highly recommend dealing with Garvey, specifically Martin Stab. Just for the record, I waited about 2 months to write this review, just to make sure there were no issues with the used vehicle. The vehicle is great, just like the buying experience.

clean, fast,service, with that personal touch..

by from Swanton, Vt. |

nice experience, brought car in for some minor "fixes". expected hours of waiting, and was out in just over an hour. special thanks to Scott, Dan, and the guys in the shop. And a very special thanks to Mr. Garvey, for the lunch. Who would have thought that a car dealership took that much interest in its customers. Would recommend Garvey to anyone. All items fixed and we are so enjoying the Veloster.. you guys ROCK!! Carol and Tim

Great value, knowledgeable, friendly staff

by from South Glens Falls, NY |

I purchased a new car from Garvey and had a great experience. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good deal and excellent service.

great service and very informative.

by from wilton, NY |

it was a friendly dealership and they helped me find the car I had wanted which was a used white SUV.

Great service

by from South glens falls NY |

Garvey has worked on my Acura Tl twice and did a fabulous job both times! The service was friendly, the timing was exactly what they estimated and the staff is always a pleasure to work with!

Great service!!!!

by from Saratoga springs |

Customer service was great! Would definitely recommend anyone to go to Garvey Hyundai if they are looking to purchase a new car!

Great service

by from Glens falls, New York |

I was treated wonderfully!! Shane Murray and Don Carlino went above and beyond to help me get the car that was right for me.