New Carlisle Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

(3.8) 4 Reviews

580 N Main St, New Carlisle, OH 45344

Supposedly inspected/serviced used car=deceptive

by from Centerville, OH |

I purchased a used vehicle from this dealership. While shopping for used cars from dealerships one thing I was looking for was a dealership that actually inspected and serviced their used car inventory, and not just their *certified* pre-owned inventory. David Brown, the salesman I dealt with, assured me they did, and in fact the car I was interested in had just had its steering rack replaced. When I test drove the car I noticed a squeal upon ignition, and a slight squeal on sharper turns. David told me this was due to the new steering rack and would go away as 'oil redistributed.' We haggled over the price, and David left me three times to 'consult his manager' but for all I know he was laughing about me with other salesmen by the watercooler. They have you sign 'as-is' agreements before buying, acknowledging things go wrong with used cars and they cannot be blamed. There is no warranty. No recourse. After buying the car, the squeal grew quickly worse, and I determined the drive belts were at fault. Replacing them fixed the squeal. Three weeks after purchasing the car the front flex pipe developed a leak. I emailed the dealership to express my disappointment that they either lied to me concerning the squeal, or were merely ignorant. Which scenario is worse depends on your point of view. While it is possible there was no visible sign the exhaust system was about to fail, I still expressed my disappointment that before a month was up, my supposedly inspected & serviced car had cost me so much money. The dealership did not even bother to respond.

Return Customer

by from Springfield |

We've bought 4 cars here now. They're great to work with. I didn't feel pressured to buy and they went above and beyond to get what I wanted. If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll get it. I've recommended this dealer to friends.

Not very organized

by from New Carlisle, Oh |

After buying my husbands used truck here I thought it was a safe bet that I could find the new car I wanted. I did buy the car I wanted here but had a phone call almost daily about something they did wrong with the paperwork or terms or they couldn't find registration for my old car or a wheel lock for my old car and we had to make a trip back to sign paperwork. Then I find deep scratches under the bumper and had to haggle with them to fix it. After switching cars with my husband he takes the vehicle to be touched up, because they don't want to make it right by repainting it, the touch up paint had to be reordered so I am still waiting to get that process completed. Needless to say I am not happy with the service I have received and will not be back for any services and will drive to another dealer to get it serviced.

cars.com

by from Dayton, OH |

I appreciated using cars.com to compare prices and features on available cars!