Bell Chevrolet

(3.0) 2 Reviews

600 Chelsea St, Sistersville, WV 26175

Great Service Dept.

by from Sistersville WV |

I found the Whole Dealership to be the best I have ever used. Will be back for all my Service Needs!!!

Service Department Is Appalling

by from Sistersville, WV |

To begin with, it appears that there is only one main technician doing the majority of the repairs. While this is understandable for a small dealer, it is not usual for a facility that has the space for more. It appears they could easily maintain enough business for two or more technicians, however judging by the lack of time management it is apparent that they cannot organize the appointments in such a way as to make that work. Upon bringing in my fiancee's vehicle, I gave them a list of items I wanted addressed on the vehicle that should average a total of 6 hours of labor. The appointment was at 10am on a Tuesday. After not hearing from them all day, I called and was told they got backed up and didn't work on it. After not hearing from them AGAIN the next day, I called and was told that the "boss" had them do a brake job for him and that caused my vehicle to be left again. I got the final call that it was done around 10:30 the third day, a total of 50 hours (no less than 15 working hours) after I brought in the vehicle with an appointment. When I was given the total, I felt it was high and was given 15% off of parts for the length of time it took to complete the job. While looking through the bill, I noticed the labor times seemed high and asked where they got them from. I was informed that they go by what the mechanic tells them he wants to charge, even though their policy on the wall states that they go by the book time and nothing else. I asked to see the labor book they used, which was from 2006! Upon thumbing through, the first job I found was showing 3.5 labor for which I was charged an even 4 hours. I was refunded the additional labor amount, although it did take a while for them to agree it was not correct even though it was clearly in their book of choice. After taking the vehicle home, I noted I was charged 1.0 hours for them to track down an oil leak and I had requested they clean the engine off to do so. I lifted the vehicle and found that they had NOT touched anything under the car with a rag. I am a certified technician myself and I knew what one cause of the leak was. Knowing this is a common issue on this GM vehicle, I left it to see if they would find it or comment on it being a common leaking point. NOTHING WAS EVER MENTIONED AND THE MASSIVE LEAK WAS NOT NOTED AT ALL. This has been the worst experience for me at a dealership repair facility and I will never take another personal vehicle to them again. Please do your homework and be diligent if you do have to take a vehicle there as I hope this is a one time issue, however I don't plan on giving them a second chance for fear it will happen again!