Extreme Auto Plaza, Inc.

1453 E 14th St, Des Moines, IA 50316

Bad Business, sketchy people

by from Britt Ia |

My husband had been shopping for an older Camaro. I found one online on their website so we traveled to Des Moines to look at it. It was in the showroom which was filthy with dead bugs laying every where. Our small child was with us & she got so dirty just being in there. My husband started inquiring about the car & the sales woman could only tell us "well as far as I know"...not impressed with her knowledge of the vehicle. He asked to drive the car & she said no because she would have to move other cars out of the way. Plain lazy to me. We did end up purchasing the vehicle and while pulling it out of the showroom I noticed a tail light was out. I told the sales woman & the guy (mechanic) who pulled it out about the light & the ignored me until my husband pointed it out to them then they agreed to fix it. A bulb is all it was going to take but being an older car (87) they didn't even have the right bulb. If your going to sell old cars you should have the parts for the vehicles on hand. So we had to wait for someone to get the right bulb standing in the parking lot. The mechanic didnt even know how to get to the tail light from the inside of the car. My husband ended up changing it himself in the parking lot in about 90 degree heat. After driving it home we found that the speedometer did not work & after having OUR mechanic check it out we found out its seals were bad, it had a hole in the oil pan, there was so much rust on the bottom of the car (which you couldn't see due to them painting it black) they didn't even want to put it on the lift. Also there was holes rusted through where exhaust was leaking into the inside of the car. My husband did not want a "project" car but that's what he got. After finding all these problems my husband called the dealer back and asked if they would take the car back they said yes in trade. Mind you, we had not even received the title yet. That arrived a month later! He said he could trade it in for another vehicle at $2,000 less then what we paid. Are you kidding me! Wow! Horrible, unethical business practices right there folks. Would not recommend this dealer to an enemy. Save your money and time. Wish we would have done our research. Learn from our mistake!

Almost all vehicles have salvaged titles

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE CARFAX!!! They lie about all their vehicles and what the history realllllllly is. Almost all are salvaged (water damage, major car accidents) and they try to sell at the same price as one that isnt. Absolutley ridiculous. Especially look out if they are giving you an AMAZING deal on a trade in as you are most likely looking at a salvaged one as well. They know they can't get what they are asking so they make you feel like its a great deal. SCAMMERS! I walked away laughing after I inquired about a few vehicles. I might be a girl but I'm not dumb.

Lied about salvaged title!!!!

by from Kansas City mo |

This is the first time ive ever written a review but want to warn you!!!! We fell in love with an 04 excursion today only to be told 3 others were getting financing. When I called and asked questions the girl said there was no frame damage and when they received it, it had been in an accident but only needed a new headlight and one front quarter panel. We are from Kansas City and made plans to drive there the next morning with cash in hand as long as it checked out mechanically. At the last minute I ran a CARFAX which said it was a salvaged title and had been totaled out a few months ago!!!! We never would've been able to sell this!!! They are down right liars!!!! Beware like the other reviews tell you to!!!

Good Service and Product

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

Looked around for a truck and finally found what I was looking for. Pam was very upfront with everything and I had my mechanic check it out before I bought it. thank you for being honest and upfront with me. I will be sending my friends and family members to you.

Prior Salvage titles...

by from Des Moines, IA |

Went in to deal on a Truck. I was told that they were already as low as they would go on the truck and that if I did not act quick they were raising the price again $2000. So I did my research and found that the truck had a prior salvage title. They shrugged it off saying it was only a door that had damage. I asked to see the repair invoice, and they would not show me the invoice. So I decided to look further into cars and trucks on the lot. EVERY ONE that I checked had a Prior SALVAGE TITLE. None were priced as prior salvage, which should sell at 60 to 70 percent of book value. (Good luck getting rid of a prior salvage) Let me be clear, they did not tell me the truck was prior salvage, I had to find out with a records check. The staff was pleasant, and they were nice, but not forthcoming. Probably good to steer clear of this place.

This place is a joke. Waste of time and Money!

by from Estes Park, CO |

Found a nice car at the right price, so I asked them how to begin the buying process because I needed to find financing (which is tough for an 11 year old car), but waned them to hold it for me and put a "sold" sign on it. They needed $500. So I paid that with my debit card. 2 days later I had the cash and asked what method they would like the payment and they responded and said they accidentally sold the car the day before because they forgot to put a sold sign on it. And since they were so brief on the history of it when I asked for a Carfax, I went ahead and paid $30 for a one-time AutoCheck. Which listed much more problems than they told me. And then they wouldn't even refund my money for that! Don't even waste your time here.

Nice cars

by from Boone, IA |

I got into an accident and the last thing I wanted to do is look for a car. I found what I was looking on cars.com and send an email. I received a response right away. I applied online for a loan and everything was ready as scheduled. I would recommend Extreme Auto Plaza to all my friends and family. Kuddos to the lady that helped me.

Good service, good people

by from Urabandale, IA |

found a couple of cars on cars.com. did the chat thing and schedule a test drive the next morning. I bought a neat car and enjoyed working with the staff. They entertained my child while I was signing loan papers. Thanks Extreme and I will send everyone that needs a car your way.

great customer service

by from Melcher,IA |

They were on the ball on returning my call about the email that I had sent them

great customer service

by from Melcher,IA |

They were right on responding to my inqury about the car I had questions about and was willing to answer any of my questions