Lumberton Honda

301 Wintergreen Dr, Lumberton, NC 28358

Used 910-739-9871

Awesome dealership

by from Lakeland, FL |

I live in Florida and was traveling up to Conn for the Holidays. I delevolped problems with the van and it was not running well. I found the Lumberton, NC dealership and told them my problem. Spoke with the General Manager Jay. I was still an hour away from the dealership and it was 6:00 at night. When I rolled into the dealership shortly after 6:00 pm, Jay got the van into service, fixed the problem within an hour and we were back on the road by 7:30 pm. If it wasn't for their courteous and prompt service, I would have been forced to find a hotel for the four us and the dog and then continue on for 15 more hours the next day. Thank you Lumberton Honda and Jay. You guys are the best!

Like to tell you what they think you want to hear

by from Lumberton |

This dealership is all talk and no action, smoke and mirrors. If the salesman tells you what all they will do for you to sweeten the sale....you can go ahead and add it to the list of things that will NOT get done. They are more interested in getting your personal information (email address, phone numbers, marital status) so they can sell it, than they are giving you vehicle information. I was interested in one car on the lot and the salesman that was supposedly helping me would not give me a price on the vehicle, each time I would ask the price of the vehicle he would dance around the subject. Then he offered to show me two vehicles that were not even on the lot! Eventually Desmond (the salesman) told me he would email me pictures and call to set up an appointment when the two vehicles came in the following week. The following week some other man called asking me to confirm my meeting that day with Desmond. When I advised the man that I didn't have an appointment with Desmond nor had I heard from him since I left the dealership he began his sales pitch with me. I asked why Desmond was not following up with me and he advised he would make sure Desmond contacted me that day. Here it is 4 days later and I still have not heard from Desmond or anyone else from the dealership. Needless to say, I have no intentions of doing business with this dealership. Afterall isn't a persons word supposed to mean something....guess not if you are a salesman at this dealership.

car trouble

by from St Pauls North Carolina |

brought a car from thereodowntown mad about the price of the car hey more than a thought brakes and get a battery for it.found out they lied about the price car l paid more than I thought which some of that was my own fault not researching and paying attention.some of the salesman are so rude and unprofessional.end it up trading vehicles so much negative equity.

Excellant service...new mangement

by from Hope Mills NC |

JI have read all the negative reviews here and I just wanted to say Lumberton Honda has same ownership but new management and today they gave me a great deal. So give them another chance.See previous post.

Burned by used cars/saved by Lumberton Honda

by from Hope Mills NC |

I bought a 2012 chevy cruze from a used car lot owned by the same owner as Lumberton Honda. I had the car less than 30 days and it started giving me trouble by cutting off in the middle of driving down the road. (Very dangerous and life threating) When I went back to the car lot that I purchased the car from, I got a nasty attitude, and rush job, and an "If we can help" response attitude. Needless to say, I was angry and almost to tears. So I went over their heads to Lumberton Honda. Spoke with their manger explaining everything and he assured me he would help me. So the next day I take my car to Lumberton Honda. They saw what my cruze was doing. They worked a deal for me and I came home with a brand new (not used) 2013 Honda Civic. I never paid a dime, no upside down equity, and only a slight difference in the payment. When working my deal they found inside mess from the used car lot that they were not happy with either and intend to report to the owner of all stores. Lumberton Honda was honest and upfront with their prices and deals. I checked Edmunds.com before going. Lumberton Honda is more concerned with the customer's satisfaction and your business referral's than they are with the sale of a car. Even the showroom was cozy and low key music not loud and hustling like most.

Advertising Scam - Poor customer service

by from Wilmington, NC |

Initial visit to dealership was due to radio ad promising 50% of MSRP. I called because this sounded too good to be true. Rep on phone stated that all stock inventory of 2013 cars are being "sold" at 50% off MSRP. I drove two hours to dealership that night. I found a CR-V that fit my budget and began the buying process. I discussed with salesman (who asked if I "got a boyfriend") the promotion - including the sale price to be 50% off MSRP. Due to operating hours the sale could not be completed. The next day, I spoke extensively with the salesman from the day before, stating that I was still interested in the car I test drove, that I was coming that evening from two hours away and again, asked about 50% off promotion. I had a friend drive me, who thank goodness waited, the two hours back to lumberton. When I got there they could not find the keys for my vehicle and instead gave me keys to test drive a much more expensive options package. When the finally brought the vehicle I had set my heart on buying out for a test drive, it had a dead frog on the windshield and food leftovers in the center console. I complained about the salesman I had been working with to the 9+ managers relaxing behind the counter, especially after he flicked his cigarette butt into the bed of my friends pick up truck. A new dealer began to sweet talk me and offered me a better deal on a CR-V with similar options. When we sat down to discuss financing and "negotiate" price, he attempted to finance me for a lease instead of a sale. He stated that "a lease is the same as a sale" and that the ad was "creative advertising." I expressed my feeling of deception and stated that I had asked so many times the details/fine print of their promotion. He told me again that "a lease is the same as a sale." I wasted 8 hours of driving time and almost 4 hours of my time with the rude salesmen. Initially I felt the fool for falling for such a 'too good to be true' offer but in hindsight I know that I asked all of the appropriate questions and received conformation from the 3 salesmen I dealt with that the price was for the SALE of a new vehicle. We even discussed my desire for a 4 year loan to have my new car paid off faster compared to a six year loan. This dealership wasted my time, energy and gas- all the while knowing that I was intending to BUY a new car and was traveling a long distance. This is pure fraud.

Avoid Them Like The Plague!

by from Lumberton |

I spent about four days negotiating a price with these guys. The salesman told me that manager had come up with a final price and I countered with an lower offer. The salesman said that the manager wouldn't give on the price any more and that was their final offer. I told the salesman that I would accept their offer and he said that he would get the paper work together for me. About five minutes later the salesman came back to me and said that the deal is off because I didn't accept the offer they gave me three days ago. I was shocked because we had just negotiated a deal ten minutes ago. I was upset that I spent four days working with these guys for them to completely back out on the deal they offered. Please do yourself a favor. Do not waste your valuable time working with people who will not honor their word.

want a good car buy from lumberton honda a+

by from lumberton nc |

the car sales man was great he was not pushy he let me choose what i wanted. i refinance and got the gap money back from them they were very nice it took three weeks but they done just what they said they would do. want a good car go here. buy the way when i was in there 3 weeks ago they were packed that saids something about them. they. are a plus car dealership thanks lumberton honda

worst...worst....worst

by from lumberton |

very rude behavier.very very very rude people.only honda dealership didn't care about customer.

Poor customer service

by from lumberton |

no point to say anything as a customer beacuse they are very confident that no one care about our complain.