Prothro Chevrolet

452 N Brooks St, Manning, SC 29102

New 877-468-2719
Used 877-556-9773
Service 888-251-3505

Family Owned and Operated since 1926! Where Handshakes mean more than Deposits!

Thanks, 'Pro' !

by from Sumter, SC |

Went to Prothro a few weeks ago to purchase a car, and I was definitely impressed with the service they provided. They were professional, respectfully casual, and were not pushy or rushing like a lot of other dealerships. That day, the dealership was supposed to close early, but the individual working with me worked late to help me out with this vehicle. If that isn't dedication and customer service, I'm honestly not sure what is then. Prothro is definitely a dealership I'd go to again if I ever needed a new vehicle. I definitely hope to visit them again in the distant future if I ever decide to trade this fantastic vehicle.

awesome buying experience

by from Manning, SC |

This is the third vehicle from this dealer. These guys are ALWAYS going above and beyond what you'd expect. Prothro's commitment to excellence starts at the top and is the norm rather than the exception for very staff member.

2012 Chevy Impala

by from Manning, SC |

Very pleased with service and careing people. Will continue to do busness with them.

Faye B. Bryant

by from Manning, SC |

Could not ask for better service! ,Friendly and competent as always!

Great Service

by from Manning, SC |

My appointment was at 8:30 and my truck was taken in at that time. I was kept up to date as to what they were doing to find problem. Staff was very helpful and problem was found and fixed.

Car Review

by from Manning, SC |

Good Job! Would recommend this dealership to everyone, Good service all around.

Owner

by from Sumter SC |

I have a 2010 GMC Yukon Denali. It has had a ticking noise since I bought it. I guess I never realized it until starting clacking very loud. (Sounded like motor knocking) In May 2014, we took it in for repairs. They replaced all lifters. When we picked it up, it continued to make the ticking noise. In August, we dropped it off again. They say they can't hear anything. The first part of the month, we took it back again. Our regular mechanics heard the ticking also, and they found oil cooler lines leaking. Of course, they did not hear the ticking. They did repair the oil lines. I have no issues with the dealership. I just want to make sure that my vehicle is covered because my warranty runs out. I only have 47,000 miles and it is well taken care of.

2014 Enclave

by from Manning, SC |

Great, 20 year Plus customer, I trade with Prothro about every 3 or 4 years.

Greatest service

by from Manning, SC |

Great experience at Prothroe Cheverolet! Love the people. My family has been buying products from Prothroe for 60 plus years!

Saturn Outlook information

by from Myrtle Beach SC |

Asked for basic information and got 5 emails from them before they ever answered one simple question! How many miles did the vehicle have. Then they replied with simply the number and nothing else. From that point I never heard back from anyone. I would not do business with them if they can't answer a simple question for 2 days then be short with me about it.

Prothro Chevrolet responded to this review

December 11, 2014

Mr/Mrs tbot, I am so sorry that your request wasn't met in a manner conducive to your expectations! I went back over our email log and see where you did contact us 5 times, however what I also see is that we responded 4/5 of those times. Being in business and dealing with a real world car lot and a virtual showroom as we are getting accustomed to, I am sure you can understand the complexities as well as the learning curve that we are dealing with in an ever changing world. Information flows faster, things change faster, and unfortunately, sometimes we drop the ball and are unable to meet our customers expectations because of either lack of communication or a hole in our sales process! We have been Selling cars in this Community since 1926, and I can assure you that our focus is always to strive for excellence, take care of our existing customers, and always strive to make the car buying experience a very easy and non-stressfull deal. As stated above I am sorry that we were unable to assist you, and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! Sincreley, Pro Prothro Prothro Chevrolet, Buick, GMC www.prothrochevy.com #doingitrightsince1926

Good Job

by from Manning, SC |

Repair of accident damage from a deer to my 2003 s10, they repaired well and even took of hidden damage that was not noticed at first. Good people !