K.C. Motor Co

K.C. Motor Co

20219 Metcalf Ave, Bucyrus, KS 66013

Used 888-475-0199

KC Motor Co is a Unique Gently Used Auto Dealer in Southern Johnson County Kansas

Dec 2013 Purchase Experience

by from Penn Yan, NY |

Purchased a Yukon XL 4x4 in December - online purchase - traded a truck to them of which they arranged all transportation for the trade-in. Dealt soley with Blake and George - a flawless experience - even though I live 1100 miles from the dealership, when it is time to replace my wife's Nissan Altima, I will most certainly give Blake a call to see what he can find for her. I have bought several cars, trucks and motorcycles over the past 30 years and the experience with KC Motor Company was one that left quite an impression - if my 17 yr old could have figured out how to slide the Porsche 911 into the back of the Yukon, he would have. Bottom line: Great guys to deal with, a very nice selection of cars / trucks - very honest. When Blake walked into the back detail shop with Wranglers, boots and a Cabela's hat, I felt very comfortable.

January 20, 2014

Thank you Jeff! You were fantastic to work with. Great meeting you and your awesome son! Stay in touch. -Blake Glenn/Owner/KC Motor Co.

Not Worth Your Time.

by from Kansas |

I have not much more to say about this dealership other than the salesman I dealt with was absolutely one of the rudest people I have ever met. Blake, one of the owners, seemed to be extremely nice, and helpful. The gentleman we got stuck with however, really didn't do anything of importance and wasn't able to give us any valuable information when we went in to test drive other than "this car is great." He just sort of ignored questions when he didn't know...it was actually kind of awkward. When it came time to make an offer he was in no way willing to negotiate prices. Period! Which, if that's how they want to run their business that's their decision...however the fact that our initial offer was essentially scoffed at was absolutely unnecessary. We made a well researched offer, well within the realm of what the vehicle was worth...and would have come up considerably had I not been treated with such disrespect right off the bat. The overall tone of the entire conversation was offensive to say the least. I could hardly get a sentence out without him cutting me off. Plus he called me "kiddo" which I found to be very unprofessional and irritating. Regardless of my age (30), I WAS a potential customer, and should have been treated as such. This just indicates to me that I most likely wasn't ever, at any point, taken seriously. Either way you look at it, I think he could have handled himself differently. I would imagine its behavior like this as to why the vehicle we were looking at has been sitting on their lot collecting dust for over 2 months. You'd be a moron to pay what they were asking. At first I never understood why car salesman got such a bad wrap...but now I see. Thanks KC Motor, for opening my eyes and for making my first car shopping experience unpleasant. I will absolutely NOT be giving them my business, now or in the future.

December 11, 2013

We are extremely disappointed to have received this review. This is not a normal occurrence for us and we pride ourselves on making the car buying process TRULY different. The person you dealt with is one of the kindest people you could ever know, served our country in the Navy and then again as a Police Officer and Deputy Sheriff for a nearby county for 12 years. If he came off as rude it was most certainly not intentional and as far as the Kiddo comment, well that's just his friendly nature. He was taken aback by this review and said he most certainly learned something about how different sayings and slang are perceived from person to person. Please accept our deepest apology. -Blake Glenn/Owner/KC Motor Co.

Always a great place to buy a car!

by from Lees Summit Mo |

This is a great place to buy a car or truck. We bought a 2008 Acura from Blake. Very honest and up front about everything. We would definitely buy from KC Motor again. One thing I will say is that buy the extended warranty would be very smart, I did not buy it, should have, worth the money. I do not thing you will find a cleaner used car anywhere in this city. I look on their website monthly for a new Infiniti......just window shopping for now, but this is where I hope to purchase again.

December 12, 2013

Thanks Dave! You are a 5 Star Customer!! Talk to you soon! -Blake Glenn/Owner/KC Motor Co

Don't go here!

by from Holt, MO |

I took my son out here to look at a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I was hopeful since the add said it only had 84K miles. When we got there one of the owners came out, and was obviously very friendly. The add for the vehicle said the previous owner was fixing it up for his wife to drive until they found out she was pregnant. According to the "write-up" he had done a "lot" of mechanical work to it. I should have been suspicious when we took it for a test drive and discovered one of the front hubs had the wrong size lug nuts causing a very noticible vibration/noise. That should have been my sign to walk away. Since I purchased the vehicle on 11/28 I have had to replace the inner and out tie rods, tires, and alternator. When I called the dealer to speak to them about the issues I was having I was ignored and my calls were not treturned. I will "NEVER" recommend this dealer to anyone and will make it a poing to warn everyne I know who might be looking for a "RELIABLE" used car to STAY AWAY!!!!"

Nice Little Dealership

by from Bethany, MO |

Very nice folks. Large enough to handle your needs, small enough to give you first class service. I bought a used SUV from them. I was over 100 miles - each way - from them and would not have considered this dealership except that they negotiated over the internet. Got the price to where I was willing to make the trip to look. I have never discussed a trade in with them but in 30 minutes, we had our deal and I have been very happy with the deal. I do not think youl be disappointed either.

February 28, 2012

Thanks for your very kind words! It was a true pleasure working with you and your family. Stay in touch! -Blake and Tony

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH!!!

by from Kansas CIty, MO |

I have purchased several cars over my lifetime and I can tell you with certainty that Blake, Tony, George, Bill and the rest of the staff at KC Motor Company are top notch. Their customer service is second to none and the quility of their used vehicles is very impressive. I highly recommend them.

December 24, 2013

Thank you very much! It was great working with you! -Blake Glenn/Owner/KC Motor Co.