Mazda of Morristown

108 Ridgedale Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960

New 888-803-0463
Used 888-716-1950
Service 877-208-7187

We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs.

Kudos to Mazda of Morristown

by from Morristown, NJ |

Kudos to Mazda of Morristown for getting it right. Laid back and friendly enough to provide a comfortable environment. Professional enough to know what they're talking about. I went with my husband last week to look at CX5s. After reading a lot of reviews, we thought it was worth a look. We met Mike who took his time explaining the features to us and letting us take a long test drive. He was able to answer all of our questions, and had a lot, which made us feel good about working with him. After the drive, we decided it was right car for our family (we have two teenage children who will be driving in a few years). Mike helped us through all of the paperwork...more than we had remembered from the last time we bought a car, but it had been several years. Jonathan, the business manager, was quick and to the point. Both being in retail, my husband and I appreciated the way we were treated. They made it kinda fun. We will definitely be back in a few years when our lease is up.

Best Ever...and Free Pizza

by from Morristown, NJ |

Small, friendly, personalized attention. Although they were very busy on the day that I stopped by the dealership, they made me feel at home. Bryan brought me a bottle of water and introduced me to his managers while I waited to take a test drive. There was a good energy from all of the staff. It was busy, but controlled and I felt at ease being allowed to shop at my own pace. After about 15 minutes of looking around the showroom, Bryan found me again and we went on a test drive. I had driven a CX5 before, but wanted to drive it again and get a feeling for the salesman's approach. Bryan was great. Informative, but never pushy. He didn't talk too much, which I liked in a strange way. When we got back to the dealership, we sat down to negotiate a price. I brought with me an online quote from Edmunds. He presented it to his manager who quickly agreed. The general manager even stopped by to say hi and offered me some pizza that he had just ordered. Great, great, great car buying experience. My mom was so impressed that she is going next week to trade in her old car for a new Mazda. Be sure to ask for Bryan and some free pizza...LOL.

Free Pizza (Kidding)

Motivated by Snow

by from Summit, NJ |

I've been carpooling with my neighbor for a year now in his CX9. I always liked it more than my Honda, but was never motivated enough to make the change. Well, after being broadsided during last Wednesday's snow storm, I was pretty motivated. I like almost everything about the car and was very familiar with it since I've been riding and driving one for the last year. My neighbor suggested that I go to Morristown to get it. He had a good experience and even got $100 for referring other friends of ours. I figured it was a win-win. I bought my car on a Friday. They were pretty busy, but there seemed to be enough personalized attention to make it feel OK and not rushed. Brian was my salesman. He was young but surprisingly knowledgeable. The whole purchase was pretty effortless. I knew exactly what I wanted and knew how much I wanted to pay for it. The management seemed to be pretty involved with everyone and spent some time with me. I didn't get the feeling that I was just another sale for the day. The general manager even stopped by to thank me for my patronage. I made sure to remind them to send my neighbor his $100 (kidding).

10 years and going strong

by from New Providence, NJ |

Although this is a review of the Mazda dealership, it is also a testament to the entire Open Road group. My family and I have been buying cars from Open Road for more than 10 years. We started with the Honda dealership in Edison, buying our first Accord. We had such a great experience, that we tried the Mercedes dealership next. Another great experience. Now, our youngest daughter is old enough to pick her own car. She chose a Mazda 3. It was a no brainer to head back to Open Road. We weren't disappointed. I really like the personal feel we get when we're there. I never feel like I'm "just another sale" and never feel like I'm rushed or pressured. After 10 years, I can honestly say that I will only buy cars from them. I never hear much about them on the radio or in the news paper. It's like my family's own little secret. Maybe that's their way of keeping things small and personal. It works.

Good For Charity

by from Morristown, NJ |

Bought a car and helped a local charity, too. I'm happy to give this store a big thumbs up. I was going to wait until my current lease was over before upgrading to a 2014 model, but I got a phone call from the dealership offering to get me out of my lease early. Additionally, they said they would donate money toward a local charity if I switched before the end of the year. As a fundraiser in the area myself, I was glad to help. I managed to trade in my old car, get a newer model, keep my payment the same and help St Judes Children's Hospital. They even made the donation in my name right from the dealership. I think it's a win-win.

Do Your Homework

by from East Orange, NJ |

You would think that Black Friday would be a terrible time to buy a car. I went prepared for big, obnoxious, crowds and pushy sales people. I brought my husband for moral support (who was less than thrilled) and lots of snacks (I get cranky when I don't eat). We arrived around 9:30 after stopping at some other local shops. I was happy to find that there was no big crowd and everyone working there seemed pleasant enough. My husband and I had done our homework online and knew exactly what we wanted and what we wanted to pay for it. The internet makes this so easy if you know what sites to use. A word or advise: price your car before going to the dealership using three or four different web sites. All of the prices should be very close to each other. If one is WAY OFF, you know something is up. I used to work in retail marketing and know that everyone's profit margins are about the same. If a deal seems too good to be true, believe me it is. Don't bother trying to convince the sales staff that you can get an unreasonable price...you'll just end up frustrating both of you (I'm speaking from experience from both sides). Anyway, we took the average price from three websites and headed out to buy our CX9. We were greeted at the door by Marty who was very pleasant. We let him know that we did our homework and what we were looking for. He was good about moving along at a comfortable pace. We didn't feel rushed, but it certainly didn't drag along either. We test drove a CX9 Grand Touring model (the one we researched) even though we had already made the 90% decision to buy it. We weren't disappointed by the drive. It matched all of the reviews that we had read. It was sporty, but really comfortable. It handled really well and didn't feel "mushy" like our previous SUV. And, we really appreciated all of the standard features. We liked that we didn't have to pay extra for the backup camera, side monitors, bluetooth, and too much other stuff to mention. We took advantage of the available rebates and financed the car for 60 months (no penalty for paying it off early!). I don't have anything negative to say about the car or the dealership. Everything went smoothly, probably because we had done so much research and had reasonable expectations. I never needed my copious snacks and we weren't there long enough for my husband to get impatient. A win-win situation for everyone.

Holiday Bonus!

by from Summit, NJ |

Since I've had such great experiences here, I've been sending my friends and neighbors to look at cars here, too. Some just go to check it out, and others actually end up buying cars from them. They can't thank me enough for the recommendation. When I was in to pick up my plates last month, I jokingly said that I should get some kind of referral fee for all of the people I've been sending their way. Well, to my surprise, I actually got a check in the mail today! With the check was a very nice card from the general manager, Paul, who thanked me for sending him business. The check was for $100. If I keep this up, I might just be able to pay for my holiday shopping?LOL. I have never had such a good relationship with my car dealership before. I love my Mazda6, but I think I love the dealership as much.

No More Mini Van

by from Summit, NJ |

I bought this car brand new and traded my Honda Odyssey for it. I was tired of the mommy mini van look and was ready to do something nice for myself. The CX5 is considerably smaller than the Odyssey, as far as storage, but I?m not lugging around strollers and car seats any more. I like that it?s MUCH better on gas and more fun to drive. I appreciate that sunroof and the keyless start. I feel like driving more, now. I make excuses to take it on long trips and get lots of questions and compliments about it. I?m getting a bit spoiled with the back-up camera and blind spot alert?but who cares, I deserve it. My husband likes driving it, too. He used to make fun of the mini van, but now takes my car whenever he can. I can?t say enough positive things about Anthony, our salesman. He was very pleasant and made us feel very comfortable. We went on a test drive together and he was helpful answering all of our questions. The only downside, I guess, is that he had to keep asking his manager for pricing details. This is a ?game? that I really dislike about buying a car, but it seems to be the same way where ever you go. I won?t criticize him for it, though, it?s not his fault. It didn?t take us long to agree upon a fair price for the Odyssey and for my new CX5. I left them a deposit and agreed to pick up the car the following day after they installed a roof rack. Again, Anthony was very accommodating. When I came back the next day, the car was parked in the front of the dealership. There was a handwritten sign in the windshield welcoming me. Nice touch! The guy that does all of the paperwork was pleasant enough. Everything went smoothly, which I was glad for because my husband didn?t come back with me. I would say that I was in and out in about an hour, and that included the time that Anthony took to explain all of the new features.

From OK to GREAT

by from Morris Plains, NJ |

First let me say, that I wasn't going to write a review. I actually bough my car a few weeks ago, and didn't think it was anything special. I felt like it was just a normal buying experience. Everyone was nice, and everyone was friendly, but it didn't move me enough to write a review. Today, however, it was a different story. I brought my car in for its free oil change. I was met by the servie manager, Tony, who is very nice and personable. While my oil was being changed, I asked if someone could help me update the maps in my navigation system. They introduced me to the general manager, Paul, who was very helpful. At Paul's suggestion, I took the Sims card out of the car and tried to download the maps myself using my Mac laptop. I couldn't get it to work. Paul was very patient and spent over an hour with me trying to the maps updated. We both had a lot of problems using my laptop. when all was said and done, the maps were updated and we reinstalled the Sims card into my car. I'm so grateful that Paul was able to help. If it weren't for him, it would never have gotten done. I would have given up. He was extrememly gracious and willing to help for as long as it took. It's that kind of service that I really appriciate, and prompted me to write the review. I will definately bring my car back to the open road team.

Exceptional Service

by from Morris Plains, NJ |

First let me say, but I wasn't going to write a review. I actually bought my car a few weeks ago, and didn't think it was anything special. I felt like it was just a normal buying experience. Everyone was nice, and everyone was friendly, but he didn't move me enough to write a review. Today, however, it was a different story. I brought my car in for its free oil change. I was met by the service manager, Tony, who is very nice and personable. While my oil was being changed, I asked if someone could help me update the maps in my navigation system. They introduced me to the general manager, Paul, who was very helpful. At Paul's suggestion, I took the Sims card out of the car and try to download the maps myself using my Mac computer. I couldn't get it to work. Paul was very patient and spent over an hour with me trying to get the maps updated. We both had a lot of problems using my laptop. When all was said and done, the maps were updated and we reinstalled the Sims card into my car. I'm so grateful that Paul was able to help. If it weren't for him, it would never have gotten done. The TomTom manual was very confusing. He was extremely gracious and willing to help for long as it took. It's that kind of service that I really appreciate, and prompted me to write the review. I will definitely bring my car back to the open road team.