New Deal Pre-Owned Auto

(2.4) 5 Reviews

4609 W Glendale Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301

Taking Advantage of Poor People

by from Las Vegas |

Clearly there is something fishy about this car lot. I happened to be in the area and saw a Mazda RX-8 on sale for just a tad but above average retail. Since this place is a 'lone ranger' non branded dealership, I expected that they were run by a small business owner. I also expected that since they didn't have a fleet of mechanics that the car would truly be 'as is' and no warranty. Running the car thoroughly in AZ heat, we took it for a short test drive. Then after, I continued to let it run to see if it leaked or overheated. When it did not, I haggled about some minor cosmetic issues. After agreeing on a price, and checking out, I get back in MY car and it barely started and the check engine light came on. When I inquired about getting them to check it out with a computer scan, a 2 minute task, they told me they didn't have anyone to look at it until the next day. I ended up reneging on the deal because I couldn't trust that they would make it right and even though they offered a warranty, it's only as good as the taillights. When attempting to walk away, with the promise that if it were resolved I would buy it tomorrow, the store manager threatened to increase the price if I came back tomorrow and it needed repairs. Seriously?!?! You try to swindle me out of my money, then punish me for leaving the lot unsatisfied. If the car needed repairs as obvious as a check engine light could tell you, why wouldn't you fix that before putting the car out on the lot for sale? A small business owner doesn't have brand recognition, a major manufacturer on the marquee. All they have is their reputation and the friendly word of mouth that a customer passes on with reviews like this. If one person took the time to give a detailed account of their tactics, they're are most certainly dozens of others too timid to speak out. Especially those with lower incomes and difficult credit who may feel intimidated and have limited financing opens. If you can avoid this car lot, do so.

Great experience, definitely going back for more.

by from Chandler, Az |

I went here with a little apprehension after seeing the reviews here. My experience was however great! I went to the lot after seeing an add for a mazda mx5 miata. Mike was great in assisting us, was not pushy and let us do our thing and test drive the car without any hassles. I decided to take the car and Mike simply handed me the keys to go to the bank and fetch a cheque. I have had the car for over a year now, had absolutely no problems with it and only compliments about how well it was looked after. Mike assisted me on the spot to get the car insured and less than an hour after we arrived I was able to drive the car home back to chandler on the gas in the tank. I guess when you go to a used car lot you should expect getting a used car and if you end up with a unreliable car you probably discovered why it was being sold in the first place. Be careful when buying a used car and don't blame the dealer if you made a bad choice.

Good for a Used Lot

by from Goodyear, AZ |

Okay, so I can understand that people were disappointed with the car they got but did they a) get an extended warranty b) buy a car that was overall known to be reliable? I just put a downpayment on a 1997 GRAND MARQUIS LS. I am younger, and although it may not be stylish the car drove great, and our salesman Mike did not rush us to hurryback from test driving (and yes it did have low gas but what do you expect at a low priced USED lot in this economy??). I suggest to those looking to buy a USED car for a low price look at reviews on the cars they have, consider the cost to repair (obviously if you get a high end car the maintenance/repairs will be higher), don't be overly concerned with if it's a hip car as long as it is in good condition, look at the CARFAX and see how many owners and how long each one had it (that will usually tell you something...someone owning a car over 5 years usually says it is a reliable car) and read reviews about the specific car you are thinking about purchasing and last but not least if you can afford it buy an extended warranty if they offer it like this place.... I may not have driven the car for long but if you do the math the chances of you getting a lemon are not high. Basically, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Every dealer or auto sales place you go to you will find a salesman that is hungry for a deal because well, that is THEIR JOB. It's not about the person selling the car, it's about the actual car. Thanks for reading.

Junkyard

by from Phoenix, AZ |

Every car on that lot is complete junk and they are extremely unprofessional. For instance I test drove a 04 Mitsubishi Eclipse before I even left the lot the car died on me, The power cables over the battery were destroyed so they just stuck a screw between the battery and the clamp to get it going and said just don't hit any bumps. At that point I left and never came back. I should also add that when i was there 15 out of the 20 cars i looked at had almost no tread at all. Anyone considering buying from them better have a lot of money ready for repairs.

Not truthful

by from Phoenix.,Az |

I paid 6k for a 2002 mustang.They said it was safe and in great shape. First had to get new struts,and shocks,alignment. Then the engine made a sweeking noise. The cam had a bad bearing. I was told when I was signing I had 90 day warranty on the engine and trany. Well they also told me when it broke,that a verbal agreement would be had to prove. Well they wouldn't fix the car,I now have 12k in the car,with the new engine. These guys are Theives and untruthful.I had just put 500 miles on the car when it broke.

Run from this dealership

by from Phoenix, AZ |

I went there yesterday looking for a cash purchase on a used vehicle for my teen daughter. The salesman was "little Mike", he told me a total of 4 times that they were closing at 7pm and to make sure I didn't take a long test drive. The first vehicle I wanted to test drive was on empty, little Mike suggested I just drive it around the lot to test drive if in case it runs out of gas. I insisted I be able to test drive it on the street with gas put in. He told me twice that he'd have one of his lot guys look for a small can of gas lying around out back. Really? I'm supposed to believe that a car lot relies on a can of gas laying around somewhere? The cars were junk, I tried to purchase one and did not want to pay the listed price because when I let go of the steering wheel it would curve toward the right. Little Mike proceeded to tell me that it's non negotiable and that the lot is always busy and he can sell cars without me purchasing a vehicle. Needless to say, I did not purchase a car and never will consider that place an option. My search for a car continues...