Motors on Wheels

3909 Waldo St, Houston, TX 77063

Used 877-804-5492

Great service

by from Houston TX |

Just got a Acura Rsx which is my dream car. Very honest and friendly business in motors on wheels. Brad is a great guy to help you out for any problem. My friend also got a Passat last month. It runs great as well! Strongly recommend to try this dealer fellow brothers.

Accommodating dealership, OK logistics

by from Houston, TX |

I bought a Prius from Motors on Wheels about a month ago, August 2013. All in all the purchase was a pleasant experience--the small shop feel of this company is a far cry from the industrial-strength dealerships dotting Houston. I purchased from Brad, who was a bit gruff, but he got the job done. When coming back to pick up the car (which they arranged to have reupholstered at my expense), I spoke with the brothers, who seemed a lot more friendly and accommodating. That's just personal impressions, though. Brad seemed to be understanding of my desire to think of the total cost of the car (the size of the check I wrote) and not try to hide taxes and fees, which I appreciated. When I wanted to get a pre-purchase inspection they were understanding, and the inspector found only one problem (some belt was worn down), which MoW repaired before I picked up the car. I had to pick up the car quickly (I had to drive a family member to the airport), so they didn't have time to detail the car, as is their policy. I plan to take it back to have it detailed when the registration and license arrives, which one of the brothers (I don't remember which) insisted would be no problem. He even offered to lend me a car while they were doing it, in case I need to get around during the detailing process, which is definitely far and beyond what a dealership needs to do. Bottom line, they're a great company, accommodating of customer needs, and I feel I got a fair price for the car, which has been running smoothly (and getting the advertised mileage, which is important for a hybrid) for the past month. Only a few things that bothered me that I feel like I should mention (why they don't warrant five stars): • One of the brothers told me it would be a few weeks before the license and registration arrived, and that they'd call me when it did. It's now been four weeks (if I counted correctly), and their phone line insists that I shouldn't bother them until it's been five. I suppose that's the Texas registry's problem, but I think it'd have been nice if they'd checked in with me, especially because they said it would be set sooner. • When I drove the car off the lot for the last time, I noticed a crack in the windshield. I suppose that's my bad for not noticing it before, but it's still a little annoying.

Nearly unbelievable

by from Tomball, TX |

I bought a Chevy Malibu from here last November (2012). Joad was very accommodating with arrangements for me to come see the car (it was quite a bit of a drive and difficult to make it there in time before they closed on a weeknight). Once there, he was very friendly, respectful, and not the typical pushy used car salesman I was expecting. The car was in very good shape for the excellent price and had not been misrepresented at all. I brought a fellow do-it-yourself-er to help me with the evaluation. The test drive went well with neither of us finding any reason to let the deal go, so I went ahead and bought the car. The sales process was very quick and painless. After I got the car home, I let it sit for a couple days before driving it again. When I did start driving it again, the car developed a serious engine problem -- making a very loud engine noise, I took it to a local mechanic who told me that they could not pinpoint the noise without some expensive dis-assembly, but the noise was coming from deep inside the engine (and thus echoing all around, making it difficult to pinpoint an exact diagnosis without some dis-assembly). Knowing that I had bought it as-is and did not buy the warranty, I decided to call Joad back anyway to find out if he knew anything about the history of the car that would suggest what the problem might be. He said he had personally used the car and was surprised to hear the news, but was very concerned for what might have gone wrong. He asked if I could bring it back in so he could have his mechanic investigate, but was concerned about the severity of the noise and whether it should be towed instead. I asked my mechanic about the risk and he assured me it would be ok to make that one-way trip if I was gentle with it. So I (very carefully) drove it back there. Joad's mechanic found the problem (timing chain) and Joad offered to share some of the expense of the at-cost repair to be performed by his mechanic. I thought that was more than fair, considering it was an as-is sale, so I agreed. After I got the car back, I had it double checked by my own mechanic, and the repair had been done professionally and he confirmed that the parts they claimed to replace had indeed been replaced and all seemed well. I've held off on this review for some time, just to see how the car held up after that initial shock experience. I'm happy to report that now, 6 months later, the car is still doing great. My daughter is using it for a school & work commuter, and we've had no trouble with it at all -- doesn't use or leak any fluids, no fallout from the major timing chain replacement repair. I have to say that I'm very impressed and appreciative of the service I got from Joad and his staff. They turned a potential nightmare used-car scenario into a surprisingly pleasant, restored faith in humanity type of experience. I would not hesitate to buy another vehicle from Joad. I only gave them 4 stars on facilities because they like air freshener WAY too much. lol.

Great sevice , Helpful sales people

by from Highlands TX |

I was preapproved before I even went to the dealer got to the dealer everyone was very friendly and helpful service it was fast and easy to drive away in a my new car

Easy process

by from Houston, TX |

Engaging, accommodating, honest, friendly and great experience overall. Will definitely purchase other cars from them in the future.

Best Used Car Dealership So Far

by from Houston, Texas |

This doesn't feel like a used car dealership. I mean it does but the service is exceptional. They make you excited to get the car as if it were brand new. The buyer-seller relationship is warm, friendly and personal and they are EXTREMELY generous. I am recomending to anyone looking for a used car.

Good experience, friendly staff

by from Houston, TX |

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Prius from Motors on Wheels last week. The car is (so far) in great shape and Joad worked with me on the price. Overall I am happy with my experience and would recommend this dealership for someone looking for a gently used car at a good price.

Very professional, nice and friendly!

by from Houston, TX |

I bought an used car from them and I really was not expecting such a good service. I had some issues with the car while I was waiting for the license plates. They ask me to send the car in and they fixed everything for me - for free! I really can recommend these guys!

Nice dealer with good vehicles at fair prices

by from Houston, TX |

I bought a good used Jeep Wrangler from these guys. They are straightforward and fair. I found them easy to do business with and I can recommend them as a good place to shop for a used car.