MemberCar

227 Derwood Cir, Rockville, MD 20850

Used 866-414-4621

Treat you like family!

by from Alexandria virginia |

I'm a single woman and put out feelers on where to go for a used car and the COO of the company I work for said Membercar. This is my second car I purchased from them and will never buy from anyone else. Even if they don't have what you are looking for in their inventory, they will find it for you. My boss bought two cars (for his kids) from them this way in the past year. i can't say enough good things about them. And the best part....when you buy a car from them, the door doesn't shut behind you...they are ALWAYS there to help. They also have an auto body shop so I've taken my car to them for that as well. Who would think you'd be treated like family when you buy a car?

Great value, great people to deal with

by from Ellicott City, MD |

It was a very good buying experience. No pressure and no hassle.

Disappointing Tactic

by from Leesburg, VA |

I was interested in purchasing a 2005 Navigator from this dealer. I took time off work to travel to Maryland to inspect the car and was looking forward to the purchase. Finally, when I passed my credit card information for the down payment, the price quoted on Cars.com was not honored; the dealer added $1000 to the price displayed online. Beware!

MemberCar responded to this review

October 11, 2013

No matter how fantastic our product, or how high we have set our customer service goals, situations will arise in which a customer is not satisfied with their experience. In this case, the customer is completely right in expressing his dissatisfaction in regards to this pending purchase. This vehicle was offered for sale by all advertisers except one at a given price, and then our staff had a brake down in communications, which resulted in this problem. We can only say that we missed the mark in our goal of complete customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on our very high rate of repeat and referral customers. We don't feel good about negative feedback, but this is an opportunity for us to learn where improvements can be made. We're very sorry the customer had this experience, and steps have been taken to improve our operations, so this doesn't happen in the future.

BMW inquiry

by from Raleigh, NC |

I actually ended up not buying the car for various reasons unrelated to the dealer. But they took an extraordinary amount of time with me talking through what the process would be etc. It was clear that without a doubt these were the kind of folks that make it easy and frankly pleasant to buy a car. They were smart, rational and didnt try to push me toward something I didnt need. good folks.

Amazing staff, very helpful, great prices

by from Chester, MD |

While deployed with the military overseas I worked (through my wife) to get a vehicle with Member Car. The first thing I notice on the site were the excellent prices for the vehicles. After finding the vehicle I wanted I contacted the dealership and set up everything for my wife. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. After purchasing the vehicle I ran into some legal problems with my loan and the dealership was more than understanding of my situation. When I called the dealership to apologize for the issue, they replied " We understand the situation you are in being deployed and we are more than willing to work with you as much as possible". This statement alone is more than enough for me to recommend this dealership to ANYONE in the area. It's getting harder and harder to find companies that support and work with military personnel. I will be recommending this company to anyone in the area looking for a vehicle.

MemberCar responded to this review

April 13, 2013

Hello Bradley, Thanks for the excellent review you posted on cars.com. It is our primary goal to provide our customers with an excellent purchase and ownership experience. We really appreciate you reaching out to MemberCar while you were deployed overseas, and having the confidence and trust that we would take care of your purchase transaction. We also appreciate your service and sacrifice to our country. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your family, and please let us know if we can assist with any automotive needs in the future. Larry Barker Carl Barthman

FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!

by from Knoxville, TN |

Unbelievable service! I found the car I wanted and contacted Membercar to see about purchasing it. I am from another state so I was extremely nervous about buying a car having never laid eyes on it myself. Membercar made the process SO easy for me! Excellent communication every step of the way, and they really went out of their way to make things easy for me! Everyone I dealt with was truly happy to help me! I can't recommend them enough! And talk about value - when the car finally arrived it was BETTER than they described it! I got the car I wanted and saved thousands of dollars over local dealers. They really went above and beyond to earn my trust and my business! Thank you Membercar! If you're looking for a used car these are guys you can TRUST and that will be happy to work WITH you instead of work you over!

A TRULY EXCELLENT DEALERSHIP. A+

by from Takoma Park, MD |

Dan Williams, the Sales Manager here, is the kind of person most of us would like to have as a neighbor. He is smart, thorough, good-humored, honest, and genuinely helpful. He takes car of his cars. He takes care of his customers. In today's world, that's rare. I know because I used to work as a Mercedes-Benz car salesman. Recently, my wife and I wanted to buy a used vehicle. We went to a few dealerships and researched many more. MemberCar stood out because every single review we read was highly favorable. Having just bought a Toyota Land Cruiser from Dan Williams, I now know why. He had the car gone over by his mechanic, meticulously. His mechanic, Bob, is himself a stickler for detail; he is independent of Dan's operation but State Inspects the cars MemberCar sells. On our Land Cruiser, before we bought it, he found about $1400 worth of work that needed to be done. Dan Williams authorized it, and he didn't raise the price a penny. My rating: A+nd well done!

GREAT GREAT GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

by from Silver Spring, MD |

I recently purchased an 03 Acura RSX-S from MemberCar and from the start EVERYONE was SO nice & respectful! I really felt welcomed & cared for by the employees. Mr. Dan Williams & Mr. Waghelstein really made the process of buying a car run as smoothly as possible despite my difficult schedule & with NO pressure whatsoever! My husband works for a dealership & he was surprised at how friendly & caring everyone was with us, we weren't just another sale. I'm SO HAPPY with my purchase, monthly payment, and the customer service I received from MemberCar! I will definitely be recommending MemberCar to friends & the rest of my family! :) Thank You guys, I love my car! :D

OUTSTANDING SERVICE - VERY Happy.

by from Leesburg, VA |

Customer Service: Dan was GREAT! Our converstation started by chat and ended with the purchase of a 2006 Lexus 400h. The vehicle had a flaw that Dan promised to fix. The repair was completed and I was kept advised throughout the entire process. Membercar's sales team treats you like person and not just a commission check like other dealers. No pressure to buy. Even the state inspection person said the vehicle I purchased was "gorgeous!" Very happy! Buying Process: SPECTACTULAR! From the price of the vehicle to the recommendation of the extended warranty. Everything was up front and easy to understand. Quality of Repair: N/A Overall Facilities: This is not a big, fancy dealership. If you want higher prices and flashy signs then head to a big box store. Membercar is tucked away off the road and (in my opinion) focuses on the vehicles rather than the flash. The faciliites get the job done.

Unique Experience

by from No. Virginia |

My wife and I shopped for a used car at different dealerships, but couldn't find the right combination (price/vehicle), with some locations not even treating us as serious buyers, and acting like the type/price range of vehicle in which we were interested didn't actually exist. I came across a Membercar listing for a vehicle in which we were interested. I found Membercar's website and viewed the inventory listed, making a list of other vehicles of interest. We test drove several vehicles, but weren't able to find one that we wanted on the first visit, but the experience was so unique and pleasant that we decided to go back again. On the next trip, after a few more test drives of different vehicles, we found the one we ended up buying. My wife put it best when she said, "This car just feels like us". Dan accomplished the sale and was the consummate gentleman and true to his word. We also met Dave, the owner, and Ann and Mark were also very helpful during our visits. I have already recommended Membercar to friends who are in search of an excellent vehicle at a great price.