MemberCar

MemberCar

227 Derwood Cir, Rockville, MD 20850

Used 866-414-4621

Wonderful Experience - Exceptional Service!

by from Hyattsville, MD |

I have bought a few cars in my lifetime from dealerships and I have to say this was by FAR the BEST experience I have ever had. I generally have my guard up and get cranky as soon as I walk into a dealership, but everyone at Member Car was so nice and helpful, I was at ease almost immediately. My 2 sons and I had a bit of a complicated situation and they were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting a great deal worked out for us. If I ever decide to buy another car, I will look there first. Completely satisfied customer here!

Great car buying experience!

by from Gaithersburg, MD |

Absolute best experience buying a car! We've bought plenty of cars from regular dealerships and Carmax. Found the ideal car for my husband on-line. The car was at Membercar, which we had never heard of. Went 2 days back and met Carl. Test drove a few cars - all without any pressure at all- Carl even said if we wanted to try any other cars (such as those we had no intention of buying- like a boxster), we could! Test drove without Carl- so we had time to really drive around a get a good feel for the car. The actual purchase was basically just signing all the papers. He gave us a fair trade for our trade-in and we walked out of there very happy. Never going back to Carmax!

High pressure sales aint how they do it here

by from Baltimore, Maryland |

I am an inexperience car buyer having purchased my only prior car from an extended family member. But I have been working a post-college job for two years now and finally had the scratch to upgrade from my Ford Focus. I messed around on carmax for a bit, as there is one near my house, including having a base c300 MB shipped from a few states away. Anyway, it took them a week to bring it in and by then my enthusiasm at the prospect of being a benz owner and driving a "luxury sports sedan" had been overriden by more practical concerns, namely living in a city with such a low clearance ride and the maintenance costs associated with owning a foreign luxury auto. The driving experience and the customer interaction I had at carmax left a lot to be desired. During the week before my test drive I had begun to look at crossover SUVs, thinking it would be a better fit as a bigger guy (6' 3"). The RAV4 6cyl and turbocharged subaru forester caught my interest, but by the time carmax shipped the c300 all their models in stock and in range of free transport had been reserved. On a whim I looked at cars.com for local listings and found the XT model and year that I was looking for, with 5,000 less miles, for a good 3k less. The carfax provided indicated a great prior record. I contacted them the next morning, was able to test drive it after work the same day, and was sold. The car was in excellent condition aside from some scuffs on the interior material and a slight tear in the passenger seat leather upholstery. The engine compartment looked brand new, in great condition and the car drove great. My salesman, Carl, was more than accommodating and looked at me quizzically when I asked if he would get in the car so I could take a test drive. Yeah, unlike carmax where they will not only not let you drive the car alone but also have a predetermined route that you must take that barely lets you get a feel for the cars capability, Membercar insists that you take it yourself and take it where you want, through town and highway driving, as long as you need to get a feel. I was sold the second I got back to the lot, Carl made the purchase incredibly easy by applying for my credit and getting me a great rate, preparing all the paperwork overnight and getting it all organized. Went back the next day signed everything dropped my down payment and drove off happy as could be with my new car and a full tank of super gas. Will definitely be back in a few years when I am looking for a new whip, and Im sure these guys will be just as helpful and non pressure filled as was this buying experience. Plus, a years membership in their member club which includes free car washes every good weather saturday and sunday as well as discounted service for your car. Theyre a family company with quality, family like relationships set as their goal and they achieve it. Thanks again guys

I highly recommend these poeople....

by from Rockville Maryland |

My situation was a bit different. I bought back the same car (Racing yellow Porsche Cayman S) that was sold 2 weeks prior, BUT they were so nice that I did NOT feel that i was dealing with used car sales people. They did not make much profit and sold me back the same car just to keep me happy. They are very friendly, professional, and fair people. Everyone including their staff are very polite, helpful, clean, organized. I like their service and attitude VERY MUCH and I will deal with them again. I highly recommend them!!

Easy, low stress car buying experience

by from New Market, MD |

My husband and I were skeptical having never heard of MemberCar before it came up on our used car search, but the overall experience was great! This is definitely not your run-of-the-mill dealership, and you won't feel pressured or stressed during the browsing/buying process (they didn't even take our phone number after our first visit, so it was us who contacted them back about a car). We ended up purchasing a vehicle through them and are very happy with the whole experience. You can tell that they care about the quality of the cars that they purchase and sell. We dealt mostly with Robbie, but also met the owner, Dave and another employee, Carl. All were pleasant to work with and patient with us (this was our first time buying a car). We would definitely recommend MemberCar to anyone looking for a quality used vehicle and a low-stress buying experience. Thank you!

Solid buying experience...

by from washington, dc |

i had never heard of member car before and was hesitant to check them out... however, they had the largest selection of the car that i was looking for... without having robbie, the sales manager, accompany on my test drives (i took 6 of them) i was able to really take my time and check on the things that were important to me... upon deciding which car i wanted, the buy process was seamless and hassle free... robbie even did some research on his own regarding warranty and free service left on the car... when i took possession of the car, it actually looked better than when i test drove it, due to robbie's own initiative to make the car perfect... overall, the buying experience was easier, friendlier, less forced, more personal, than i would have imagined... so far, nothing is wrong with the car (knock on wood) and i feel comfortable having given member car my business...

Amazing place to buy a car!!!

by from Odenton, Md |

Everyone at the dealership was very nice. We enjoyed talking with Carl, David, and Robbie. Robbie made our car buying experience very easy. It was quick and he was very nice to work with.

One Stop Shopping

by from Central Pa. |

Never heard of MemberCar, but would soon become a fan. Found them, while browsing for a certain model no one else had in stock. This was the winter of 2013,Sochi Russia was warmer than the east coast. And I find the need to buy a car, not just any car.... a convertible! I call MemberCar and speak with a most helpful sales person. I am 300 mi. from this business, and not an overly trusting gal! With Robbie's help I buy a beautiful car, sight unseen and it is delivered to my door in a week. Crazy as it seems it was the smoothest transaction I have ever had buying ANY car! He sends me pics,he sends me the Car Fax and he gives me the cars history. Continues with completing the transaction by recommending a delivery service to have it brought to my front door! Thank You Mindy! Thank you Tomi! And thank you very much it was exactly as he described. No wrinkles...No worries! To all inside the walls of MemberCar but esp. to Robbie I want to say, I honestly prefer buying a car this way from here on!

Back again for our second car purchased here!

by from Laurel, Maryland |

Have been to Member Car for our second vehicle - the first a 5 series BMW -- this one was a Hyundai Genesis. As before the service was great and personal. Everyone was focused on customer service - but the most important feature is the quality of product. Vehicles are well prepared and clean - our BMW is now with us 7 years and still running like a top. Do not feel we will ever go anywhere else for vehicles in the future. Special recognition to Carl who made the entire process comfortable and easy. And of course - thanks Dave! If you are looking for quality cars at great prices - and you can depend on what they tell you about them - go to MemberCar!!!

One on one customer service

by from Frederick, MD |

I don't normally feel comfortable when it comes to car dealerships because I feel like I'm getting scammed, but I did not feel uncomfortable around this place at all. They were open and honest, and completely up front with details of the car I was looking to purchase. It was in immaculate condition. They gave me a great deal, better than what I'd expected, and even helped me get financing. I checked other dealers with the budget I had, and the condition of the car I was looking at at member Car was superior to anything else I saw offered elsewhere. I would definitely come back to Member Car for any future purchases.