MemberCar

MemberCar

227 Derwood Cir, Rockville, MD 20850

Used 866-414-4621

Excellent dealership,best buying experience ever.

by from Winchester, VA |

I will check back with MemberCar for my next car purchase. I really enjoyed the experience. Really smooth buying process. I will strongly recommend them to other friends.

Treat you like family!

by from Alexandria virginia |

I'm a single woman and put out feelers on where to go for a used car and the COO of the company I work for said Membercar. This is my second car I purchased from them and will never buy from anyone else. Even if they don't have what you are looking for in their inventory, they will find it for you. My boss bought two cars (for his kids) from them this way in the past year. i can't say enough good things about them. And the best part....when you buy a car from them, the door doesn't shut behind you...they are ALWAYS there to help. They also have an auto body shop so I've taken my car to them for that as well. Who would think you'd be treated like family when you buy a car?

Great value, great people to deal with

by from Ellicott City, MD |

It was a very good buying experience. No pressure and no hassle.

Disappointing Tactic

by from Leesburg, VA |

I was interested in purchasing a 2005 Navigator from this dealer. I took time off work to travel to Maryland to inspect the car and was looking forward to the purchase. Finally, when I passed my credit card information for the down payment, the price quoted on Cars.com was not honored; the dealer added $1000 to the price displayed online. Beware!

MemberCar responded to this review

October 11, 2013

No matter how fantastic our product, or how high we have set our customer service goals, situations will arise in which a customer is not satisfied with their experience. In this case, the customer is completely right in expressing his dissatisfaction in regards to this pending purchase. This vehicle was offered for sale by all advertisers except one at a given price, and then our staff had a brake down in communications, which resulted in this problem. We can only say that we missed the mark in our goal of complete customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on our very high rate of repeat and referral customers. We don't feel good about negative feedback, but this is an opportunity for us to learn where improvements can be made. We're very sorry the customer had this experience, and steps have been taken to improve our operations, so this doesn't happen in the future.

BMW inquiry

by from Raleigh, NC |

I actually ended up not buying the car for various reasons unrelated to the dealer. But they took an extraordinary amount of time with me talking through what the process would be etc. It was clear that without a doubt these were the kind of folks that make it easy and frankly pleasant to buy a car. They were smart, rational and didnt try to push me toward something I didnt need. good folks.

Amazing staff, very helpful, great prices

by from Chester, MD |

While deployed with the military overseas I worked (through my wife) to get a vehicle with Member Car. The first thing I notice on the site were the excellent prices for the vehicles. After finding the vehicle I wanted I contacted the dealership and set up everything for my wife. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. After purchasing the vehicle I ran into some legal problems with my loan and the dealership was more than understanding of my situation. When I called the dealership to apologize for the issue, they replied " We understand the situation you are in being deployed and we are more than willing to work with you as much as possible". This statement alone is more than enough for me to recommend this dealership to ANYONE in the area. It's getting harder and harder to find companies that support and work with military personnel. I will be recommending this company to anyone in the area looking for a vehicle.

MemberCar responded to this review

April 13, 2013

Hello Bradley, Thanks for the excellent review you posted on cars.com. It is our primary goal to provide our customers with an excellent purchase and ownership experience. We really appreciate you reaching out to MemberCar while you were deployed overseas, and having the confidence and trust that we would take care of your purchase transaction. We also appreciate your service and sacrifice to our country. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your family, and please let us know if we can assist with any automotive needs in the future. Larry Barker Carl Barthman

FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!

by from Knoxville, TN |

Unbelievable service! I found the car I wanted and contacted Membercar to see about purchasing it. I am from another state so I was extremely nervous about buying a car having never laid eyes on it myself. Membercar made the process SO easy for me! Excellent communication every step of the way, and they really went out of their way to make things easy for me! Everyone I dealt with was truly happy to help me! I can't recommend them enough! And talk about value - when the car finally arrived it was BETTER than they described it! I got the car I wanted and saved thousands of dollars over local dealers. They really went above and beyond to earn my trust and my business! Thank you Membercar! If you're looking for a used car these are guys you can TRUST and that will be happy to work WITH you instead of work you over!

BEST CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!

by from Kensington, MD |

Two days ago I purchased a used 2005 Ford Escape XLT from MemberCar and it truly was one of best car buying experiences ever. When I first called the location I spoke with the owner David Waghelstein and he stated to me hat they were a no hassle or haggle dealer who just wanted his customers to have a great car buying experience From the moment I arrived, he kept his word. Everyone I dealt with was so friendly and professional. Larry Barker my salesman was incredible. He not only gave me a more than fair trade in offer for my 2006 Dodge stratus, I know because I did my homework before trading in my car, but he also refused to let me purchase the 2005 Ford Escape before correcting a few damaged items on the vehicle for no additional charge, where most other dealers would have told you to take the car as is for the listed price, or would charge you for the repairs. Most of all Larry Barker was just one of the nicest human beings I ever met. Then there was Carl Barthman the finance officer, who was also very professional and courteous. He somehow found a way to reduce the price of the 2005 Ford even further. Lastly I was introduced to Manny Bermudez who is in charge of their member services who was also incredibly friendly and helpful in explaining the network of services they offer. Oh yeah, did I mention that they also give free car washes every Saturday to all their members! Thank you to David Waghelstein and the whole MemberCar family for truly making this a wonderful experience! Scott Prentice

A TRULY EXCELLENT DEALERSHIP. A+

by from Takoma Park, MD |

Dan Williams, the Sales Manager here, is the kind of person most of us would like to have as a neighbor. He is smart, thorough, good-humored, honest, and genuinely helpful. He takes car of his cars. He takes care of his customers. In today's world, that's rare. I know because I used to work as a Mercedes-Benz car salesman. Recently, my wife and I wanted to buy a used vehicle. We went to a few dealerships and researched many more. MemberCar stood out because every single review we read was highly favorable. Having just bought a Toyota Land Cruiser from Dan Williams, I now know why. He had the car gone over by his mechanic, meticulously. His mechanic, Bob, is himself a stickler for detail; he is independent of Dan's operation but State Inspects the cars MemberCar sells. On our Land Cruiser, before we bought it, he found about $1400 worth of work that needed to be done. Dan Williams authorized it, and he didn't raise the price a penny. My rating: A+nd well done!

GREAT GREAT GREAT EXPERIENCE!!

by from Silver Spring, MD |

I recently purchased an 03 Acura RSX-S from MemberCar and from the start EVERYONE was SO nice & respectful! I really felt welcomed & cared for by the employees. Mr. Dan Williams & Mr. Waghelstein really made the process of buying a car run as smoothly as possible despite my difficult schedule & with NO pressure whatsoever! My husband works for a dealership & he was surprised at how friendly & caring everyone was with us, we weren't just another sale. I'm SO HAPPY with my purchase, monthly payment, and the customer service I received from MemberCar! I will definitely be recommending MemberCar to friends & the rest of my family! :) Thank You guys, I love my car! :D