Berg Car Company

10680 SW Canyon Rd, Beaverton, OR 97005

Many problems

by from Vancouver, WA |

There were several issues wrong with the car that they would have had to know from buying the car used, but refused to tell me. They cost me several thousands in repair on top of a very generous car payment with no negotiations.

Horrible experience

by from Portland, OR |

I purchased a car from Berg Car Company in February and have never had such a horrible buying experience as I did there. Within a week of buying a used Subaru from Berg, we had to put in several parts to maintain the car. After getting a new front axel, spark plugs, spark plug wires, valve cover gasket, transmission service, New belts, etc. We were informed by a very well rated mechanic that the engine would blow up soon due to a bad bearing. This job would cost at least $2000 with parts and labor. With the cars value being less than $4000 we were very disappointed to learn of the engine problem. After 2 weeks of trying to get a hold of the owner Mr. Neil Berg to discuss the problem with the car he sold me, he was not willing to help with the cost to fix the engine nor put me into a different vehicle. Mr. Berg also gave me a 30 day warranty that he would fix an interior problem and when we went to the dealership he informed me that he no longer had a mechanics shop on site and would not be able to fix the interior. After getting no where with Mr. berg I decided to take the car to another dealership to see if they would help me get into a different vehicle and when we were in the process they gave me a car fax report that showed an inconsistency in the mileage. Needless to say i would NEVER recommend nor ever re visit Berg Car Company. Worst experience I've ever had.

Thanks for a great car at a great price!

by from Hillsboro, Or |

I went to Berg car company early in October based on an add online about a Dodge Stratus with low miles. The car ended up not being a perfect fit so we passed on it. I continued to look online for a good car deal for about another three weeks. It was then I found a 1999 Red Chrysler Sebring LXI. I was surprised to see it was from the same dealer I first visited. I returned to the salesman I first met at Berg car company, Ken and told him about my interest in there Sebring LXI. I Originally couldn't afford the car but I did love it! I told Ken what I would be willing to pay for the car and he made a phone call to the boss and soon after we had a deal! I went and got the money the next day, signed the paper work and drove it home. I am very satisfied with my purchase and will return when I need, or want a new Car! Thanks again Ken!

Berg Car Company

by from Portland, OR |

I was interested in a vehicle that they advertised but chickened out when I learned that it was Berg. I purchased a car from them a few years ago that turned out to be a money sucking lemon. In fairness, I did contact Berg about my previous experience with them and was assured that they would provide a six month warranty should I purchase from them again. The last vehicle that I purchased was an immaculate Subaru. It had low mileage and was beautiful inside and out. I have never had so much trouble with a car. Because of that, I was afraid to invest another chunk of money with these folks.

Berg Car Company consumer

by from hillsboro, or |

I recently spent an afternoon with Berg Guys!!! What a great group of guys! They were able to help me when the big dealerships could not! They were also up to the challenge of my finances and credit issues!!! I am very happy with my purchase and their help! Thank you Berg Car Company!! Beth M.

Disappointment

by from Beaverton, OR |

I asked to be contacted only by e-mail; they responded by phone. Other than that, the salesman I spoke with was courteous and helpful. However, I gave up on the car I was interested in because it had too many miles on it and the price they had posted was ridiculously high for that car--way over Blue Book for the same car if it were in excellent condition with low mileage.

used car, not so good, buyer should be more aware!

by from salem, oregon |

We emailed the dealer several times to find out more information on a 2001 saab. They never replied and we eventually went to portland to look at the car. When it was first started, it smoked very badly, and we decided not to consider it any more. We checked another car on the lot, which would not start. The sales person said that he was sure the saab would be ok after driven for a while, and offered to warranty the turbo for six months. We said that the whole car would have to have a six month warranty. They said the car had a mechanical and safety inspection and that they stood by their products and agreed to a six month warranty. We made a written deal. 1st surprise! was that they would only warranty the drive train and the turbo for six months. 2nd surprise! was that the warranty would only cover 180 days or 3,000 miles, (not the normal 7,500 miles driven in six months ) whichever came first. 3rd surprise! was that there would be a flat $295 deductible that we would have to pay for any warranty work done and only by their shop. We should have walked away, however we liked that car! We paid for the car and drove home. The very next day, the check engine light came on. The error codes indicate that the fault is the direct ignition control, ( not part of the drive train, because it is not lubricated) estimate is approximately $300. We also had the car serviced and found out that the right front tire was worn off on the inside exposing about 1" band of steel belts and the tire had to be replaced. We have had the car 11 days and it still smokes very heavily on first start and the check engine light keeps coming on. POTENTIAL BUYERS SHOULD BE VERY WARY !

perfect gas saver!

by from beaverton |

im saving 250 bucks a month on gas, they had lots of fuel savers to choose lots of imports, which was what i was looking for

Awesome experience

by from Beaverton |

Hey this was my first time buying a car and i had been to a few lots, i called and spoke with Neil, Man was his service perfect. Everyone helped me out over at that dealership, And i spent hours there, They were understanding, patient and wanted my dreams to come true, I just drove home my first car today thanks to Berg Car Company!!!

Berg Car Company Inc.

by from Vancouver, WA |

To be honest, they were pushy in having me as the customer buy the vehicle quick and not letting me take more time in checking the vehicle out. I found a problem with the transmission Shaft Seal.